Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S.K.DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am breastfeeding mother of 22 month old daughter. But feeds from left side only for few months as my right side breast produced less milk and nipple is small. Sometimes I have pain in my right breast. Is this a early sign of breast cancer? Please help.
Dear doctors I am pregnant from last 4 and a half month my weight is only 55 kg tell me doctors is it OK or any problem.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi, I am 35 years old male. My wife is 28 years. We got married 5 years ago. One child born. He is 4 years old. But we had a sum family problem. Lost 7 months. So we are saparet living to gather. We don't have any physical contact and phone contact also. She lived in a pg. other place for their b ed education. She say she only comes after his education complete otter 2 years. With out permission she go away from me. With her family support. Also my son in wife's, mothers house. My question is how I control my sexual humblenes. Now a days my mind diverts other girls for sex. My question. Is it possible should she also lived with out sex for 2 years. She not agree to come back. Is it possible for both men and women (coupals) lived with out sex for long periods?
I missed my periods dates nd I checked with prega news also for pregnancy test but it seems negative please let me knw what shld I do? Any test or medication.
Walking during pregnancy is the best cardiovascular exercise. A pregnant women can do it at home or anywhere else. Walking is a great, safe exercise for pregnant women. It’s an ideal way to make sure that you’re getting the exercise you need in pregnancy. Brisk walking works your heart and lungs.
Start with a short, comfortable stroll and gradually increase the duration of the walk.
Once you’ve got into the habit of walking regularly, you can build up to faster, 30-minute walking sessions, four or more times a week.
You can walk for longer than that. Slow down or stop if you feel tired or feel any pain.
Swimming is safe in pregnancy.
Swimming helps to keep you fit, which will make it easier to adapt to pregnancy.
Swimming is a particularly good exercise in pregnancy, as the water helps to support your extra weight.
It’s usually safe for you to swim throughout your pregnancy.
Benefits of swimming:
• improve circulation
• boost heart and lung function
• increase muscle tone and strength
• build endurance
• reduce swelling and fluid retention
• burn calories, which helps to manage weight gain
• promote good sleep.
Yoga in pregnancy
Yoga is a way of life, opt for a beginner’s yoga class that uses a gentle form of yoga.
Wear loose, comfortable, light clothing. Yoga is easier to do if you’re barefoot, so you don’t need any special footwear.
Yoga should be practiced daily. Join regular aerobic exercise too, such as brisk walking or swimming. This will complement your yoga practice and help to develop muscle tone, strength and stamina.
What is pilates?
Pilates makes your body strong, flexible and balanced. It involves a series of movements and positions that help to improve your strength. The movements focus on your tummy, pelvic floor muscles and back muscles, which are all key to good posture, balance and strength. They also help your back and pelvis.
How can pilates help me in pregnancy?
Pilates strengthens your tummy, back and pelvic floor muscles without straining other joints, so it’s a great exercise to do when you’re pregnant. Some research suggests that doing pilates regularly can be as effective as doing pelvic floor exercises.
The main benefit of pilates is that it targets the exact muscles and functions that can be a problem during pregnancy and after birth, in a safe way.
Benefits of pilates:
• strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby.
• reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilize your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
• strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down.
• pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
• takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy.
Aerobic exercise gets your heart beating a little faster, and makes you slightly out of breath.
Doing regular, low-impact aerobic exercise in pregnancy will help you to:
• strengthen your heart and lungs tone your muscles ease pregnancy aches and pains get a better night’s sleep.
• all of this will help you to stay positive and make you better equipped to cope with the demands of pregnancy and birth.
My girlfriend vagina always licking some white liquid. It happens daily and dull day. When she go for urine. Some white liquid was there. So she is very afraid. If some medicine then tell me.
My girlfriend release white liquid. She suffer it badly. Why it is going on and what is her problem. Nd its prevent.
1. Sit straight in your chair with support of lumbar roll, rolled towel or small pillow over low back area.
2.2. Try to sit on the edge of chair so that you do not lean forward. While sitting on edge is comfortable to make your spine erect, form an arch, make your head to drop in front and your shoulders to round.
3. Drop your shoulders and rest them.
4. Arms should be close to your sides with elbows bend at 90 degree position.
5. Head should be stretch towards the ceiling.
6. Chin tuck in.
7. Upper back should be straight by rolling shoulders backwards along with tummy tuck in.
8. Neck in comfortable straight position.
9. The height of the table should be adjusted in a way so that it should not be too high or too low in the level of eyes so that neck should not bend up or down.
10. Knees should be in 90 degree flexion so that they are on level with your hips.
11. Feet should be place flat on the floor. Make sure it should make a level with knee and hip position. If knee or leg pains then you can also keep small stool or footstool or other support to rest your foot on it.
Hi doctor. I am 6 weeks pregnant. And from last 4 to 5 days I am having light blood spots after waking up . And day long 2to 3 times. I have gone through scanning but my gynaecologist said at this early stage she can't say any thing. I am not even having cramps or pain. Please tell me what should I do.
Hallo doctor. I would like to know. Is it possible to get pregnant in the first try after 2 weeks of Ovulation.
I have 2 months of pregnancy and I have to do abortion of my pregnancy please give me a suggestion and I have not yet married.
Hv any health benefits to sallow women vaginal juice. Wht r the benefits. Hv Dr. any minerals. If she has no infection any. please say.
Hi , I am 25 year old, I am married, I feel pain in my private part during sex with my husband. We have complete 7 month of marriage. I am not pregnant. Please solve my problem.
1. It’s antimicrobial!
Storing contaminated water in copper for up to 16 hours at room temperature considerably reduces the presence of the harmful microbes, so much that the researchers inferred that “copper holds promise as a point-of-use solution for microbial purification of drinking-water.
An additional study from university of south carolina researchers explored the purifying power of copper, finding that “antimicrobial copper surfaces in intensive care units (icu) kill 97% of bacteria that can cause hospital-acquired infections,” resulting in a 40% reduction in the risk of acquiring an infection. The research was done in a hospital icu. The research found that the rooms with copper-surfaced objects had less than half the infection incidence than those rooms without copper.
2. It’s a great brain stimulant.
Our brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another through an area known as the synapses. These neurons are covered by a sheath called the myelin sheath that acts like a sort of conductive agent – helping the flow of impulses. How does copper figure here you ask? well, copper actually helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the formation of these myelin sheaths. Thereby, making your brain work much faster and more efficiently. Apart from that copper is also known to have anti-convulsive properties (prevents seizures).
3. It aids in weight loss.
If diet just doesn’t seem to be helping you lose weight, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel on a regular basis. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently.
4. It slows down aging.
If you are worried about the appearance of fine lines, copper is your natural remedy! packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights off free radicals – one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines – and helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
5. Copper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints. In addition to that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
6. It can fight off cancer.
Copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer. According to the american cancer society the exact mechanism of how copper helps prevent the onset of cancer is still not known but some studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
I am 26 yes old girl. I have problem with sexuality. I don't feel any feeling during sex. Even my partner touch my private parts. We never enjoyed sex. However my boyfriend touch my private parts many times. But I don't feel that feeling up to the mark. However I feel good when he kiss me. But it not upto the sex enjoying level. My period is normal. Kindly suggest do I have any problem.
Collagen a structural protein in animals is a quick healer of wounds. The collagen of cows or pigs carries a risk of transmitting foot and mouth disease. At donghua university in shanghai has found an alternate collagen. Conducted on rats, the study found their wounds healed faster using nano fibres from the collagen found in tilapia fish than those rats that didn't have collagen dressing with no adverse reaction to it