Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sainani G S
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sainani G SYour feedback matters!
I have big sexual desire every night but did not get wife every time. Used to masturbate almost every night. Is it harmful for health?
I am 17th years I have not any bad habit but I have a big problem when I'm every time stress in my self my problems is masturbation please saying how to stop it.
I have a acid reflux, gastric problem. When I get up early morning my mouth got smell and at the time Spittle blood also come. What is the problem of blood came when Spittle. My age is 36, I am suffering the gastric, acid reflux last 2 years.
Sir sometimes when I go to toilet for doing potty, blood comes with yellow like gel is there any serious matter? Or what will I do?
I scratched my ear with my nail 2 days ago and now I am having pain in my ear. I am travelling and having a flight tomorrow. I am worried pain might increase in flight. Can I use otogesic ear drops?
I am 30 week pregnant and from two days I feel pain in my stomach and I am also suffering from loose motion. Is there in any medicine that I can take to cope with it? Can I take metronidazole 400 mg, Is it safe during pregnancy?
I am a 50 year old women going through menopause. My prolactin level is very high around 6000 but all my tests of the uterus biopsy, mammogram and MRI are normal. The doctor has said that my pituitary gland looks normal in size but he has referred me to a neurosurgeon. What is the reason for such high prolactin levels.
Beriberi is a vitamin b1 (thiamine) deficiency. There are different types of beriberi dry (Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome), wet (cardiovascular disease), oriental and infantile.
- inadequate intake of thiamine.
- eating a diet in which most calories are derived from polished rice (oriental).
- excessive alcohol consumption (dry and wet beriberi).
- inadequate intake in breastfeeding mothers (infantile).
- other cause can be patients under dialysis, patients receiving high doses of diuretics.
- rarely genetic inability to absorb thiamine.
Sign and symptoms:
- glucose metabolism is affected so there is weakness.
- pain, tingling numbness in hands and feet.
- difficulty walking.
- muscle wasting with loss of function or paralysis of lower extremities.
- strange eye movements - nystagmus.
- mental confusion and speech difficulties.
- brain damage - affecting language and thinking.
- general swelling.
- increased heart rate.
- tachycardia (increased pulse rate).
- lung congestion.
- enlarged heart - congestive heart failure.
In infantile beriberi the child is usually breastfed can have sudden convulsions, cyanosis and can go in a coma.
- avoid alcohol.
- avoid eating unpolished rice or cereals.
- increase intake of thiamine (vitamin b1)
- thiamine is found in almost all foodstuffs of animal and plant origin. Fats oils and sugars do not contain thiamine.
- animal origin: lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg yolk are good sources of thiamine.
- yeast is a very good source of thiamine.
- plant origin: cereals, pasta, whole grains like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans are a good source of vitamin b1.
- fruits and vegetables are not high in thiamine content.
- you can take thiamine supplements.
If any of the above symptoms are observed consult your physician as immediate supplementation of injectable thiamine is essential.