Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I am 52, female I have black pigmentations on my face and have failed in all attempts made to eradicate the same. It is becoming still worse what should I do for this?
I'm 21 years old boy. I had acne from 2 years and now my face have so many acne scars. Is there any treatment which I can get done to get rid of these acne scars?
I have a black spot in my chick's. And deep deep type pimples slope. Tel me which cream shut I used for fair n glow skin.
White patches on my lips for last 15 years and on my fingers for last 5 years. For the past 1 years it is increasing. No change in my life style or food habits. Active in the Gym, no other ailments. I am 54 years old retired Air Force officer. Taking Hemeopathic medicine for the last 1 year no improvement.
I am having some allergy in night time This was happened from one month before and what is the reason?
I am an 27 year old female and I am experiencing allergic itching on my hands. Now it has turned red and also swollen. Please suggest what to do.
Hi doctor's. Well this one is silly but I keep on thinking. Thing is my lips seems black not matching my facial skin and everyone keeps on asking wether I smoke alot or what. Truth is I don't smoke at all. Lips are black in color. Well, I drink tea 2 to 3 times a day. Is it because of drinking tea more? can I have any remedy where I can see my lip color gets changed and not being black.
Sir I have some problem with the hair fall how to solve the problem any medicine for me to the any solution for the first time in hair fall problem.
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin. So let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.