Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old girl. I have skin problem. There are too many pimple and acne on my face. I had used many medicines but not get any good response. So please suggest me to get rid pimple. My skin become dull and dark.
I am 20 year old. My problem is, in my face more than 10 pimples and black head, many cream and lotion use but not relief and no remove black head. So please given me solution, what should I do now?
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I am a male aged 23 years. I have scars of pimples and marks on my skin. They don't fade away. My skin is also quite oily. Although pimples don't develop on my skin now. I have applied few ointments like adapalene but the progress was really slow. What should I do to remove pimples marks as well as scars? Please recommend. thanks :)
I am not eating fried food nor any junk. N try ti drink lots of water. But now a days dobt knw wats wrng with ny skin continuous there are small boil on my cheeks. Some are filled with white fluid some are red. Suggest any thng to get rid of it.
Hello sir. From the last 2 months my face color was completely became dark. Is this because of consuming alcohol? If so, what is the solution to get back to my original color.
I am 24 year old female nd hve dark circles (severe) I hve consulted dermatologist for the same nd medicine nd cream prescribed by her does not work effectively nd really worried hve tried home remedies as well but seems like all my efforts r futile. Plzzz hlp me to reach the solution (i dnt hve any bad habit like smoking or drinking even getting 8 hrs of sleep nowadays)
I hve allot of blackheads on my nose my age is 19 please suggest me gd cleanser and moisturizer and scruber evn sunscreen I hve oily skin.
How to improve the skin color, please give me some advice very one is commenting on me that I am dark.
I am suffering from small black head type ample on my shoulder, back side and over upper breast. what should I do. As it is not going. I am having dandruff problem also. Even on my forehead ample are there. I am using away shampoo. please suggest.
Can anyone suggest an acupressure point on my face for face glow and attractive? Which part of face?
How can pigmentation be cured completely? I HV been using pigmentation creams like biluma n golite over 5 months but still not got rid of my pigmentation. I started it whn pigmentation just started on the first stage.
I am 20 yrs old. I get pimples very rarely but after the pimples go there are black spots on my face, what should I do to get rid of these black spots.
Madam or sir please to solve my problem my face was full of black spots my age 18 years old so please suggest some measures to remove black spots and pimples I am used honey lime aloevera there is no use please tell me what I do.
Suffering from dark circles under your eyes? Here are effective therapies that can do wonders!
Are dark circles under the eyes caused due to stress, or is the stress about dark circles worrying you and making them further darker?! On a serious note though, there are definite cosmetic therapies that can help you get rid of the dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can be caused by issues ranging from thin skin in the lower eyelids to poor circulation to pigment variations, and therefore the reason should be identified properly so that the treatment can be done accordingly.
For some people, poor blood flow to the eyes can be the reason for dark circles too.
- These people would benefit from using double pillows so that blood does not build up under the eyes. In the morning, a cold compress (a towel soaked in cold water) can be applied to narrow the blood vessels and reduce flow.
- Alternately, eye creams with caffeine can be used to narrow the blood vessels.
- Creams with Arnica which have anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial in reducing the under-eye darkness.
- Creams with green tea or grape seed oil improve capillary wall thickness and thereby promote smoother flow of blood.
- Diet can be modified to include flavonol-rich chocolates and Omega-3 fatty acids rich foods like walnuts and salmons.
A good under-eye moisturizing cream with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, vitamin K can be used. These help in constricting veins and capillaries and also improve skin hydration. A yellow or gold-based concealer that reflects light should be used followed by translucent face powder. There are also minor surgical procedures offered to reduce the effect of dark circles. Read on to know more.
- Laser and/or skin resurfacing: Laser can be used to trigger the superficial layers to produce more collagen and improve overall skin quality.
- Use of dermal fillers: Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the skin under the eye bags. Where the skin is very thin, this will make the dark circles less visible, and the effect can last up to 2 years.
- Grafting fat particles: The fat can be grafted from another part of the body and injected under the eyelid. This again would reduce the effect of dark circles.
- Cheek lift: If you are having dark circles in addition to eye puffiness and deep nasolabial folds, a cheek lift is a good option. This will produce a more permanent solution to your dark circles.
- Blepharoplasty: The next invasive method is the eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty. The skin of the upper and lower eyelids and the skin around the eye are treated to reduce the effect of dark circles in this procedure.
While dark circles are definitely an issue, there are ways to manage this effectively. A word of caution though, all these can be undertaken only after you engage in a detailed discussion with a dermatologist.