Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sabitha ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi I haven't sleep from two days now my head was coming headache and now my eyes was not opening Wt can I do now.
Sir/ma'am, my eye is getting red within two hour when I sit in front of computer, what shall I do? I am a software engg.
I have dust allergy and my eyes turns red when I go out, I have tried many eye drops but it did not work. Suggest me the best.
Hi I am 20 years old I have head pain wen ever I study. I had a consulted a eye specialists also. Wht should I do?
I am 25 years old and I have serious eye floaters on my eye. Even though shown to many doctors I found ni solution please make my problem solved.
My mother in law is 60 Yrs old and has short sight.A few days back she said that she feels like so many colours going round n round like a gaint wheel at the tip of her left eye.What could be the reason for this?
At this time I am using spectacles but I want to wear eye lens. Is it good to wear eye lens or any problem with this?
Hi doctor I am from Bangalore. I am 21 year old boy. My problem is at night time not seeing any items why? please consult me?
My eyes are getting drained somewhat I don't know. I play games on 40 inch led tv for 2 hours afternoon and night at 11 pm for 2 hours. I want to ask is any dangerous thing is this? Or I can take some rest or what type of thing I should do to live a healthy life. My eyes are in good condition. I just want to know what precaution I should follow to not affect by laptop, mobiles, gaming effects?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.