Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Samaya SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi, My wife had to take an emergency contraceptive pill (levonorgestrel 1.5 mg) within 24 hours after consulting a gynecologist. Now she is having lightheadedness and nausea for the last 5 days in short spells, specially during morning hours and at night. Her periods were due on the 27th December. How to know if the medicine is working and are these symptoms normal side effects?
White discharge is quite normal but I go through this this almost everyday though not much that I have to use something is this normal? If not what are the remedies to cure? & my weight is just 40 with height 5" 3.
Not eating that bag of chips or drinking that bottle of soda is a difficult temptation to resist, especially if you eat them more than a few times a week. But these are not good for you; they are a storehouse of chemicals, which can wreak havoc on your health.
Here are seven reasons why you should avoid processed food:
- They are very addictive: When your body digests processed food, it overstimulates the proliferation of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine makes you feel pleasure, which increases your cravings. And, cravings lead to more consumption, thus you get addicted to processed food.
- Cause damage to your bones and organs: Processed food contains phosphates that not only add taste, shelf-life and texture, but also end up damaging your bones and organs. Phosphates have been linked to premature aging, weak bones and kidney damage.
- Lead to digestion problems: Processed foods are usually rid of their natural enzymes, fibres and vitamins. This creates severe problems in your digestive system. Consuming such foods harms the good bacteria in your gut, which makes you vulnerable to infections.
- Can lead to mental degradation: If you find your memory slackening or you're finding it hard to concentrate, then you can blame your diet. Junk food, it has been found, gives you mood swings, makes your energy levels unstable and leaves you feeling angry and agitated.
- GMOs: Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are what replace the 'real' ingredients in processed food. GMOs have been associated with infertility, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer and organ damage.
- Pesticides: For the GMOs to grow, farmers use herbicides and pesticides, which end up in your food. For example, certain cereals have been found to contain more than 70 types of pesticides.
- Processed food is artificial: When you compare real food with processed food, the obvious difference would be the way real food deteriorates over time, just like they should, while processed food remains the same. Processed food does not change with time, and proves how synthetic they are essentially. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I got my period on nov 23. Today it is my 9th day. Every month my period stop on 5th day. But this month from 6th day to 9th day (today) I have bleeding little that to in black red colour. Is there any issues. Will this affect ovulation. Im trying to convince married for 6 months.
My wife does not get sleep, it seems during her study she used chat and after coming home also she didn't get sleep. Now she is with me. She does not even eat properly. When I have sex I feel it loose from the beginning. Is this of not sleeping well or any other reasons. please help me thank you.
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when the air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping.
Bottom-line: Just let it go. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Meri ek5 year ki beti hai mera ek last year miscarriage ho gaya tha abhi mai again try karna chahti hu but muje ovaries enlarge ki problem hai muche kya aise me plan karna chahiye sef hoga because mai again miscarriage wali conditions nahi chagti hu.
Me and My girlfriend had protected sex last month several times. Her periods are supposed to start by 20th of this month but today is almost 10 days she had her periods. We have also checked hcg pregnancy test with early morning urine sample but shows negative. What to do in this case.
The vagina is a home to number of different types of fungi that under normal conditions are harmless. However, if the immune system is weakened, the Candida fungus can multiply and lead to a yeast infection or vaginal thrush. This condition is marked by the inflammation of the vagina and vulva along with itchiness in the vagina, discharge and a burning sensation while urinating.
Vaginal Candidiasis can be very well controlled with Homeopathic remedies. The recurrence of Vaginal Candidiasis can also be prevented with suitable Homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic medicines, which are made from natural substances, help to extract the disease from its root by raising the body’s immunity. When the immune system gets strongly empowered with Homeopathic remedies, the flourishing of fungus in vagina gets halted. As the fungus growth gradually declines, the symptoms also disappear along with it.
Homeopathy is an excellent way of treating this infection. As it has negligible side effects it is safe to use for both children and adults. Homeopathic treatment of this condition also prevents it from recurring by extracting the root cause of the infection and boosting the body’s immunity. Some popular homeopathic remedies for Vaginal Candidiasis are:
Sepia and Calcarea Carb: These are often prescribed in cases where there is a white vaginal discharge. Sepia is prescribed in cases where women also complain of itchiness that is not resolved by scratching, soreness and swelling of the labia minora, vulva and vagina, heat in the genital area and excoriation of the vulva. In cases where the discharge worsens after passing urine or where the discharge is accompanied by burning and itchiness is the genitals, calcarea carb is prescribed. Here, a woman may find her symptoms worsening before and after periods and may notice swelling and redness of the vulva and vagina.
Pulsatilla: Vaginal candidiasis that is characterised by a creamy vaginal discharge can be treated with pulsatilla. The discharge is usually also accompanied by burning and itchiness in the genital area and experienced throughout the month. Some women also complain of a backache and may experience an absence of thirst along with the desire for cool air.
Thuja and Nitric Acid: This is used to treat cases of Vaginal Candidiasis accompanied by excessive soreness and ulcers in the vulva and vagina. Thuja is prescribed especially in cases where there is excessive discomfort in the form of burning sensations in the vulva and vagina. Nitric acid is helpful in cases where a stitching pain is prominent and there is a complain of irritation in the genital area. A white vaginal discharge may also leave behind a yellow stain in such cases.
Monilia Albicans: This is used when there is a presence of cracks or fissures in the vagina or vulva accompanied by itchiness. Some women may also notice the presence of vesicular eruptions that contain fluid on the vulva or vagina.
Helonias: This is used to treat cases marked by a curd-like the deposit in the vulva. The patient may also complain of inflammation and redness of the genital area along with sensations of heat and burning. A backache, weakness and prostration are other common symptoms that can be addressed by this homeopathic remedy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello doc, is taking myo - inositol prior to ivf helps in good quality eggs resulting in making good embroys? if yes then how much time one should take this drug prior to ivf? I am 40 yrs old female going for an ivf. Thanks.
What are the chances of a girl getting pregnant if a guy moves out before ejaculation, as far as I know, ejaculation is necessary for the egg to develop. So if I have sex without protection and do not ejaculate, what are the chances of a gilr getting pregnant ?
Am in 39 weeks of pregnancy. My baby scan report says, placenta is anterior upper segment with grade 2 maturity with spine at eight side and heart beat 132 bpm during 32 weeks. I just want to know that what is the gender of my baby. Pls tell.
Introduction to the ZIKA VIRUS:
After the deadly Yellow Fever and Ebola pandemics, Zika Virus is yet another disease borne out of the African soil and spreading across the world right now. Named after the Zika forest in Uganda, where it originated, this virus spreads through a mosquito bite - that of ‘aedes aegypti’ mosquito. It can also be passed on from mother to child, blood transfusion and sex.
What’s so deadly about ‘Aedes Aegypti’ Mosquito?
Zika Virus spreads via ‘aedes aegypti’ mosquito, same mosquito that also spreads Dengue and Chikungunya.These mosquitoes typically lay eggs in and near still water found in buckets, bowls, animal dishes, flower pots and vases. They are aggressive daytime biters, prefer to bite people, and live indoors and outdoors near people.
These mosquitoes become infected when they feed on a person already infected with the virus. Infected mosquitoes can then spread the virus to other people through bites.
Symptoms of Zika Virus Attack
A person bit by an infected mosquito takes about 2-7 days to show symptoms like:
- Mild fever
- Skin Rash
- Muscle and joint pain
- Weakness and Fatigue
However, it lasts no more than a week and is usually milder than its cousins Dengue or Chikungunya. Although it is not a fatal disease, the real reason behind the panic is for the women who are pregnant. Zika is found to be a major cause of microcephaly – a birth defect due to which children are born with visibly smaller heads, severely limiting their mental and physical abilities.
Should India Worry?
While it originated in the African continent, Zika has already taken South American countries like Brazil, and most others. Although the virus hasn’t reached Indian shores yet, we are very prone to mosquito borne diseases. The Dengue menace since last few years says it all. Since it is from the same family, we need to be all the more cautious.
Preventions and Precautions:
Since no vaccine exists to prevent Zika virus attack, it’s best to act with caution to prevent the spread.
1. Mosquitoes that spread Zika virus bite mostly during the daytime. Stay in places with air conditioning or that use window and door screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
2. Use Mosquito Repellents during the day when exposed to areas prone to mosquitoes and cover yourself very well.
3. Never allow water to stagnate in or around your habitation. Avoid letting the water stand for long eg: puddles, or water in buckets or potted plants, sewage etc.
Hlo I am 22 years old. I have done sex on 4th march 2016 nd after that periods came on 11 th march. Then nxt month on 17 april. And this month no periods till now. What is the problem. But I hv menses irregularity also. Is this delayed periods or something else.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
As your pregnancy progresses, changing positions may become necessary for your comfort. After the fourth month of pregnancy a woman may notice feeling dizzy or nauseated while lying flat on her back. This is related to the weight of the growing uterus pressing on major blood vessels. Positions may need to be altered at this time.
A water-based lubricant may be used during intercourse if necessary.
During intercourse, you should not feel pain. During orgasm, your uterus will contract. If you have any contractions that are painful or regular, contact your doctor. Also, discontinue intercourse and call your doctor immediately if you have heavy vaginal bleeding (light spotting is normal) or if your water breaks (nothing should enter the vagina after your water breaks).
Talking to your partner about how you are feeling about sex and any concerns you have will help you stay comfortable. Also, encourage your partner to communicate with you, especially if you notice changes in your partner's responsiveness. Communicating can help you both better understand your feelings and desires.
Hi I am a 31 years women with 101 kg weight. I have pcod problem. I have 2 yes kid. Just now I have started taking garcinia fruit extract to lose weight. Can I take it and pl suggest me good diet sheet to reduce my weight and solve my pcod.
On the occasion of world sexual health day.
This day is being celebrated every year since 2010 by world association for sexual health.
This year the theme is sexual health: eilminate the myths.
As talking about sex life is considered a taboo, a lot of myths and misconceptions related to sexuality are rampant in all age groups and all the populations, rich or poor, educated or uneducated. Most of the them are wrong beliefs and are potenetially harmful to one's sexual and marital health.
Also, many industries are making huge amounts of money by feeding in such wrong beliefs to the society, such as spurious medicines, oils, illegal drugs, and such related services who offer miracle cures and charge huge amounts of money for conditions which are not even a disease. E. G dhat syndrome. They are doing so by instilling fear and ill-based beleifs in people's mind.
For those who are interested in educating themselves and live a better healthy life, here are some discussions
Some common myths dispelled
1. Menstrual blood is impure and women become impure during menstruation.
Correction: menstruation is normal physiological process in the womans body, there is nothing abnormal or sinister about it.
2. If a couple is not able to have a baby, it is the woman who is" baanz" and responsible for not getting pregnant.
Correction: in case of infertile couple the infertility factor may be due to either the male or the female or somtimes with both the partners.
3: some women are unable to bear a male child! sometimes such woman is abandoned or divoreced.
Correction: according to todays knowledge, the sex/gender of the unborn child depends entirely on the male sperm which has fertilised the ovum. If sperm carried the female chromosome the child will be a female and vice versa. So a woman has little of no role in determining the sex of the unborn child.
4. Sex is only for procreation (for having babies) and not for recreation (for mutual enjoyement).
Correction: in case of human being unlike animals, sex is basically meant for mutual pleasure and not just for having babies. Or else human beings will have to give birth to millions and trilions of babies every time they had sex, cause the semen contains millions of live sperms.
5. Sex and sexual pleasure is the forte of the men and women are only supposed to comply to men's wishes.
Correction: in human beings, both men and women are endowed with enough intelligence as well as body capacities. A women also has the capacity of wanting, and enjoying sex just as her male partner and for a happy couple life, both partners should make each other happy in bed too.
6. The sex life ends with women's menopause and the men crossing 40 to 50 years of age.
Correction: most men if are in good health after 40s, are able to remain sexually active well in their 70s or even 90s. Most women after late 30s or after menopause, in fact feel more interested in sex because they no longer fear getting pregnant.
7. A man can get erection whenever he wants.
Correction: just as a woman may have ups and downs of sexual desire, similarly men also go variation in their libido or erection depending upon physical condition, stress etc.
8. Masturbation and night fall leads to sexual dysfunction and loss of sexual power.
Correction: mastrubation and night fall are normal physiological processes of the body. They are as natural as feeling hungry and passing stools every day. They do not cause any loss of sexual power unless they have formed addictions.
9. To satisfy women men should have long and thick penis.
Correction: satisfaction depends upon the intimacy and communication between two partners and the mutual ability to pleasuer each other. It is the not the cup that matters, it is the coffee inside the cup which is important.
10. A woman is virgin only if her hymen is not broken or only if she bleeds during first coitus.
Correction: there are no sureshot methods to gauge the intactness of virginity in males as well as in females. In a woman, the hymen may be absent altogether or may have broken duing running or cycling etc.
11. Sex and talking about sexual health is obscene and absurd.
Correction: making it a taboo will in fact spread lot of false information. If treated in a scientific way, talking about sex can be as normal as talking about normal life events.
12. Homosexuality is choice / homosexuality is a disease
Correction: people do not choose to be homosexuals, they usually exhibit or express what they are really born with! one does need to rememebr there can be compelling factors such as blackmail, emotional/physical, or lack of availability of opposite sex partner.
13: sex education spoils the youth and encourages them to experiemnt.
Correction: any education imparts knowledge and helps you to make informed decisions, so is true with sex education. It makes one a responsible human being.
Sexual health is the right of every person.