Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Mittal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin MittalYour feedback matters!
What are the side effect of metformin hydrochloride? I am taking one metformin HCl sustain release tablet 500 mg daily for last three years. Now my sugar level is under normal range can I discontinue it. Please suggest.
Unable to conceive even after repeated attempts can be heart-wrenching. Infertility problems in both males and females have been on an unbelievable rise. In females, infertility often results from hormonal imbalance brought about by health conditions such as PCOS, Endometriosis, Hyperandrogenism. Incidences of infertility are also relatively higher in individuals (both males and females) suffering from diabetes, obesity, thyroid problems, stress, anxiety, and related problems.
Unani approach to deal with Infertility
The lifestyle habits (such as sleeping pattern, substance abuse, sedentary life sans any exercise or physical activities) and dietary practices contribute immensely towards the reproductive health of an individual. Leading an unhealthy or sedentary lifestyle or eating unhealthy foods often results in an accelerated built up of toxins in the body which disrupts the balance between the four humors (Dum or blood, Sauda or black bile, Balgham or Phlegm, Safra or yellow bile). More than often, this disruption affects the reproductive health of an individual making it difficult for a woman to conceive. Used since ancient times in India (as early as the 11th century),
Unani has truly been a savior for millions of couples who had given up all hopes of embracing parenthood naturally and safely without any complications or side effects (as often seen in the case of conventional treatment).
- Ilaj Bil Ghiza (Dietotherapy): Time and again, Unani has stressed the importance of healthy and nutritious eating in dealing with infertility. The food that one eats can play a pivotal role in improving the quantity as well as the quality of the sperms and the eggs. With healthy eating, one also needs to lead a more relaxed and active life. Meditation, mild to moderate exercise and physical activities also work wonders to restore the hormonal balance. In general, walnuts, green leafy vegetables, salmon, oysters, raspberries, blueberries, eggs, bread (whole grain), flax seeds are known to improve the condition of infertility in both the sexes. For men, citrus fruits, garlic, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, carrots, berries, red peppers contribute significantly to deal with infertility and related problems. For women, the fertility boosting food options include eggs, milk, yam, nuts, and lean meat and poultry. One is also expected to avoid or reduce the intake of coffee, alcohol, processed foods, saturated and trans fats, simple carbohydrates, soy products, tofu, fish with a high mercury content (King Mackerel, swordfish, shark, to name a few).
- Ilaj Bil Dawa or Pharmacotherapy: The use of Unani medicines (comprising of herbal concoctions and formulations) have been pathbreaking in dealing with a myriad of fertility problems including low libido, sperm and egg mortality and morphology, enhancing the sperm count. Some of the herbs often used in treating infertility include Withania somnifera, Nigella sativa, Sida cordifolia, Asparagus adscendens, Tribulus terrestris.
- Ilaj Bil Tadbeer or Regimental Therapy: Elevated levels of toxins in the body can immensely interfere with the fertility in both men and women. Ilaj Bil Tadbeer is a detoxification process that goes a long way to cleanse the body of the harmful toxins.
I have been a diabetic patient since 10 years. I am currently taking combo of metformin (500)+glimepiride (1 mg)+voglibose (3 mg) twice a day. Moreover I take sitagliptin (100 mg) in the afternoon with lunch. Is this a perfect dosage or you prescribe something else?
Already I am suffering last 6 Yrs with Neoro Problem (Sleep disc 4 & 5) & Thyroid taking Thyronorm 75 mcg presently, last 2 yrs with BP 140/90 & Pulse rate 90 average for that taking Telma 40 & Cinod 10 mg, but recently effected with Diabetes (Fasting 162, PP 247) and taking 1000 mg Metformine 2 times daily. Should I continue with all these medicine or any change of medicine or doses required?
My age is 60 years and I am suffering from diabetic. I want to know how can I take care of my body in diabetes.
Mein thyroid patient hu aur weight gain kr rhi hu mera weight 55se75 kg ho gaya h. Mujhe tnsn h iski kyoki sb khte h thyroid patient ek bar weight gain kr leta h toh kam nhi hota. Yeh shi h kya aur mein loose krna chahti hu toh please give me suggestions how to loose.
I am 63 years old I am diabetes patient since 4 month only there is badly pain in my foot for that I can't sleep whole night please suggest me some for foot pain am.
I am getting married in April. I am suffering from PCON and THYROID. Please suggest for early pregnancy.
Diabetic patients should have a meticulous focus on the kind of food they consume. While too much food can shoot up the blood sugar level, too less food can bring down the blood sugar level. It is necessary to maintain a fine balance. It is also very critical to refrain from certain food items which can give a blow back to diabetes.
Here is a list of 8 such food items to stay away from:
- Candy: Candies contain a high amount of sugar and largely contribute to weight gain and increase in blood sugar. Instead of consuming candies, it makes sense to satisfy the sweet tooth with food items such as berries, fruit salad etc.
- Pastries and cakes: Pastries and cakes are loaded with white flour, sugar, and sodium. They not, only interfere with the proper functioning of insulin in the body but can shoot up blood sugar level in a very short span of time.
- White bread: White bread acts just like sugar. Once the body digests it, the refined starch in the white bread interferes with insulin and disturbs diabetes control. A better option to white bread is a whole bread English muffin.
- French fries: A favorite to many, this can wreak havoc to the blood sugar level of a person suffering from diabetes. It contains tons of oil, carb, and starch. It raises the cholesterol level and invites other diseases as well.
- Syrup and pancakes: It is one of the worst choices in a breakfast. It has loads of white flour and carbs. The butter inside the pancakes makes it worse. Not only does it interfere with the insulin in the body, it majorly disturbs the diabetes control regime.
- Raisins: While raisins may not be as harmful as other food items, it still has a detrimental effect on the body. Owing to its concentrated sugar content, it can raise the blood sugar level.
- Fruit juice: Strange as it may sound, fruit juice, even if they are hundred percent pure is as good as a sugar syrup. It can sharply increase the blood sugar level and be a major roadblock to diabetes control.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!