Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SamathYour feedback matters!
Hello doc. I am 27 years old and I have pain in my left side of neck. I feel stress in vein. please suggest me.
I have a back pain since last 1 week. So what should I do for reduce my back pain please give me suggestion.
I am 32 year old male and having a pain on my legs every time from last 2-3 years. What should I do?
Get a diagnosis before anything else. It is really important to know what is causing your pain. See a doctor before you start doing any exercises or taking any medication. There are many reasons your hip could be in pain, including arthritis, bursitis, or an injury you've got while playing a sport. Always ask your doctor what you should and should not be doing, given the cause of your hip pain.
- Ice your joints: Holding ice to your hips will reduce inflammation of your joints. You should hold an ice pack to the affected area for 15 minutes several times a day. If you find that the ice pack is uncomfortably cold, wrap it in a towel and then place it on the pained area.
- Heat your joints if you have arthritis in your hips: Heating your joints can soothe the pain you feel. Consider taking a hot bath or shower, or soak in a hot tub if there is one available to you. You could also consider purchasing a hot pad that you can place directly on your hip. Do not use heat to soothe your joints if you have bursitis. Heat can cause hips affected by bursitis to actually become more inflamed.
- Get some rest: If you have injured your hip, the best thing you can do is to simply give your hip time to heal. Avoid anything that causes you to feel pain in your hip. Instead, grab an ice pack, a bowl of popcorn and watch some movies. You should give your hip a rest for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid high-impact activities: If you are in severe pain, chances are you won't feel like running or jumping anyway, but it is good to keep in mind that these activities should be avoided. High-impact activities will cause your joints to become more inflamed, thus causing your more pain. Instead of running, try taking a brisk walk, as walking has much less of an impact on your joints.
- Consider losing weight: The more your body weighs, the more weight your painful hip is burdened with supporting. Losing weight can help ease hip pain simply by removing some of that weight that stresses the cartilage and joints.
- Choose the right shoes: You should buy shoes that give you as much support as possible. Look for shoes that have great cushions, or have removable insoles so that you can add orthopaedics. The sole should have good shock absorption, should limit pronation (turning or rotating the foot) and will evenly distribute pressure along the length of your foot.
Hi doctor, Greetings. I am 32 years old (male) from last month I am noticing in my right leg knee joint part I keep getting terrible pain (internally) for 10 seconds. In a day I keep getting the pain like 2 - 3 times doctor. Please advise. Regards Carl.
I am suffering from general weakness. Legs are pained. Due to weakness Please give me a conclusion for weakness.
I am 7 months post partum via c section. Am having severe leg pain especially in the calf ankles and toes. Pain is getting worser while standing for long time. I could feel numbness in my leg when sits for few minutes. There is a numbness in the tip of my right side big toe since today morning. I feel like pressing the big toe. Kindly help me know the reason.
I am 32 years old male. I have backpain from last few months. I work in IT industry and have to sit on chair for long hours. Could you please help me how to see whether this backpain is not any major issue and get rid of this backpain.
Hi sir I want to ask that I am suffering from both knee and in my both knee I feel like a pain and my both knee is not straight and you have seen to many doctors what should I do.
I am 47 years old/male, facing problem of trembling during writing causing a shivering kind of situation while writing and hence a smooth flow of writing is not there. This habit combined with anxiety building on the same has aggravated over the years, may be in last 20 years. Now my writing is distorting with considerable pressure which I apply over the pen while writing. My worries have increased due this condition and my signature is not consistent. My family do not have such history and I am physically good and no such parkinson's type of shakes are observed at rest. I feel more of stress related problem and would request concerned doctor help me out a good solution. I work in the manufacturing company and my bp levels are normal. I ate in earlier occasions tablets like proprnolol and tonics like ashwagandha and thulasi. Never I felt comfortable and more I felt is of a psychological issue. Regards
I am 25 year old and I am suffering from backpain I took many medicines but my pain is not going please help me up.
I have back ache problem from past 3 years which is called L1S5 (Slip Disk) whats the best solution for this problem. When I do work for long time, it gives me problem during sleep and driving an walk. Please suggest me what to do.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain