Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S.r RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir/Ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started on 10th aug and ended on 15th aug. We both had unprotected sex on 27th aug. I believe I did not cum inside her but she was in doubt so she took ipill (ecp) 6 hours after the intercourse. On 1st September, at 1 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and bleeding was just like her periods. She bleed for 3 days and on 4 th days, the bleeding slowly stopped. We both don't want any pregnancy. We both are very very tensed. please help us. We will be grateful.
Preconception planning and health care focus on things you can do before and between pregnancies to increase your odds of having a healthy child. For a few women, preparing their body for pregnancy takes a couple of months. For others, it may take longer. Here are a few things you should consider in your preconception planning:
- See your doctor: Before getting pregnant, consult a doctor and talk to them about the preconception healthcare needs. The doctor will need to examine your family history and any other medical conditions you may have at present that could influence your future pregnancy.
- Medical conditions: In case you have any medicinal conditions, make sure they are under control and being dealt with properly. Some of these conditions include: sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), diabetes, thyroid, phenylketonuria (PKU), seizures, hypertension, joint inflammation, dietary issues and other chronic diseases.
- Lifestyle and behavior: Consult a doctor or a specialist in case you smoke, drink liquor or use drugs; live in an unpleasant or oppressive environment; or work with or live around harmful substances.
- Medication: Consuming certain medicines during pregnancy can bring about genuine birth defects. These include some remedy and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and dietary or home grown supplements. In case you are planning a pregnancy, you need to examine the requirement for any medicine with your specialist before becoming pregnant and ensure you are taking just those medicines that are vital.
- Take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day: Folic acid is a vital nutrient that the body requires, especially during pregnancy. If a woman has enough folic acid in her body at least one month before and during pregnancy, it can prevent some birth defects of the infant's brain and spine.
- Quit drinking alcohol, smoking, and using drugs: Smoking, drinking liquor and consuming drugs can bring about numerous issues during pregnancy for a woman and her child which may include untimely birth, birth imperfections, and newborn death.
- Dodge toxic substances and environmental contaminants: Dodge lethal substances and other ecological contaminants and destructive materials at work or at home. For example, engineered chemicals, metals, bug sprays, fertilizers and animal faeces.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Women who are overweight have a higher risk for some serious conditions, including complications during pregnancy, coronary disease, type-2 diabetes and certain other diseases (endometrial, bosom, and colon). Women who are underweight are likewise at risk for other medical issues. The way to accomplish and keep up a sound weight is not about short-term dietary changes. One should maintain it throughout in order to stay healthy and fit.
- Family history: Gathering your family's health history can be critical for your child’s well-being. Depending upon your family history, you might be recommended to genetic counselling by your doctor. Women go for genetic counselling owing to different reasons such as having had premature deliveries in the past, an infant’s death, infertility, or even a hereditary condition or birth defect that happened during a past pregnancy.
My cousin have problem of undeveloped breast. She is 25 years old. please suggest her to overcome this problem.
My daughter is 15 years old she is only 145 cm hight and 37 kilo weight, during periods she also suffer from pain in legs, is it due to lack of calcium, can anyone suggest a solution her to improve her height?
The first few months post pregnancy are the most tiring for a mother. Sleep whenever your baby dozes. This will help you regain your strength.
I want to have unprotected sex with my partner. But do not want pregnancy. So when is the right time when we both have sex without using any contraception.
I'm getting my period every 25 or 26th day only, will it be a problem to get pregnancy? I'm 24 year's old.
I am 25 years. I got unbearable pain during menstruation. In that I faint sometimes. I consult with a doctor. He said it's due to swelling and hormonal disturbances. Can it be possible the reason he gave me. And how can I get rid from this problem during painful time. What should I do to overcome this problem. Kindly advise.
My last periods date was 16 feb. It was last on 21 But today again very light bleeding and cramping started.
How to prevent pregnancy without use of condom or any other contraceptive method or any intake of tablets.
I have been taking contraceptive pills for 5 days. Is it safe to be physically intimate within such a short period of time?
Hello doctors, I'm 27 years old using a copper loop as contraceptive, we moved to London last year. I'm getting my periods once in 2 months, or if I get monthly there is either a overflow of discharge, or the discharge doesn't stop till 20 days or more. For few months I went back to India then my periods were regular and normal. I came back and the problem again started. I got my date on 10th of this month's the discharge didn't stop still. There is no heavy flow but still.
What causes viral diseases to spread?
Caused by the microorganisms called viruses, infections pertaining to these microorganisms are known as viral diseases. These diseases are different and diverse in nature as they are caused by a number of viruses. Among them, the common cold is the most known viral disease and occurs due to the infection of your upper respiratory tract, namely the nose and throat.
Other widespread viral infections are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- shingles or herpes zoster (a viral infection that leads to the development of rash)
- viral pneumonia (a condition that occurs due to viruses that are responsible for flu and colds)
- viral hepatitis (inflammation of the liver that is caused by a virus)
- viral meningitis (viral infection wherein inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain occurs)
- rubella, mumps and measles
How do they spread?
These diseases are infectious and can easily spread from one person to another. When the microorganism enters your body, it begins to reproduce.
The many different ways that they can spread include:
- breathing in the germs present in airborne droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs
- coming in contact with the body fluids of an infected person during sexual activity
- indirect contact with these microorganisms when you touched inanimate objects handled by an infected person
- viral infections can also spread through insect bites. Certain germs depend on insects as carriers such as ticks and mosquitoes for moving from host to host
- having virus-contaminated water or food is another way in which viral infection can spread from person to person. Such a mode of transfer enables the virus to spread among a large number of people
I had a kidney transplant 6 years back. Now I am 31 yrs. I am on immunosuppressives medicines. I had 2 miscarriages recently. What are the precautions I should take before next pregnancy?
In modern life, the word stress is not new. Almost everybody is in stress, be it financial, personal or professional. According to Ayurveda, stress is that situation of your mind when it is imbalanced. If you are not under stress, then your mind will be relaxed and stable, and it can perform everyday activity normally. Hence, when you are under stress, Ayurveda has a solution for you to relieve you from stress and lead a normal life.
5 ways through which you can deal with stress with the help of Ayurveda are:
- Take a Bath: Although bathing is your daily habit, yet by bathing you can control your stress levels. When you take a bath, it helps your body to release tension and relax the nervous system. While bathing, you can add 1/3 cup ginger powder to the water. This will increase the healing and relaxation process. You can also take Epsom salt bath as that too will help you to relax and cleanse.
- Practice Oil Pulling: For removing the natural toxins from your mouth and increasing your sense of taste, you can gargle with warm water toasted with coconut and sesame oil. Start by swishing the mixture of oil. You can swish the oil from the front to back, side by side and throughout your teeth for about twenty minutes. After spitting the oil out, you must rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Do Abhyanga: This is an ancient practice of oil massage where you use oils to calm the nervous system and rejuvenate the tissues by lubricating them. With this self-massage of oil, you can promote circulation of blood throughout your body. Abhyanga is a practice of rejuvenating your body through massaging the different parts with organic oil. There are different types of oil in Ayurveda that are used for various purposes.
- Practice Nasya: This is another technique in Ayurveda where medicated oil is applied to the nasal passages. When you practice this, the delicate nasal tissues are soothed and relieve stress. However, pregnant women and menstruating women should not practice Nasya. Every morning apply a few drops of Nasya oil to your nostrils for getting better results.
- Massage Your Feet before Bed: Another way to relax your body from stress is by massaging some oil before sleeping. For this, you may use brahmi oil, bhringaraj oil, or sesame oil. With this practice, you can soothe your body and release the pressure, thus getting relief from stress.
You must try these everyday so that Ayurveda can relieve you from stress. However, do not forget to get to experts if you still find yourself under stress.