Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep SinghalYour feedback matters!
My daughter has been coughing a lot since last night. She is complaining of pain in throat and chest. During daytime the coughing is less, but it increases during the night. This has been happening for the last two days and has been taking Alex junior for the last 2 days. Also, she has been taking foracort 400 (1 puff twice a day) for last one month and asthalin puff on need basis. Please advice.
I am male my name is muthu I have a some problem I have heavy headache What is the solution for the tell me doctor.
I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Sometimes he feels why we live life but when he was busy in his work he feels why we not enjoying the moments if life. what he thinks like that is there any problem ?
I have massive hair loss and dandruff problems since couple of months. Doctor prescribed me to sternon lotion and kera xl .but I dnt get any results. My hair become very thin and rough.
Hi I am 44 yr old male with height 172cm & weight 88kg taking tabs for bp last 8yrs & dm last 2 yrs. how can I get rid of tabs? what to do to reduce weight?
Weight /10 - 2 = quantity of water required in 24 hours
Eg. Weight is 70 kg
70/10 = 7 - 2 =5
-> 5 liter water in 24 hours (in a day) should be must to stay healthy
I have white patch near my scrotum and inner thighs. At times itchy. It often gets sweaty in the patch area.
I am 21 years old in the Last year of college. I had sex with my fiancé. I was under medications for menstrual cycle and some how I missed two medicines so I couldn't take it anymore. I had my periods on 30th april to 3rd may, I had it on 5th of May and just because of missed medicines I had my periods again on 9th to 12th. I am not sure whether I am pregnant although I had the tests done it's ll negative. Please help.
I have grow my beard which oil growth is good for beard and I want to free from pimples and I want my face as clean.
Sir I have some small pimples on my penis and also on the skin around my genital area. And when I press that pimples a white coloured fluid comes out. How can I cure it.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I have pimples and black heads on my face what are the reasons of having it? Face becomes dry when face wash is applied on face?
I have black spot of my pimples on face, so How can I destroy that spot and get smooth skin as soon as possible? Give me some medicine.
I had a pimple like thing on my back neck before 3-4 days but now it bursted and slowly its curing. But another thing like that grown just beside it and now its paining a lot. Even if I touch it, it will pain a lot. So please tell me ehat can I do?
What is Acne (Pimples)?
Acne is a very common skin disease that is characterised by the clogging of hair follicles of the skin with dead cells or oil produced from oil glands called ‘sebum’. It is a long-term skin disease and is seen to affect people who fall within the age group of 13-25.
They mostly occur on the face but it can also occur on the back, arms, neck, chest and shoulders. This can result in an uneven, bumpy appearance on the skin that may swell up and appear red. In severe cases, when the swelling subsides, it may leave a mark on the affected area.
What Causes Pimples?
The reasons behind pimples are not very clear although it is seen to be more prominent with teenagers and is more severe in boys as compared to girls.
But some factors that may cause acne are:
Hormones: The levels of hormones called ‘androgens’ increase when someone hits teenage. Androgens cause the pores on the skin to enlarge and secrete more sebum. This causes the pores to get clogged, thus causing acne.
Genetics: It is more likely for you to get pimples if your parents have had them in their childhood.
Medications: Certain medications used to treat diseases such as epilepsy can result in acne.
How To Treat Acne?
It is usually recommended to consult a dermatologist who may give you several options such as-
Although it is generally a temporary condition, severe acne can leave a scar problem that can last a lifetime. A cosmetic dermatologist can provide a variety of procedures for acne scar removal or reduction.
Microdermabrasion, deep chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing have all been shown to effectively reduce or eliminate acne scars. The right acne scar removal treatment for each patient depends on the degree of acne scarring, skin type, and other factors. A cosmetic dermatologist can recommend the procedure that is best for you. Some of the treatments are:
Topical Ointments: Ointments are topical agents that are used on the surface of the skin or mucous membrane. Agents with Salicylic acid as an active ingredient can help in treating acne.
Oral Prescriptions: Oral antibiotics such as clindamycin can be prescribed to you for treating your acne.
Acne Surgery: It can be used to treat current acne conditions. It involves cleansing the skin and its pores of infections and excessive oil and clusters of dead cells.
Skin Peeling Treatment: It is a very effective way of removing current pimples and scars that are left behind by the older ones. It basically removes the old, dead skin cells and encourages the growth of new ones. This must be done upon consulting your dermatologist.
Other measures that can be taken to control outbreaks include maintaining a healthy, junk-free diet.