Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sabiha Khar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sabiha KharYour feedback matters!
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect. Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.