Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SameekshaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors, I have extracted 2 lower tooth at the end. Now root canal or implant which will be suitable for me?
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
A thin layer of material placed over a tooth to protect its surface or improves its appearance is known as veneer. Dental veneers are a popular treatment for transforming your smile’s overall appearance. Placement of dental veneers can dramatically improve your smile and appearance. Most people believe that veneers are a single treatment when there are actually many types of veneer you can avail.
Some common types of veneers include—
Composite Veneers: Composite veneers are more commonly done. These are adjusted and sculpted during the dentist appointment. Cracked or chipped tooth, small cosmetic problems are usually fixed with composite veneers.
Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are expensive, but the effect they have on your smile is worth every penny. Porcelain veneer treatment involves multiple trips to the dentist’s office. They are stain-resistant and are more durable than other veneers.
Types of Dental Problems That Veneers Fix-
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored -- either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
The advantages of veneers are as follows:
They give a natural appearance to your teeth.
The tissues of the gum can tolerate porcelain well.
Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains.
The porcelain colour can be chosen to make dark teeth appear whiter.
Veneers offer a traditional approach in transforming the shape and colour of a tooth; they don’t normally require the intensive shaping before the procedure, like dental crowns do.
Veneers offer an aesthetic dental substitute.
I am 21 years male. I have bleeding problem from gums (6 months. What is the problem and how to overcome it?
My front teeth gap is much big and i dnt want to trim my teeth without trimming option i prefer because if it doesnot look good after treatment i can remove that treatment and look as before so pls advise not so costly treatment bt good also
I am suffering from yellow teeth that is fluoride. I want to remove fluoride from my teeth. What can I do and how to whitening my teeth.?
1. Brush your teeth twice daily.
2. Floss your teeth if you feel food is stuck in between your teeth.
3. Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months and get all your small decays of teeth filled and your mouth cleaned.
Cleaning your teeth doesn't loosen your teeth or affect your gums. This is a common misconception people have. In fact cleaning removes all the tartar accumulated over your teeth which has caused bone loss around your teeth so you feel teeth are loose. But in fact teeth will become stronger if you get that tartar out as the bone will heal and give better support to your teeth.
4. Avoid eating sticky sweet food at night. This will encourage more decaying of teeth.
5. Rinse your mourn daily with a mouth wash prescribed by your dentist.