Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sambit Patnaik
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sambit PatnaikYour feedback matters!
My friend is in fever from 3 days, taking crocin, now he also caught ulcers in neck, he is not able to eat anytime, what we do?
I am 28 years old. Feels lots of itchiness in the body specifically in arms, thighs and hips. It's unbearable itchiness, keep on scratching skin. After itching skin becomes red. Pls suggest wat can be used. It has happened for the first time n its been few months I hve shifted to Mumbai. Is it skin dryness? Wat can be used to get removed itchiness.
Sir my penis is bent at shaft like a banana. Plzz tell me some accurate medicine to resolve this problem I am soo worried about this.
I have in sex addiction. So I lose my sperm quality. How can I improve my sperm quality. How can I avoid to sex. And get a better life.
I'm 46 years old and since I was trying for divorce for a long time, I did not have sex for last 6-7 yrs. Now, I'm having problem in erection, I'm not having proper erection. What do you suggest?
Fractures are simply a break in a bone. They can be caused due to injury, (traumatic fractures) or a pre-existing condition like osteoporosis that causes weakening of bones (pathologic fractures). There are many ways to classify fractures. All fractures fall into the major categories of simple and compound fractures. Simple fractures are fractures where bones remain inside the skin and don’t jut out. They are also called closed fractures.
Compound fractures, also called open fractures, are broken bones that penetrate through the skin. These types expose the bone and deep tissues to the environment. Compound fractures are more serious of the two. The healing here may be affected due to deep infections for which antibiotics need to be used. There are many different sub types of fractures and we’re only going to skim through them here.
- Comminuted fractures: Severe fractures in which a bone breaks into several smaller pieces.
- Avulsion fractures: A small piece of bone is completely torn off from the main bone due to fierce pulling off a part of the body.
Other types of fractures are characterised by the many different angles the bone breaks into like transverse, oblique and spiral fractures.
When a bone is broken there are symptoms like swelling that doesn’t subside on its own and pain. In such a case it’s imperative that one goes to a doctor for a diagnosis. Doctors can usually recognise most fractures by examining the injury and taking an X-ray. The X-ray also provides a clear idea about the type of fracture and the degree of displacement of the bone. And, it’s important that the patient doesn’t wait too long before approaching a doctor. This is because bones begin to heal very quickly after a fracture and the bone tissue will heal using any tissue available. This can lead to a misalignment of broken pieces of bone and cause disability and loss of function.
There are cases when X-ray may not show a fracture. This is especially common in fractures in the hip and wrist in older people. For diagnosing these, doctors will get some other tests done such as a computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or a bone scan.
Fractures have to be treated by doctors. The doctors set the fractured bones in their proper place and hold them there so that they can heal. Setting a bone is called "reduction." Reduction without surgery is called "closed reduction." But if the fracture is serious, it’s going to require surgery with bone repositioning, called open reduction.
In extreme cases, pins, plates, screws, rods, or glue are used to hold the fractured bones in place, inside the body. Once the bone abutment has been treated, the bone is immobilised to allow the broken pieces to heal. In most cases, the fractured part is set in a rigid cast. The fractured ends of the bone can be fixed into place using metal pins connected to an external frame. This is removed after the bone has healed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
These are my medicine my gync advised for infection uti (7 months pregnant) day 2 Nitrofurantoin sustained 100 mg for 3 days Urispas And clotrizomale pessaries capsule to insert N 1 neeri syrup I want to know is it having any side effect just taking a second option also m taking iron calcium n vitamin b12 so I ha to maintained a gap of time in eating these tablets n if it so what to eat and when.
My husband had bypass on 2004 dec. 2014 dec we took ct scan. The result came like this. 1 new artery right side had a block. What we can do for this. Please dr help us by saying the treatment ?
Diabetes refers to the condition when there is an excess of glucose in your body. Though glucose is beneficial for the proper functioning of the body, an excess can lead to serious consequences. Over the years, diabetes has emerged as one of the fatal diseases, one that once developed has no known cure. This condition is preceded by various perceptible symptoms, some of them are
- Insatiable thirst: The onset of diabetes is almost always accompanied by a nagging thirst, one that refuses to be quenched despite drinking plenty of water.
- Frequent tendencies of urination: A frequent tendency of urination is one of the primary precursors of diabetes.
- Acute hunger: Having bouts of acute hunger is one of the most predominant premonitions of diabetes.
- Exhaustion and fatigue: In case you are suffering from diabetes, you will inevitably feel tired and exhausted all the time.
- Blurring of vision: Diabetes is one of those rare conditions that threaten to affect and damage the eyesight. The blurring of vision comes hand in hand with the onset of diabetes.
- Sores which take a long time to heal: One of the most fatal symptoms of diabetes is when the sore that you have suffered from takes a longer time than necessary to heal.
Some of the complications which diabetes invite are:
- Cardiovascular problems: Diabetes considerably increases the risk of a host of cardiovascular problems and ailments like heart attacks, chest pain, and stroke.
- Damage to the kidneys: The pair of kidneys that human beings are endowed with has the responsibility to remove the toxins from the body. An excess of diabetes in the body unsettles the purging ability of the kidneys.
- Damage to the eyes: The onset of diabetes, among other things, puts your eyes at great risks. The condition tends to damage the blood vessels of the retina and can even cause blindness in some.
- Skin disorder: Diabetes puts your skin at great risks. You may suffer from various bacterial and fungal infections among other ailments, due to an excess of glucose in your body.