Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sakin PatanakarYour feedback matters!
I am a chain smoker because of this I couldn't concentrate on anything I want quit smoking so what should I do?
I m 47 years old. I m suffering from generalized anxiety disorder with depression. So I can't travel alone.
My wife aged 60 Yrs suffers from mental disorder of emotional outbursts. It seems she is also a patient of high BP, but no medicines are used for it so far. So far controlled only through diet control. Can U please suggest suitably?
How to get rid over a problem of over-thinking. It is getting out of control and someone it makes me judgemental too.
I am 24 years old and I am a chain smoker. What is the best way to leave smoking. Pls give me solution.
My father age 75 years suffering from full body joint pain. severe pain in joints all over the body symptoms developed since last two weeks. He is psoriasis patient and taking medicines since last 10-15 years. Weight is loosing rapidly and now has only 52 kg. He was of 75 kgs before some years. He has difficulty in sitting, walking and moving. November mild ischemic brain stroke attack made me worry. I want to ask why he is suffering from body ache and why he is rapidly loosing his weight?
I am taking zepam 0.5 and galop 5 medicine. I have no any issue of seizure or epilepsy. But Dr. Is giving me for other problem. My question is. Can I take ayurvedic medicine for hair loss treatment along with allopathy.
Hello doctor My skin was fair but now from last one year it has become tanned also acne is very much coming on my face. I am becoming darker Please give me anti tan remedy and to remove acne and get my original.
I want to ask Should we over analyze? Like I kept on analyzing over My behaviour and When I see myself from the past year I found that I have changed a lot (on the negative side. If not, How to stop that?
I am only 25and my weight is 90. I want to loss my weight but any exercise or any site not working on me. Now I am fad up to all these so I am going in depression slowly. Please hel.
I'm 16 year old. 3 months pahle Mai achank se behosh hoke gir Gyi aur mai lgatar behosh Hoti rhi. Jb Apne najdiki doctor ko dikhaya to unhone bola ki ye mirgi ka lakshan h.doctor ne kuchh medicine di thi, unke dwa se asr hua ki ab behos hona km ho gya h.bt mere body me bahot pain rhta h, Shoulder me, headache, backbone pain etc and 2 or 3 days me behosh ho jati hu. Mujhe consult kre ki Mai Kya kru.
Hello, I am very depressed since 5 months. Kisi bhi chij me man nhi lagta sirf khati hu TV dekhti hu bahut gabraahat hota hai bechaini hoti hai na kisi se baat krne ka man krta hai or na kahi Jane ka ya kuch krne ka. I feel very hopeless and helpless . I don't know what to do. Please help me.
Are you addicted to social networking sites? Generally, this addiction is caused as social media activity proves to be a stimulant for your brain’s pleasure centres. But, addiction to social media can take a toll on your health as it comes with numerous side effects. Here are some of the negative effects social media addiction has on your health.
1. Limited intellectual growth: Social media activity generally involves viewing photos, commenting on them or reading comments, reading status messages etc. When you get addicted to social media, these things constantly occupy your mind and hinder your intellectual development. This happens because your preoccupation keeps you away from learning new things, and reading or studying something that generates value. Social media addiction interferes with the development of your brain and reduces your ability to concentrate on any task.
2. Pain or cramps in the thumbs: Overuse of your thumb for typing on a mobile device can occur due to social media addiction. This in turn leads to consequences like chronic pain or cramps in your thumbs, which may result into calluses (thickening or hardening of your skin).
3. Low self-esteem: Social media addiction can lead to lower self-esteem as it makes you compare your life with that of other people. This creates an inferiority complex among most people as social media updates always project that their friends’ have a better life than them. In 2012, a team of researchers from UK conducted a study on social media users. The study revealed that out of 53% people whose behaviour had been influenced by social media addiction, 51% accepted that it diminished their confidence level.
4. Lack of attention: Remaining active on social media sites can result in decreased attentiveness and concentration levels, which are considered to be early symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD. This happens due to the fact that constant use of social media websites creates a habit in people of switching from one task to another at short intervals. This has a negative impact on your attention span as you cannot concentrate on a single task for a long time.
5. Fatigue: Social media addiction is responsible for tiring your brain because of availability of too much information in a short duration of time. The brain often fails to process so much of information at such a short amount of time, which can completely exhaust you by the end of the day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.