Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeth Kumar PotharYour feedback matters!
My sister met with a bike accident last month and suffered minor fracture on nose. Resulting in stitches on nose. Now she is worried about the mark on nose. Is there any tube available to remove the mark from her nose. please tell me as she is worried about her beautiful nose.
Hi, I have problem in sleeping at night. When I am in a deep sleep I always snore. What do you think is the cause amd how can I prevent it? Is thre any medication I need to take? Thank you.
I have sinus problem and in it increase in weather change. Currently I m not taking any treatment only taking Inhale OXYSPRAY (oxymetazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Spray) for instant relief. Please be advise me best treatment & where we got.
Last Sunday I was travelled by bus at window seat. I travelled more than 7 hours. I didn't close the Window. So full chill air flow on me. After two days I feel left side ear got closed. Not in normal. When I wake up at morning my left nose also got closed. So I tried to open with full force. My nose release blood. Last two days happened. What should I do. Can you tell me what is the issue.
I am facing problem of snoring and it's very loud which create problems for my roommates so please suggest me some method to cure this problem.
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary. However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
I have a bad headache and acute tonsillitis even suffering from typhoid. What should be most important to me now to do?
Hello, I am venal 24years of age I have a problem of snoring and it's causing trouble Is it curable? What all measures I have to take to stop snoring? Please reply.
I have an allergic reaction to some foods as also iced water and drinks. Whenever, I take a swig of cold water or drink, though I feel comforted for the moment, at night the nasal passage closes up and as advised I take levocet d or monlevo depending on severity. I was also prescribed flutifl, steam inhalations etc by doctor who said nasal sprays off the shelf are addictive. I have severe nasal blockage and wish to know if there is permanent cure to have smooth breathing and air circulation in lungs and / or if I have to only improve the physicals by yoga, inhalations exercise etc. As I have another problem that of osteo necrosis of left knee I cannot exercise much with out causing some pain and getting breathless on threadmill. Please advise. I am 62 yrs and wish to see either a chest specialist but for clearance of nasal passage or should I see an ent specialist. Please also advise if flutiflo having steroids is advisable. Thanks.
I couldn't sleep properly yesterday and day before yesterday, I slept only for around 3-4 hours. After waking up, I'm experiencing pain in head in area around my left ear. After massaging slightly that area, it feels better. Also, I work in night shift. Kindly suggest what is it and is it something harmful?
While brushing my teeth in the morning and when I gargle my mouth with water, blood comes out. I do not know whether its my gums or from my throat. But my gums are not cut or anything.
Sir, its diksha. I pierced my ears last year but m unable to wear anything in my ears. whenever I wear earing its starts aching and slowly it gets swelled and sometimes blood also comes out. Wat to do sir?
I am 14 years old boy. I am suffering from tonsils. My throat pains while solving any food. Please suggest any remedy to get away with the problem.
If legs are become weak does brain become weak? As I am unable to stand for more time! I have addiction of tabbaco! I feel dizziness! and weak all the time all reports are normal, as jaundice lft rft, vitamin12 vitamin3, calcium phosphorous!
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.