Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Why tonsillitis problem occur in adults. What precautions should be taken after surgery of tonsillitis.
I have a problem during urinating, it is staring little bit late and it is not coming with pressure. What should i do? Please advise.
How much cost is of penis enlargement surgery? And is it useful I want to make my penis very big and thick.
I have an constipation problem my intestine are not clear at one time when I pass my stool and also this constipation is hereditary from my father so please tell me what I should do?
Last night I had a cold coffee then a cheez burger and a pizza then I had dew. so, after that I didn't had a food at 4.30 I had a pain in my stomach which made to have latrine 4 times but its was not in fluid form than I took medications from a doctor and had sum lime juices but still I am having pain in the stomach.
If anybody have answer. He may please reply how to keep erect penis at long time during intercourse.
Hello. I frequently suffer from headaches, severe fatigue and find difficulty in concentrating on a thing and to memorize anything. Earlier it was not so. I am a good student but now these things are happening. Are these the symptoms of any disease or any internal problem. Please help me.
Sir, for last 15 days, I'm eating only 4-5 biscuits a day. When even I try to think about food, I vomit. How to stop vomiting N start my hunger? I'm having acid water in mouth every few mins. I fainted a few times when I feel gas in my stomach or when I came back from latrine.
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections. Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
The first defense mechanism of the body is made up of the tonsils. They synthesize white blood cells which fight against infections. Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment. For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place. Chronic cases of this disorder warrant a surgery known as tonsillectomy. This is a surgical procedure to remove the tonsils. In case of dehydration, intravenous fluids are administered.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly
I have fever 103 from 5 days please tell me the prefect medicine to take the relev from the fever and what I take in meal.
Hi, My ear wax does not come out on its own, I have to always go to a doctor to get it removed. It hurts too sometimes since the wax dries up and becomes hard. Is there a way this can be cured?
In winter time always blood comes from his mouth. N cough also Soo please can you tell me what to do.
My age is 50 plus, I have done with full body blood and urine test. My all reports are normal, but my knees and legs down the knees get pain so much, tell me the reason.
HI, Since last 5-6 days, I daily get some pain in my chest (right at the middle of chest) in couple of hrs after having my dinner. Is this problem related to digestion of dinner or there could be some major problem? Best Regards, Saurabh K S.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.