Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep ShettyYour feedback matters!
I m 26years old. Bleeding in my teeth from 1 year. Many checkups and medicine are taken. But few months bleeding started. Any treatment.
Hello doctor my name is kuhu sinha I am 24 year old unmarried girl I have yellowness in my teeth last year what should I do please tell me doctor.
I am 27 years old going to get marriage this year I have a problem of bad breath please provide me suggestion, how to over come that problem.
Hi doctor, I'm 25 years old for last 4 days I'm suffering with mouth ulcer what I have to do please let me know so, what to do?
When I smile laugh or talk nobody can see my upper teeth! Its seem like I am old but I am still 19 years old! This makes me feel very bad! I don't know if my upper lip is too long or my teeth are too small? What can I do in this situation? Please help!
Doctor said i have to remove my 5 side teeth from left first and after few days 5 teeth from right, so ,my question is , is there any other option that i can treat with out remove my teethes, i have got now bleeding , swollen , teeth loosing and very hard to chew any foods even a peanuts.
Dear experts/specialists, Please help. I have an issue with bad breath. I visit dentist once in a year and according to him my teeth are very clean and maintained. Whatever bad breath is coming, it is occurring due to poor digestion, nasal drip or due to throat issue. Fyi, I have a running nose tendency while eating food, brushing teeth. I myself feel the bad breath within throat area and always feel that some food particles are stuck in throat and that is causing bad breath. Also, I read on Google that this may be due to liver not functioning properly. I want to get rid of this bad breath issue permanently so please guide about next to do's, which kind of doctor shall I see in Pune etc? Any help, advice would be highly appreciated.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer that disturbs even to drink water. Please tell that how it will be ok. thanks.
The muscle below the tooth decreasing daily. As I brush fast hope so, what I have to do to regain it?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"