Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaiwalaYour feedback matters!
It is extremely important to keep moving during the pregnancy period. Although the exercises and the type of movement keep changing from trimester to trimester, one should not refrain from it. Studies have found that a woman who kept moving during the pregnancy have more energy, reduced back pain and good body image. Women who make this extra effort of working out during the pregnancy can get back to the pre-pregnancy shape faster.
Is exercise during pregnancy safe?
Overall and in most cases, exercise is safe during pregnancy. You will usually find it is even recommended. Typically, the first rule of thumb is if you were physically active before you were pregnant, it is likely safe to remain active during pregnancy. More than likely, your healthcare provider will tell you to remain active, as long as it is comfortable and there are no other health conditions suggesting otherwise.
Here are some of the benefits from exercise during pregnancy you may experience:
- Helps reduce backaches, constipation, bloating, and swelling
- May help prevent, or treat, gestational diabetes
- Increases your energy
- Improves your mood
- Improves your posture
- Promotes muscle tone, strength, and endurance
- Helps you sleep better
Regular activity also helps keep you fit during pregnancy and may improve your ability to cope with labor. This will make it easier for you to get back in shape after your baby is born. It is not necessary to hit the gym every day. All it requires is some confined space and half an hour to forty-five minutes time daily to perform some basic exercises. This being said, it makes sense to consult a medical practitioner before undergoing any exercise regime. Here is a list of five basic exercises which can transform the experience of conceiving a baby:
- Plie: This is a simple exercise that requires standing parallel to a sturdy chair with a parallel fit and hip distant from each other. Keeping the knees and the toes at forty-five degrees, the belly should be pulled in and button up. The knees should be bent, torso lowered keeping the back straight. The legs should be straightened and get back to the initial position. This exercise improves balance, quadriceps, and hamstring.
- Side-lying outer and inner thigh: Lying on the right-hand side of the body and keeping the head supported by the forearm. The right leg should be bent at forty-five degrees while the left leg should be kept straight. The opposite arm should be kept on the floor for stability. The left leg should be lifted at about the height of the hip. The same procedure should be repeated for the other side as well. This exercise makes the inner thighs stronger.
- Plank: The whole body should be supported by knees and hands. Wrists should be under the shoulders. Keeping this position intact, the knees should be lifted, legs should be straightened until the whole body forms a straight line. It should be ensured that the belly do not sag or the back is not arched. The position should be on hold for 1-2 breaths and the steps should be repeated for 5 times. This exercise strengthens the arms, core and the back.
- Curl and Lift: This exercise involves sitting on a chair with a straight back, arms at both the sides and feet firmly grounded. A weight of 5-6 pounds should be there in each hand. With the weight in both the hands, palms should face the body and the elbow should be bent so that the arms are in a perpendicular position. This exercise strengthens the shoulders and the biceps. It also helps to get the balancing right. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor I am 9month pregnant women. My doubts is my baby having 2. 4kgs weight right now. Iis there any problem doctor. And sometimes I don't feel baby movements also. Am getting tension please tell me that what I have to do for this doctor. Please let me know. Am waiting for your reply.
Antioxidant-rich foods seem to have a protective effect for the skin. Consider these skin-friendly foods: carrots, apricots, and other yellow and orange fruits and vegetables, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, blueberries, beans, peas and lentils, salmon, mackerel and other fatty fish, nuts. On the flip side, some foods seem to be associated with skin damage. For example, some research suggests that a diet high in processed or refined carbohydrates and unhealthy fats promotes skin aging. Remember, many of the best foods for healthy skin also promote good health overall. Rather than focusing on specific foods for healthy skin, concentrate on a healthy diet in general. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Include nuts, seeds and beans in your favorite meals. Opt for whole-grain breads and pasta. Limit sweets.
Hi. I have taken injection zyhcg 5000 iu at 8.45 am today for fertilization. Within how many hours I should have intercourse to get conceive.
Hi, which is the best contraceptive pill without any side effects, especially weight gain. And till what age a female can take oral contraceptive pills.
I missed my periods. Recently I had a lot of stress and late shifts in office so assumed that I got late. But its the 2nd month andi have missed my dates. Please suggest some medicine as I am worried ad well as its leading to a lot of health and stress issues.
The Ayurvedic body of knowledge relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the root cause of ailments. The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. The entry and accumulation of Ama or toxins can lead to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. As per Ayurveda, the digestive fires or Agni also need to be produced in appropriate amounts.
So how can you understand and take care of your digestive system, the Ayurvedic way? Here's our take on the matter:
- Types of Agni: The digestive system has four kinds of Agni or fire that keeps it in working condition. The Jathar Agni ensures that hydrochloric acid is being produced in the stomach which directly affects the thyroid gland. The Bhuta Agni takes care of the bile acid formation in the liver. The Kloma Agni manages the pancreatic enzymes that help in digesting and absorbing sugar properly. And finally, the Dhatu Agni takes care of the tissue transformation in this entire process and region. A weak state of any of the four Agnis will lead an imbalance and food will not be digested properly.
- Doshas and Agni: As per Ayurvedic science, the state of your Agni and its strength depends on the four Doshas and the one that afflicts your being. In Vata and Kapha Dosha patients, the Agni will be weak which will lead to a 'cold' digestive system where the food will not be digested properly. This can lead to constipation in the long run as well as loose motions and gas. In case there is a Pitta Dosha, the raging fire of Agni will be unbearable, which can lead to acid reflux disease and chronic acidity as well as heartburn.
- Herbs and Spices: The use of herbs and spices while cooking can greatly cool or revive the Angi, depending on your Dosha. Ingesting a sliver of ginger along with lemon juice can help in warming the cold fire of the Agni, along with other aroma releasing spices like cardamom, pepper and licorice. Further, saliva and enzyme secretion can happen with these spices too. Also, these herbs can ensure that your digestion does not work overtime or create excess heat.
- Ama: Using hing to season your meals can also help in better digestion of food and less accumulation of Ama or toxins.
One needs to know the state of the Agni in the body and regulate the diet and routine with proper sleep and food intake patterns, for a well-functioning digestive system.
I am 7 1/2 months pregnant. My bp is 160/90. My baby weighs about 1.5 kg now. How can I increase my baby weight? Is dere chances of premature delivery?
Is packaged fruit juice available in the market are safe and intact nutritious value or it is harmful for pregnant women?
It is likely for you to know about the importance of your menstrual date. A regular menstrual cycle without disruption ensures that your reproductive system is in good health. Your menstrual date determines whether your periods are regular or not. In case of irregular menstruation, menstrual abnormalities are indicated. Irregular periods means when cycle length varies more than 35 and less than 21 days. Tracking the menstruation date allows you to know about the time of ovulation. It also enables you to notice prominent changes like excessive bleeding and missed periods. Apart from your menstrual date, you should know the other following things associated with your monthly periods:
Regular periods do not mean that you are fertile: A regular, monthly period does not guarantee or indicate your fertility. Periods can occur even without releasing an egg. This is known as an ovulatory cycle. It is basically a cycle where ovulation has not occurred. It is thought that normal periods indicate fertility, which is not true. Instead of only relying upon the dates of your menstrual periods, you should also track your basal body temperature and peek at your cervical fluid on a regular basis. There are certain applications, which can help you with this.
Regular periods do not always mean a fixed 28-day cycle: A menstrual cycle can last for a period of 21 to 35 days. If your cycle falls under this time period, your periods are normal. If your periods do not match with the given time period, abnormalities are indicated. Even if you experience your period within the given time frame, it cannot be termed regular if the days passing in between your periods stay unsteady. In case your cycle lasts for 24 days for one month, 30 for the next, and 26 for the third, irregular periods are indicated. This can also mean that your ovulation is not taking place periodically.
You can become pregnant during your period: Sperm is capable of living in your body for almost five days. This signifies that in case of shorter menstrual cycle, when ovulation starts quickly after your periods, you may get pregnant if you have sex on the last day. It is important for you to be aware of the primary difference between ovulatory bleeding and menstrual bleeding.
In case you mistake ovulatory bleeding for menstrual bleeding, your chances of getting pregnant are higher. It is important for you to talk to your doctor regarding any queries about these patterns of periods so that you know when you are fertile the most. Consult your doctor on experiencing any irregularities or abnormalities in your cycles.
Ma periods was not come for last 6 months. I have pcos appearance in my ovaries. Which medicine I need to take to get immediate periods?
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high-grade lesion conisation is also an option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in a very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
Radiation Therapy for Cervical Cancer
The two types of highly targeted radiation treatments are combined with chemotherapy to treat advanced-stage cervical cancer.
The radiation oncologists deliver high radiation doses to cancerous cells in the cervix, while sparing healthy tissue. By focusing the radiation directly on the tumor, these therapies are designed to reduce the risk of common gastrointestinal and sexual function side effects associated with radiation therapy for cervical cancer.
The two types of radiation treatment for patients with cervical cancer are:
- External beam radiation therapy (EBRT): Delivers high doses of radiation to cervical cancer cells from outside the body, using a variety of machine-based technologies.
- High-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy (internal radiation): Delivers high doses of radiation from implants placed close to, or inside, the tumor(s) in the cervix.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I am trying to conceive. I have a regular periods but this month I just got only clots for sometime only. Is it possible to b pregnant? Should I take pregnancy test? Can we pregnant during periods?
while going out in sun protect yourself from sun by applying good sunscreen of SPF 50 n goggles to protect your eyes.Always drink clean n lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. Happy summer.