Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S P AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I want to conceive since one year but still not I'm worried about it. Is this infertility? My reports are normal. One month ago my Dr. suggest me ivf -c 5000 injection after ultrasound report which show two mature follicles. .but now second month start but I'm not pregnant please advise me.
Dear Doctor, It has been 3.6 year to our marriage and we are trying for a baby since last two year and from last eight month we are consulting with Gyno, in our initial test my wife is diagnosed with hypothyroid (TSH Level 5.255) so our doctor prescribed us Thyronorm 12.5 mgc. Again after 3 month we did TSH test and this time TSH level has been decreased to 4.861. Meanwhile she asked us for several test which includes: Semen Analysis, follicular studies and HSG however she never asked for FSG test. Each of these test are normal. After 6 month we again did TSH test and this time TSH level has been increased to 7.442. After that, I have taken consultation from other doctor and she asked us to do AMH and TB Gold test. Here my concern is no one is giving importance to TSH level and asking for different test however as per my research TSH level should be in 1 to 2 range to get pregnant successfully. So, isn't doctor should focus on thyroid treatment before going for other test. It would be very helpful for us if you can provide us your valuable comments on this. Also could you please suggest correct does of Thyronorm.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
Gynaecological problems are all the disorders associated with the female reproductive system. These generally manifest themselves in the reproductive organs situated in the abdominal, pelvic and breast areas of the body. A woman age plays an important role in these cases since the problems are generally associated with hormone changes that take place with ageing.
Such disorders are common and in most cases, arise due to an infection or hormone level fluctuation that usually eases in a few days. Many gynaecological problems are potentially life-threatening and may severely damage fertility, and the chances of procreation. Recognition and early treatment of these problems are thus of utmost importance.
Following are the most common symptoms of gynaecological disorders:
- Vaginal bleeding between periods and during/after sexual intercourse
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or a burning sensation during urination
- Excessive growth of body hair
- Sores, lumps or boils in the genital or breast area
- Severe pelvic pain that differs from menstrual cramps
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Menstrual periods lasting for more than 7 days
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness or soreness in the vaginal area
- Vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or unusual odour, or of an unusual colour
- While vaginal bleeding and discharge are essential parts of the menstrual cycle, if these happen in excess or at unusual times, it becomes symptomatic of a gynaecological disorder.
The signs of gynaecological problems often resemble that of urological ailments and other medical syndromes. Recognising these symptoms and consulting a gynaecologist immediately ensures quick alleviation of the problem.
Ignoring them will lead to several maladies such as:
Vulvodynia - This is the term for disorders of the vulva, whose symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and soreness of the vulva.
Vaginitis - This includes all infections of the vagina, such as herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc. Problems of the vulva also fall into this category.
Organ failure - Pelvic pain is a symptom of dysfunction in one of the organs in the pelvic area - uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, lower intestines, or rectum.
Cancer - In some cases, gynaecological problems refer to various cysts and tumours in the reproductive system, which could develop into cancer.
I want to conceive my periods are fluctuating my last period was on 26th July what is perfect time for conceiving baby ?
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control since last one year. My wife has been pregnant since 2 months n I have been doing sex regularly. please tell me how long we can continue sex without causing any problem to my wife or child n what r d precautions we sud take while doing sex n wen we sud stop doing sex. Any sign or symptoms please update.
I have vaginal infection kind of yeast. Due to this there is an itching problems hence during itching vagina lips swelled a lot. N got bulky. Don't know what to do.
We married before six months but first time Today morning After sex blood of my wife come from her private part. What can be reason of this? Is this symptoms of pregnancy. Or any other reason. Due date of my wife periods is 8 June.
Consuming vegetables in the form of juices will help in taking in more vegetables than what a normal person can eat.
These juices will help in improving the digestive system by providing a soothing and healing effect.
As these juices have high levels of dietary fiber, they will aid in weight loss.
It will help in controlling your hunger pangs and will make you feel fuller.
It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants. This will help in improving your immune system.
These juices will help in improving the pH levels of your body and thereby will help in boosting the energy levels of your body.
These juices will help in controlling cholesterol as it does not have any saturated fats or sodium in it.
Drinking vegetable juices three times a day is said to lessen the chance of a person to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
Sir my age is 18 nd I am girl my problem is related to menses actually my bleeding phase gets prolonged nd it persist for month or so smtime menses become quite irregular I have consulted from local doctor but they r not very clear please suggest me what I should do I have done all types of ultrasound nd what not blood test has become routine work but still nothing doctor said that uterine wall is degraded but I am still not understanding how nd why.
I have a fibroadenoma in my left breast since 22 months as I am lactating mother of 22 month old. How should it be treated.
I'm 25 years old female I have irregular periods on the of march 20 2015 I got sudden pain in S5 /L 4 From that I took ortho tablet so from April I'm getting periods 35 days once now this month its 47 the day till now I dint get my periods kindly tell what should I do?
Hi, My wife had to take an emergency contraceptive pill (levonorgestrel 1.5 mg) within 24 hours after consulting a gynecologist. Now she is having lightheadedness and nausea for the last 5 days in short spells, specially during morning hours and at night. Her periods were due on the 27th December. How to know if the medicine is working and are these symptoms normal side effects?
I am 24 female and 1 month pregnant. I have been going through a lot of problems and the recent one is frequent urination. What to do.
Many heart attack patients are concerned about resuming sexual relations. Some patients worry they are not healthy enough and that sexual activity will put too much strain on the heart or cause another heart attack. Partners of heart attack patients often worry about these issues even more so than the patient. As a result of these concerns, many couples are reluctant to resume sexual activity.
Most patients are safely able to resume sexual relations at some point after a heart attack. The strain on the heart during sexual intercourse is about the same as from walking up two flights of stairs. However, specific recommendations for resuming sexual relations depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the heart attack and the degree of residual heart function. The decision to resume sexual relations should be discussed with a physician.
Some men and women become depressed after a heart attack, which can interfere with sexual drive and performance. In addition, men who are taking beta-blockers may experience erectile dysfunction. Abrupt discontinuation of these medications is dangerous and discontinuation should be discussed with a physician.
A sure-shot way of beating stress and correcting your blood pressure and heart rate is through hugging. Research has found that hugging a person for about 20 seconds releases oxytocin, popularly known as the love hormone, to counter the effects of the stress hormone cortisol.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole.
Here are danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist:
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Abnormal vaginal odour - Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.