Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip AnandYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, my eyesight is -6 .I am going to blind. Pls help me give me a suggestion. Which food can I take? And eyesight exercises are helpful to me? Pls rly me.
I'm 25 years old female. My question is that in my eyes sometimes some white colour sticky liquid is coming I the black eye ball because of these sometimes I am having pbm in seeing and I take out that sticky liquid with the help of my hand den I can see. What is this liquid and what is the solution?
I am 25 years old working women . Daily I use eye kajal and lipstick in cosmetics. So would like to know that will kajal can harm my eyes in future? Also tell me that using cosmetics can really have harmful effects on body?
I was playing with my friends and my friend finger was poke in my eye any there is red colour formation onmy eye.
I'm a 24 year old girl. I always feel like fainting when I am standing still for some 2-3 Minutes. When my eyes are closed I feel like spinning and getting tilting and like fainting and even my eyes are open I feel like fainting. Sometime. Moving my legs help me in not feeling faint but it doesn't help much. What's this condition called and what are the causes? It's happening since childhood especially during my school prayers.
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am a 47 year old woman and physically very active. However, I have recently developed eye pockets and want to know whether they can be removed?
Hello! I am 21 years old female, I have a spot or maybe a mole in the white part of my right eye. I haven't had it from the beginning but a couple of months! U would like to know possible reasons and hazards! Thank you.
Dear sir if I have RD in my one eye for 10 Years and can not see with it. Is there any chance my good eye will have rd in future due to effected eye.
I have some problem with my eyes but clearly I watch every thing. When I work on computer or study then the problem are. Pain in both the eyes as well as head.
I'm 31 years old. Im masturbating for quite long time. Recently I have got low back pain, blurred vision, disturbed sleep, body ache, tired and less memory and focus. Kindly help me to overcome this.
◦An easy home remedy to soothe red eyes is a ice pack. Use it as a cold compress for 5 minutes on each eye, twice a day.
◦Another natural cure for red and itchy eyes is a simple splash of cold water. This can be done many times a day whenever relief is needed from red eye.
◦Rosewater is a gentle home remedy that takes away bloodshot eyes. Soak 2 sterile cotton balls with rose water, close the eyes and place a cotton ball on each eye. Leave this on for 15 minutes, twice a day.
◦If you are wondering how to remove red eyes with a safe and natural cure, a time-tested way to soothe sire eyes is to place a slice of cold cucumber over each closed eye and leave it on for 15 minutes.
◦Steep 2 bags of green tea for 2 minutes in hot water and remove. Put the teabags in the fridge and when they are cool, place them on the closed eyes and leave it for 15 minutes. This will reduce signs of fatigue and swelling.
◦Bilberry is an herb that has been proven to treat eye-related ailments.
◦Boil ½ tsp of fennel seeds in 1 cup of water and let them steep for 25 minutes. Then, drain the water out and use it as an eye rinse.
◦Homeopathic natural eye drops are available from health food stores that mimic natural tears. This is a great alternative to regular eye drops.
◦Sleep is probably the best home remedy for red eyes.