Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S P AroraYour feedback matters!
Sunbathing is something we associate with expats from western countries but we should be doing it too or take vitamin D supplements especially around 50 years of age. This is vital for bones. An increased intake of salmon sardines egg yolks and milk may help too but may not be sufficient so supplements come in.
Accordingly people between 19 to 70 years of age need a dosage of 600iu (international unit) a day and above 70 years of age the dosage is 800 iu a day. And upper limit is 4000 iu. Hence go on and get some sunshine and avoid the pills.
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures: Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda:
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda:
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 29 year old, after the pregnancy my wife is not interested in physical relationship. What I do. Pls suggest.
I am married for 3 years. We are planning for an issue. But due to some problem it's not coming. I went to a gynaecologist. He checked and said my vaginal passage is hard. So it seems difficult to penetrate. And because of the tight passage the semen are not going inside. Is there any medicine which I can take for this? And moreover I have cystic ovaries.
What is main reason of imbalance of period and during period lot of on my lever? Please suggest me how I get relief from this pain.
I fell on my back while swinging chair in 2000 (+-1). I had severe pain in my back which subsided in a month. However it never went away completely. I have always remained a bit overweight. Last year I had reduced to 65 kg. I believe I did not experience much pain in that period. However I have regained weight (fat) and lately the pain increased manifolds. Could it be that the pain is because I am overweight by more than 10 kilos or should I consult a doctor. If I consult then would the doctor suggest anything other then the exercise because I know the exercises as I had used them to curb the pain during 2000 period. Thanks.
Stress is a condition in which we feel frustrated, angry or worried and anxious due to circumstances we find ourselves in. Stress also takes the form of different diseases in your body, if it is left untreated.
Even when you are faced with the same situations, it can cause a different stress response in different people. In homeopathy, mental symptoms of the patient are analytically checked. Homeopathy first identifies the root cause, and the treatment approach differs based on this finding. Usually, the understanding of both the psycho and the physiological profile of the patient are combined, with the psychological profile being given more importance.
Here is a list of valid reasons why choosing homeopathy for stress treatment
1. Identifying the cause
Homeopathic medicines are not designed to suppress the symptoms and offer superficial relief. They work towards restoring the vitality of the body as a whole so that the body can itself combat with the diseases. Similar is the case for stress. Homeopathic medications address the underlying issues that cause stress and, therefore, they help you in dealing with your medical condition more effectively and permanently.
2. Symptom-based treatment
Homeopathy recognizes the uniqueness of the various symptoms and responses associated with stress.
For instance: homeopathic medicines for stress, when the cause of stress is grief (eg: losing a dear one) is Ignatia and natrum mur; whereas the medicines for stress, when stress is caused due to 'long and stressful work hours' is kali phos.
3. In-depth research
Homeopathy treatment is based on in-depth research to ascertain the factors that are responsible for your stress and deal with your condition accordingly.
Your brain is just another organ operating on the same biochemical principles as or heart or thyroid or liver. We experience feelings, positive or negative, at the cellular level - scientifically, it is no more than a complex interaction of chemicals and electrical activity.
The approach of homeopathy is more specific and, therefore, more effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.