Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SangeetaYour feedback matters!
Paraphilias are emotional disorders defined as sexually arousing fantasies, urges or behaviors that are recurrent, intense, occur over a specific period of time, and cause significant distress involving non-consenting partners, partners who are suffering or being humiliated (simulated or real) or through the use of an object.
There are a number of causes that result in Paraphilic disorders. Some of them are:
- Brain injury
- Biological factors
- Humiliating factors
In most cases, one or more events occurred during childhood that led the individual to associate sexual pleasure with that event (or object) thus resulting in the development of a paraphilia.
Symptoms of Paraphilia:
- Humiliating another person
- Beating or spanking
Symptoms of paraphilia can include preoccupation to the point of obsessiveness that may intrude on the person's attempt to intimate with the person of similar age. Paraphilia sufferers may experience depression or anxiety that is temporarily relieved by engaging in paraphilic behavior, thus leading to an addictive cycle.
How do health professionals diagnose paraphilias?
Usually providers of mental health care help make the diagnosis of paraphilias, including licensed mental-health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and social workers.
Common Treatment of Paraphilias:
Treatment modalities currently used fall into three categories: surgical castration, psychotherapy, and pharmacotherapy.
- Pharmacological interventions consist of antiandrogens.Cyproterone and medroxyprogesterone acetates are the two antiandrogens more commonly used.
- Psychotropic drugs may be effective solely in men with a definite obsessive-compulsive disorder component.
- Group therapy helps in breaking through the denial so commonly found in people.
- Cognitive therapies described include restructuring cognitive distortions and empathy training. Also social skills are a better way to treat patients with these types of disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi doctors you all helped me a lot for all my queries you answered well. U all took me out of my depression when I got terminated with my baby boy on march 7 but now I have one more query after termination I was bleeding for 15 days and on april 11 I got my periods and it was like heavy only and lasted for 5 days till april 11 and on april 15 we had unprotected sex with no problems and on apil 16 we had sex without protection but on 16 for few min I was bleeding without pain without clots y this happened and after some time it stopped. In this cycle I will ovulate or what I can get pregnant in this cycle knw. Im taking livogen tablet is that ok. When will uterus take back its normal size. What happens if I get pregnant in ths cycle like it will be two months over knw from the date of termination please help me out I want to become pregnant soon.
Me 23 years ki married ladki hu mere es mahine period nhi aye 10 din late ho gye h mene pregnancy test kiya bo positive tha .kya me abhi maa banne ke lia taiyar hu. please mujhe pataye me ye nhi soch pa rahi hu ki abhi maa banu ki nhi. Help.
My HCG-BETA level is 7.37mIU/ml. I am I pregnant. My FSH is 132 on 2015 my doctor says at that time its menopause.
I am 6 month pregnant. .i want to do 3d scanning .but In which this scanning should be done, And I want to know what all benefits of this 3d scanning?
I m 25 year old female my uterus shows two live embryos are 7 weeks. Llying in separate sac. But a Cystic mass measuring 52.1mm?38.7mm seen in right adenexa please Tell me right advise. What is best solution? 1. Kiya mujhe normal delivery se children ho sake hai? 22. Cystic mass se mujhe or mere children ko koiy big problem to nahi hai? 3. Agar finally cystic mass ko Operation se nikalna pada to bina kisi lost ke ye ho sake hAi. 4. Cycle mass ko nikalne par main dobara pregnant ho sakti hau? please give me top priority and best advice. Thanks you.
A mundane life is something every person dreads. While people fail to find time to indulge in modes of entertainment regularly, there's a handy way to relieve them of stress. The key to remedy their woes is in their own hands. If you have been trying to reach after such a solution for long, forget the forage and laugh your way to glory. Hundreds of people, consciously or unconsciously, have been benefitted by the positive effects of laughter. So, the next time you see a swarm of people laughing in the nearby park you should probably join them.
The following statistics state the health benefits of laughter:-
- Laughing can help you burn calories- If you want to burn some calories the easiest way is to laugh for more than a while. Laughing for a few minutes can effectively burn ten to forty kilocalories. In order to make this kind of progress last, a person needs to laugh for an hour each day. Laughing can also reduce fifty percent of your anxiety thus heightening your energy levels.
- Laughing allows you to see from a different perspective- Being absorbed in your subjective perspective can be very bad for the decisions you make. Humor encourages you to maintain constructive distance from a problem in order to come up with a different perspective. In over seventy percent cases of clinical depression, humor has prevented patients from being overwhelmed by occurrences.
- Your cardiac health can be improved through humor- Being happy keeps your heart happy. So many people cannot workout even if they wish to. Severe injuries or other illnesses could hinder a person's intention of exercising regularly. They should laugh to treat their cardiac conditions. Laughing can make your heart pump as much as walking at an unhurried pace does.
- Laughter can increase the number of T cells- T cells are cells that make up a person's immune system. Laughing puts T cells in action and they immediately start defending your body against infections and diseases. Laughing can treat sixty percent of the common diseases human beings contract. One can deal with the threat of common cold or viral fever through his or her knack for humor.
- Laughter can deal with hypertension- Hypertension is a threatening condition faced by millions. Not caring for high blood pressure levels can result either in a stroke or a heart attack. The simple way to control hypertension is to laugh as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My gf and I had a physical contact yesterday. 14/4/2016. Though I was nowhere near to my ejaculation but my penis was a bit wet. I did a foolish thing by rubbing my penis on her vagina. What do I do now. Do I give her any emergency pill (i pill. Will it harm her in anyway. please ans ASAP. Thank you.
My wife is 5 weeks pregnant and just found out he has thyroid levels more than 100 TSH. She took her first 100 mg Thyronorm medication starting today with empty stomach. Will there be a problem for the baby. We took an appointment. She took her first 100 mg Thyronorm medication starting today with empty stomach. Will there be a problem for the baby. We took an apppointment with Endocrinologist today evening. Will there be any complications with baby's physical or mental growth. Can thyroid values be sustained to normal by regular medication and can we expect a healthy baby? Please guide us. Regards.
I am 38 years old. 1st baby normal delivery (8 years old baby girl). After that 3 miscarriage 2 months, 3 months and 8 months period. I am again pregnant with 9 weeks. During test found Rubella Igm 39.20 + and rubella Igg is 77.80 +. Although, 8 weeks sonography shows baby normal growth. But I am worried about Rubella virus infection. Please advise, do we need to continue with this pregnancy and keep monitoring through sonography or due to rubella + we should go for abortion (DNC). Your early advise would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance! Regards, Ruchi
I am 21 years old girl. And I want to concieve baby. But when I do sex with my husband. I dont feel anything. I mean it dont get succeed. What should I do?
Sir/Madam Today morning I do intercourse with my wife with out Condom and ejaculate the semen into her. Her period was from 1 August to 4 August. Please suggest me what do.
I'm pretty sure there was no ejaculation, even urinated and took a bath before intercourse, the intercourse only lasted for about few minutes. Her period was on the 7th of April, had sex on the 7th day of her period, she usually has a 27-30 days cycle, what are the chances of pregnancy?
The adrenal glands are present above the kidneys (hence the name) and produces an important hormone known as cortisol. Cortisol is responsible for regulating multiple body functions, including controlling the blood pressure, protein and carbohydrate metabolism, and anti-inflammatory response, and stress management.
Under natural circumstances, the body produces excessive cortisol in the following situations:
Physically stressing situations like illness, surgery, injury, pregnancy, etc.
- Emotionally stressed situations
- Athletic training
- Panic disorders
Causes: Cushing’s syndrome is a group of symptoms that manifest when there is too much cortisol in the body. It is more common in women than men, in the age group of 25 to 40. Some of the common causes for Cushing’s syndrome are listed below:
- Consuming too much of prednisone (and other steroids) or for prolonged periods can cause Cushing’s syndrome. These are strong anti-inflammatory medications and are used in asthma, arthritis, lupus, transplants, etc., to control the body’s inflammation reaction. It is therefore advisable to use topical steroids than oral steroids or injections as their effects are more noticeable and severe.
- Adrenal gland tumours can cause excessive production of cortisol.
- Pituitary gland tumours or adenomas also can also cause excessive production of cortisol, leading to Cushing’s syndrome.
The first type is known as exogenous Cushing’s disease and the others are known as endogenous Cushing’s disease.
Signs and symptoms: Cushing’s disease produces characteristic features which are referred to as the Cushingoid appearance. These features include the following:
- A rounded, plump face with a pinkish hue
- A moon face, with fat deposits on the face
- A buffalo hump with fat deposits between the shoulders
- Stretch marks on the abdomen, thighs, and arms
- Weak muscles, especially in the hips and shoulder
- Significant weight gain
- Skin that gets thin and bruises easily
- Extreme tiredness
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Thin arms and legs
- Delayed healing of cuts and injuries
- Increased facial hair in women
- Menstrual disorders
- Reduced libido, infertility, and erectile dysfunction in men
- Emotional issues like depression, anxiety, irritability
- Increased thirst and urination
- Bone loss, and eventually fractures
- Affected bone growth in the developing years
- Increased susceptibility to infections
Complications: Untreated Cushing’s disease can lead to bone fractures, hypertension, full-blown infections, kidney stones, etc.
Treatment: This would depend on the cause. If you are on long-term steroids, the dose would need to be adjusted. This should always be done under medical supervision, as it requires constant adjustment. Underlying tumours (pituitary or adrenal) need to be diagnosed and treated. There are other hormones too which come into the picture and need to be monitored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.