Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SanduYour feedback matters!
My wife is heavy weight and due to this she getting pains is all body joints. What to do. Her age is 41, weight is 78 and height is 150 cm. She is also having varicose veins.
Hello sir, I am a 19 year old boy and reading in 1st year. Sir sometimes I feel pain in my chest while sleeping when I wake up I feel somewhat relaxed and when I go back to sleep the pain comes back. Sir its really hurting too much. Sir can you please tell me what is the reason behind this and its precautions. Thanks.
Hiii I Am priyanka . Actually since 6 years I have backache . I used so many home remedy but I was not worked. Suggest some remedy to recover from it.
While I am getting knee pain some sound I am getting while walking or stretching. Is ther any knee cup or so to shift load below knee to avoid pain.
I have a back pain. Due to long journey in a car. I was travelled 16 hrs continuously. Please help me to cure this.
I had a fracture in my face 1 yeAr back due to an accident and I got the treatment for the fracture. But still the swelling in face is not got clear. So please suggest how to get rid of swelling of the bone in my face.
I am 47 year my left hand with left shoulder pain I check by some doctor they give me pain killer, calcium, multivitamins 10/15days get medicine some relief but when I close take medicine pain also start this problem is befor 5 month.
I got inflammation on my right eye on white portion. I have tested for arthritis and result is negative. Doctor prescribed me mild dosage (10 mg) of steroid for a day. I am taking it for a year. There is no permanent remedy. When I stop taking medicine it will come again. Advise me for permanent cure. I am diabetic.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi doctor now a days I can't sit straight, when I am trying to sit straight, getting back pain otherwise no pain. What is the problem. Please give me solution.
I am regular runner I did x ray of leg nothing came but SHIN pain occurs when I run but afterwards running no pain. Only thing when I do hard exercise than pain occurs. Please suggest medicine or anything else my physical test of running within next month I want get rid off this problem soon from this SHIN PAIN.
I am 14 years old and I play every time football I have pain on my knee. So I consult doctor he said I have Osgood schlatter. How any treatment.
Is your cell phone killing your back?
Millions of people do it throughout the day and are totally unaware that cell phone use can be detrimental to the back. Did you know that cell phone use can double or triple the weight of your head and can strain your neck? if you are reading this article on a cell phone or tablet, you are probably doing it right now: tilting your head forward and down in order to look at your device.
Cell phones and tablets are changing the way we access information and entertainment. The use of these devices influences our posture and body mechanics in unhealthy ways that contribute to neck, upper back, shoulder, and arm pain. Furthermore, poor posture while sitting, standing, walking, or in a static position can lead to more than upper body pain and stiffness—poor posture affects other parts of the spine, such as the middle and low back.
How much does a human head weigh?
Typically, an adult human head weighs between 10 and 12 pounds. As the head tilts or angles forward, the cervical spine’s (neck) muscles, tendons, and ligaments support the head during movement and when static; such as holding the head in a forward tilted position. Even the neck’s intervertebral discs are involved and help absorb and distribute the forces exerted on the neck.
How much heavier is the human head when tilted forward?
In an article published in surgical technology international, he reported that this model showed that the strain on your neck rises as the forward angle of your head increases.
- At 15 degrees of forward tilt may equate to a head weighing 27 pounds.
- At 30 degrees forward, the strain on the neck equals a 40 pound head.
- The greater the angle, the greater the strain: 45 degrees forward equals 49 pounds of strain, and 60 degrees forward equals 60 pounds.
- Now consider the fact that the average person is holding his or her head forward to look at a phone or read a tablet for 2 to 4 hours a day, as you tilt your head, you also move your shoulders forward into a rounded position, which is another aspect of poor posture. All this excess strain creates extra wear and tear on the structures of the neck, upper spine and back, and contributes to/can lead to spinal degeneration that may require surgery.
Postural awareness a positive first step
Making good posture a habit can help prevent neck or back pain from developing, along with related posture and biomechanical problems. Good posture means that your head is upright, your ears are in line with your shoulders, and your shoulder blades are down and retracted.
“in proper alignment, spinal stress is diminished. It is the most efficient position for the spine,”good posture is not only good for the health of your spine; it is good for your over-all health and mood as well as, other researchers have found that standing straight elevates testosterone and serotonin levels and decreases cortisol levels, hormones that affect your mood, he reported.
However, modern life still requires you to check your phone or use your tablet many times a day. How do you do that and safeguard your neck?
First, don’t use your cell phone or your tablet for extended computer work, according to stanford university’s environmental health and safety department.
Use your desktop or laptop computer for extended work and make sure these devices are arranged ergonomically.
When you use a cell phone, instead of bending your head to look down at it, raise your phone.
When you are reading the screen, bring the phone up level or just a little below your face.