Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samrita Maujula
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Samrita MaujulaYour feedback matters!
I have eye some problems. I feel problems when I read or see nearly books and objects. What should I do.
Sir, I am suffering from my eye problem since last one year. When I watch television I have got some problems in my eyes. Please suggest what should I do.
My eye is swelled from last 4 or 5 days. It is totally red now and the swelling is from ear to nose. It is paining and burning lot. Can you tell me what happened and what is the treatment? Yesterday and tomorrow water is coming from eye like tears. I am having allergy tablets also so please suggest me treatment keeping in mind that thing.
I hv intense headache associated with eye pains. Intense headache at cortical region. Got fatigued even by simple walk.
We wanted to see Dr. for eyeglasses prescription for my 4 year old daughter. She has been diagnosed with +0.25 D spherical power in both eyes,+3D cylindrical Right eye and +2.5 D cylindrical power in left eye. I am confused about the prognosis as we are late in diagnosing. Most importantly, how to proceed. Some doctors suggest using nearly same power glasses since children adapt quickly while some suggest starting with a lower power and then gradually increasing. Which one is best, please advise.
Left eyes is paining and tears are dropping She is taking proper sleeps Suddenly it took place today only.
How should I care my eyes? I am using laptops very frequently for some reason about 1 year. I have to use the laptops only for 1 year. So I have to take care about my eyes.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!