Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Salim ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My son age-5 before 1 Month he was suffered with chicken pox thats why he getting marks on whole body please give me some suggestion to remove stains from his body its looking very badly and got wholes also.
My son when born till the age of 7 years he had extremely fair completion, but gradually he turned to be very dark, he is now 17 years old. Want to know the reason for this change.
I am 23 years old. My weight is 67 kgs and my height is 5'6" My skin tone is wheatish. II want to improve my skin complexion because I want to search a person to marry. For that I want to improve my skin tone. Can you please help me for that.
My face is being no unclean nowadays. Lots of marks and spots are visible on my face. What's the remedy for this?
I had used skin lite, it had a nice effect on my skin but now my skin has become dark when I left applying it.
I suffering from premature aging of skin. What should the best treatment of it without any side effects?
Dear Sir, When I am going to toilet, blood is coming with stool as well as after stool like drops and I feel that there in some part has cutted and I am feeling like burning there. So what to do for that.
My face and my hands have tanned probably because of the sun and the weather conditions. How to get fair? Please help.
Ek insan ki personality sabse zyada uske chehre se nikal kar aati hai. Lekin isi chehre pe agar daag dhabbe pad jaayein toh iski khoobsoorti mein ek kami si aa jati hai. In today's world, an exposure to an excessive number of pollutants, changed dietary habits and lifestyle are the primary reasons why log apni facial khoobsoorti lose karte jaa rahe hain.
Fair and clear skin is loved by all. However, kisi ke face be agar kale dhabbe aur marks pad jaaye toh wohi unke liye ek sabse badi samasya ban jaate hain. Sometimes dark spots may appear because of hormonal changes and due to advancing age as well. Lekin aisa nahi hai ki inko theek rakhne ke liye you cannot take any steps.
While there are a number of cosmetics that claim to visibly reduce or even eliminate kale dhabe completely. However, not all products work that well and some of them are extremely expensive to purchase. On the other hand, there are several effective ways to get rid of dark spots and marks in a natural way.
Some of these do-at-home remedies are described below.
- Use lemon to eliminate dark spots: Nimbu ke rass ki madad se aap kaale dhabbo se nijaad paa sakte hain. To reap the benefits of lemon, squeeze a lemon and apply the fresh juice on the affected area or dark spots on your face. Nimbu ke juice ko kum se kum aadhe ghante tak laga rehne dein. Practice the same remedy for at least two months regularly to see great results.
- Aloe Vera gel can help: Aloe Vera gel regular basis pe face par lagane se daag aur kaale dhabbe kum ho jaate hain. To reap the benefits of the plant, pluck out a fresh leaf and open it apart to take out the gel. Next, is gel ko aap face par 30 to 45 minutes tak lagaye rakhe. Wash your face with clean water in the end. To see best results, is nuske ko ek mahine tak follow karein.
- Honey and Dalchini facepack: Din mein ek baar apne face par honey aur daalchini ka facepack bana kar lagane se daag dhabbe kum hone ke chances bhad jaate hain. To prepare the mixture, mix equal amounts of cinnamon powder and honey in a bowl. Apply this pack on your face and keep it for half an hour. Aadha ghante baad gungune paani se apna face dho lein.
- Potato juice: Face se kaale dhabbe hatane ka one of the best methods hai aloo ka prayog karna. To practice this method, ek fresh aloo ko pees lein. Next, apply the potato to your face for at least 20 minutes, before washing your face with lukewarm water. Potato ke tukde dhabbo par lagane se bhi same results paaye jaa sakte hain.
- Dahi and Lemon: Mixing equal quantities of curd and lemon juice and applying the mixture on your face also helps lighten dark spots on face. Aap is mixture ko ek mask ki tarah laga sakte hain before washing your face with plain water after 30 minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hi doctor, I got skin allergy on my right hand and right knees. My skin is itching and got lots of small and tiny red bumps on skin. These are coming and going from 4 days. Please help and advice. And explain why it happened. Regards, Archana.
Tell me which is a healthy food for me. What to eat and what avoid. I have a dark spots under the eye and have some small holes in face skin. How to recover it by home remedies.
Got a blue mark on bicep which we call Neel in hindi, is in a bad state right now. Have turned black now. Injured a week back. Mark getting black day by day. Please suggest a remedy or a medicine. Thanks in advance.
Many-a-times, people regret of having got themselves inked because the design may no longer suit their lifestyle, interests or the very reason they got inked in the first place might not hold much meaning to them. However, the good part is that, owing to the breakthrough of medical science aided technology, you can now eliminate traces of your past mistake from your skin surface. However, a tattoo removal using LTR (Laser Tattoo Removal) might lead to the formation of scabs, crusts or blisters, within eight to seventy two hours of having undergone the process. This might even form a superficial wound on the skin. To ensure that your skin heals completely, you can consider these tips.
Apply antibiotic ointment on your skin at least thrice a day and keep your inked area bandaged for not less than three days. This protects your weak and damaged skin from infection. After three days, take off the cover to expose the lasered area of your skin to air. This helps your skin to dry out as well as get prepared for your next treatment. Scabbing may persist for a couple of weeks.
Never get panicky on noticing blisters as they play an integral part in the healing process. They are indicative of the fact that the immune system of your body has begun to take off the ink from your skin and is trying to recover.
Do not peel off the crusts, blisters or scabs that have formed after the treatment, lest they might leave scars on your skin.
If you experience any sort of inflammation or discomfort after the removal, try putting ice-pack or using acetaminophen a day after the session.
Use sunblock or sunscreen creams to protect the part of your skin that has undergone treatment. Refrain from applying cosmetics or anything that might cause itching to the area.
Take a shower, about couple of hours after the treatment. Nevertheless, stay away from bathing in a bath tub or even swimming unless the blisters heal completely. The water from a swimming pool or a bath tub may contain bacteria that may result in further infection, thus delaying the healing process.
- Get medical assistance in case of any tingling sensation or mild bruising apart from the above mentioned discomfort.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 26 years old, unmarried, and have acne all over my face and back and chest. It leaves a black mark every time which doesn't goes easily. Kindly suggest something for marks specially.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show the development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered.
How to Fight Against It
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!