Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. S M OjhaYour feedback matters!
I had pain on upper left side of abdomen. After abdomen scanning showed SPLEEN ENLARGED. What is it? Is there medicines to get normal condition?
What is the safe n best medicine for xtra time before having sex and if hve medicine den only don't do foreplay or intercourse does it harm. Answer briefly of both questions.
I am suffering with constant dehydration resulting diarrhea. Body getting overheated repeatedly. Visited a nephrologist, and in tests uric acid levels are bit high and found small renal calculi in both kidneys. Doctor suggested those stones might have been formed due to excess uric acid levels and prescribed febuxostat. When I asked him about continuous dehydration and fatigue, he told me to visit a endocrinologist.
I have clogged nose which flows at times. And I am sneezing frequently. please tell me what should I do?
splitting sperm in womens causes any pregnancy? Or any side effects. Is thier any health problem to split in mouth.
Hi doctor I am pregnant but I am severely suffering from stomach ache and left side of abdomen to backside and I am unable to walk, sit. Please give me response I am waiting its urgent.
I have been diagnosed for urticaria and medicine es allegro 180 plus zyrtec 10 mg twice a day. 15 days onwards it has reduced but still there. Is it a lifelong ailment? Pls prescribe if further medication or enhanced medication is required rgds s. G. Kumar.
Glaucoma is the condition of raised intraocular pressure which cause permanent irrepairable blindness of the eyes. Most often glaucoma is heriditary. Myopes are more prone to get glaucoma.
Glaucoma is mainly of three types: Angle Closure /Acute Glaucoma and Open Angle Glaucoma and Secondary Glaucoma.Open Angle Glaucoma is the commonest and mostly occurs after the age of 35 years. 30 percent of eyes have no symptoms. There may be ocular pain, heaviness of eyes, watering, defective vision or defective night vision etc. Glaucoma can be detected by expert Ophthalmologist.
Recording of Intraocular Pressure, Fundus Examination, Automated Field Test and if necessary OCT test has to be done.
Initially the eye pressure is controlled by drugs and when necessary, microsurgical procedure of Trabeculectomy has to be performed. Surgery can cure glaucoma permanently in 95 % of eyes.NEVER TAKE GLAUCOMA LIGHTLY.
Hepatitis B is a viral infection, resulting in the inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis B is considered to be acute when it lasts up to six months and is tagged as chronic when the timeline exceeds six months. Some of the common symptoms of this disease are dark urine, queasiness, stomach ache, weakness and joint ache. Ayurveda is known to be an effective agent in treating Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B is diagnosed by presence of Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and IgM antibody to Hepatitis B core antigen (anti-HBc IgM) which develop in the serum in the early stages of infection at the time symptoms appear. Antibody to HBsAg (anti-HBs) develops after active infection and serves as an indicator of immunity.
Anti-HBs + - individual has been vaccinated, has received immune globulin, is immune, or is an infant who has received antibodies from his/her mother. Anti-HBc + - indicates past or present infection and lasts indefinitely. May be detected in an infant who has received antibodies from its mother. IgM anti-HBc + - indicates recent infection with HBV, usually within 4-6 months. HBeAg + - indicates active viral replication and high infectivity. HBsAg + HBV - acute or chronic HBV; persistence for 6 months after acute infection indicates progression to chronic HBV.
Treatment for Hepatitis B -
While there is no approved treatment for acute hepatitis B, few herbs which works as anti viral to HBV DNA and few as antioxident and heaptocytes protector from antigen now give the name of herbs you have given Infected individuals should practice safe sex. Avoiding contact with infected blood or other body fluids directly or on objects such as needles, razors, toothbrushes, etc., may reduce the risk of transmission. Sores and rashes should be covered with bandages and blood on any surface should be cleaned up with household bleach.
Listed below are some of the natural herbs that help in fighting Hepatitis B:
- Katuki: The scientific name of the herb is picrorhiza kurroa. Studies have shown that katuki increases gall bladder shrinkage. It helps in digestion by curing liver ailments. It can be consumed every alternate day to fetch fast recovery.
- Kalmegh: This Indian herb is better known as andrographis paniculata in the scientific community. It helps in raising the level of serum and the globulin component of protein.
- Poerhavin diffusa: This is part of the actual plant and is better by the name of Punarnava. It addresses blandness and dyspepsia.
- Tamarix gallica: Owing to its sugary taste, this herb is easily accepted by children. They have a cleansing effect on the intestine and assist in smooth blood flow of a patient suffering from hepatitis B.
- Terminalia chebula: This is also known as Haritaki in the Indian subcontinent and helps in decreasing the level of liver spleen. This herb should be consumed with honey on alternate days.
- Eclipta Alba: This herb is more commonly known as bhringraj. It helps in reviving the liver cells and clears toxins from the body. This herb has a certain rejuvenating effect on patients suffering from hepatitis B.
- Chicory: This is considered to be a miraculous drug, owing to its ability of revitalising the liver and kidney. It cleanses the blood and speeds up the recovery of hepatitis B.
- Solanum indicum: This herb has the ability to counter alkaline phosphate that damages the liver. They also have the capability to renovate the liver cells in a very quick time.
- Capparis spinosa: This herb has the ability to address viral hepatitis. Apart from addressing liver problems, they are also known to be extremely effective in countering anxiety and itching. It suits elderly persons. They can be consumed 2– 3 times a week in the form of an extract.
- Echinacea purpurea: This herb is more commonly known as the echinacia. They have the unique ability of eradicating liver ailments in a short span of time. Apart from being a favourable liver agent, echinacia can bring down swelling of the liver and also safeguard a person from getting the flu. This can be consumed as extract or mixed with fruit juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.