Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Ramkrishna Raut
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta Ramkrishna RautYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am a computer engineer. So I use computer so many hours in a day. But my problem is that some times my eyes are getting red and some itching problem occurs. And after some time it's become normal. It occurs also going in deep sun light. So kindly help me.
Hello. My daughter aged 4 years had a mole under eye during birth. And it consists some hair on it. How can we remove it. Any surgery or should wait for some years. It increasing slightly and no itching.
My aunt is having a one eye vision impairment suddenly. And she is known diabetic for past 20 yrs. Without no symptoms she got left eye vision impairment. What could be the cause. N kindly tell me the treatment.
I am 55 yrs old man suffering from physicists from last two yrs. What to do.-with taking steroids facing problems like weakness, developed cataract in eyes etc etcpl advise.
Hi doctor, I have red eyes for over 3 days what should I do? and my throat also pains. so, what to do.?
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters: