Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sandya MondkarYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old and my teeth very hard pain when I have cold drink & ice cream, what should I do.?
I am 25 old I am suffering mouth ulcer on month on month for 7 to 10 days in a month. Please give me any solution.
Please suggest me something. I have 4 big ulcers inner part of mouth behind tooth on both sides. Difficulty in swallow, pain and and fever.
I am 24 years old. I have got tartar or plaque on my teeth of lower jaw from past 4 months. What would be the treatment I have to undergo and what I have to do to prevent it from further growing?
My lower jaw near the molar teeth is paining since yesterday night. I am not able to eat from that part of the mouth coz its paining over there. I am feeling lyk that part of the jaw has swollen so plzz tell me dome good medicine to cure it.
I am suffering from bad smell in mouth. I am doing proper care but no result and no problem in teeth. So what can I do?
My daughter has uneven teeth. Her age is exact 9 years old. Pls tell me what to do. She has protruding incisors and uneven canine. ON OPG Xray 8 teeth have not erupted yet. Being advised by some dentist to put steel plate for aligning the teeth while others have told me to wait it will auto correct as she grows. Am confused what to do.
Please tell me the wright method of using activated charcoal for teeth cleaning. How often we can use it and how much time it will take for teeth whitening.
Unlike other teeth which erupt at specific period of time, the wisdom teeth, in normal adults, erupt anytime from late teenage years to adulthood. The refined food habits in the recent times have reduced the need for a third molar. Also, our jaw sizes have reduced with evolution, and oftentimes, there is less space for these to erupt completely, causing their impaction. The chances of infection developing within the tooth and in the surrounding tissues is very high, requiring removal. Before you go ahead with removal, know the following four things.
- Get a buddy: In addition to the effects of anesthesia, there also would be moderate pain and discomfort, depending on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always best to have someone accompany you for the visit. This also helps you reach home safely without having to drive.
- Numb tongue and lips: The wisdom tooth removal is done under a local anesthesia where the entire quadrant is numbed before the procedure. Therefore, the chances of chewing on the tongue and the lip are quite high. Be careful to consciously avoid this as there are a lot of people who do not feel pain, but continue to chew on the tongue or lip and end up with injuries.
- Pain Management: Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, the pain will slowly set in, and will depend on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always advisable to take a pain killer before the anesthetic effect wears off, usually 30 to 40 minutes after the extraction process is over.
- Diet: For the first couple of days, stay on a completely soft diet with nothing spicy, hard, or hot to eat. One of the best things to have after an extraction is an ice cream, which can be continued for a couple of days after the extraction. Yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, mashed vegetables and well-cooked rice are all good food choices.
- Smoking: If you have had an extraction, avoid smoking for at least a week. The negative pressure created during smoking can dislodge the clot that is formed in the tooth socket. This can lead to a complication called dry socket, which can be very painful. Avoid smoking at all costs, especially with wisdom tooth extractions.
- Postoperative follow-up: Based on the complexity of the extraction, a postoperative follow-up would be required. Be prompt in following up with your dentist for suture removal, check on socket healing and postoperative irrigation of the surgical site. Resume routine oral hygiene practices as recommended by the doctor.
Wisdom tooth removal requires a little extra caution as compared to a normal extraction, the ideal thing to do is to follow your dentist’s advice.