Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samira
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SamiraYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.Type diabetes
Whis is the better blood sugar test to follow: 1. venous, or2. Capillary. Finger tip using glucometer.
Dear Doctor my wife aged 57 is suffering g from Vitamin D deficiency and the level in blood is 30 units only and she is suffering from muscle pain knee pain and joint stiffness and finds difficult to climb stairs. All other tests were conducted and no other problem. What is the treatment to be taken?
Stomach problems and increased amount of mucus in tools or something else which looks like white liquid.
Ejaculation of the semen with minimal sexual stimulation, or before the man and his partner wish, is known as premature ejaculation. If this happens frequently, it can cause distress and problems in the relationship.
The cause of PE could be temporary depression, stress, anxiety, a history of sexual repression, or a lack of emotional bonding between the partners. Physical disease can also be the reason, such as a swollen prostate gland (prostatitis), diabetes, sexually transmitted diseases, or cardiovascular disease.
Ayurveda compares Shukra dhatu (semen) to purified butter. Just as purified butter melts in the presence of heat, semen loses its consistency when there is Pitta (fire) aggravation in the body. Aggravated Pitta travels into the channels carrying semen, causing semen to decrease in consistency, and thus it gets ejaculated before sufficient erection. Biological and psychological factors can also play a role in causing premature ejaculation.
Ejaculation before penetration
Ayurvedic Premature Ejaculation Treatment
According to Ayurvedic perspective, premature ejaculation is caused by aggravation of Vata (air) and Pitta Dosha at the commencement of physical mating. These doshas can be aggravated by anxiety or nervousness before the sexual act. Vata is characterized by its qualities of quickness and heightened sensitivity to the sense of touch. This gives a predisposition towards quicker ejaculation. Pitta plays a role in thinning of the semen, thereby supporting its early ejaculation. Secondly, these aggravated doshas cause hyperactivity of muscles in the male organ, thus increasing sensitivity to vibration and hence leading to early ejaculation.
Ayurvedic treatment of premature ejaculation is aimed at keeping the Vata and Pitta in balance by eating a balanced diet. Problems of stress and anxiety during sexual intercourse can be effectively dealt with rejuvenating herbs, yoga, meditation and counseling.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
Avoid intake of pitta-aggravating foods like hot, penetrating, or excessively salty and spicy foods, as well as chilies, garlic, pickles, fermented and preserved foods.
Increase intake of foods that are sweet and have a cooling effect on the body, like milk, butter, purified butter, almonds, raisins, black gram, licorice and asparagus.
I am having headache for a long time. Sometimes it's very severe. I can't concentrate in my work. What should I do?
Acne is a very common problem associated with PCOS because there is an excess amount of estrogen hormone in the body. This estrogen hormone gets converted into testosterone (androgens) hormone. High testosterone hormone can increase the size of the oil production glands on the skin, which lead to increase acne problem.