Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S GreeshYour feedback matters!
I have to much dark circles not only under the eye but also on upper side of eye please hlp me to reduce them I used to sleep 11 hours in a day but they are not reducing. I'm of 17 years.
I have black dots on face which has come after removal of pimples. What can I do ti remove that. I have oily skin.
Hi im 20 years old boy weight 57 kg height 5'6 im suffering from dark patches on my face since past years when ever I do trimmer its shows much clear and my face starts looking more ugly I do steaming and scrub to. Im just doing to overcome of that im fed up with pimple, pores,black spots, dark circle I tried allopathy many time but no such good result please give me good advice how to over come of that I need my clean face and glowy My skin colr is: light brown mostly dry face My hand and arms are mostly black due to expose to sun please give me good solution to overcome im fed up please help me! Thank you.
See a Dermatologist/Family Physician for a diagnosis.
Your doctor conducting a physical examination, the doctor will also ask you a series of questions about your lifestyle to help figure out what's going on. The dermatologist will advise the best course of action for treating your existing dark spots and preventing more from showing up.
Since hyperpigmentation is a common condition for which many people seek treatment, there are a lot of products and treatments on the market promising to make the dark spots go away, fast. Seeing a Doctor will help you sort through what ingredients work and which ones don't.
Some of the best treatments for dark spots are available by prescription only, which is another good reason to see a doctor for further treatment.
Finally, it's important to rule out melanoma or another type of skin cancer as the potential culprit behind one or more of your dark spots. Getting a regular full-body examination every year is an important way to catch skin cancer before it advances.
Start with manual exfoliation. If you've only had the dark spots for a month or two, they may be contained within the top few layers of your skin. You might be able to get rid of them by simply exfoliating your face. Exfoliation is the process of removing the top layer of skin, bringing new skin to the surface.
Find an exfoliating cleanser that contains tiny particles that gently scrub the skin to take off the top layer. You can also make your own by mixing ground raw almonds or ground oatmeal into your regular cleanser(See the Above tips). Apply it to the dark spots in a circular motion.
Electric exfoliators such as the clarisonic dig a little deeper than your standard exfoliating cleanser. They work by gently scraping the dead skin cells from your face. You can find them online or in drugstores.
Try a topical acid treatment. These are available both by prescription and over the counter. They contain alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids or retinoids. The application of these different acids removes the top layer of dead skin cells, allowing fresh cells to grow so that the skin is rejuvenated. These treatments are used to treat hyperpigmentation of all types.
Alpha-hydroxy acids include glycolic acid, mandelic acid, citric acid, lactic acid and others. These acids are often derived from produce and other food products. They exfoliate the skin effectively, but are gentle enough for people with sensitive skin. Alpha-hydroxy acids can be found in serums, creams, moisturizers and peels.
Beta-hydroxy acid is also known as salicylic acid. It's a common ingredient in over-the-counter acne medications and skin treatments. Salicylic acid can be applied in a cream, serum, cleanser or peel.
Retinoic acid is also known as tretinoin, or Retin-A. Retinoic acid is a form of Vitamin A. It's a very effective treatment for acne and dark spots. It is available in creams and gels, only by prescription in the United States.
If you're looking for an over-the-counter product, try to find one that contains a combination of these ingredients: hydroquinone, cucumber, soy, kojic acid, calcium, azelaic acid, or arbutin.
Consider a chemical peel. If surface treatments don't sufficiently fade your dark spots, you might consider a Chemical peel. Chemical peels literally remove the top layers of your skin. They often contain the acids describe above in high concentrations. They are classified by three levels of strength: light, medium and deep.
Light chemical peels usually include alpha-hydroxy acids. Glycolic acid and lactic acid are common ingredients. They're considered the most effective peels for dark spots.
Medium chemical peels include TCA, or trichloroacetic acid. Many recommend this peel for dark spots due to sun damage. For best results, it is usually repeated every two weeks until the spots have sufficiently faded. These peels are generally not recommended for people with darker complexions as they can cause more dark spots to appear after the skin has healed.
Deep chemical peels contain phenol, or carbolic acid, as their active ingredient. They are often used for deep wrinkles, but also for correcting severe sun damage. Phenol peels are very strong, and are administered under anesthesia. It may take several months for results to show as the skin heals.
Try microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is a procedure that uses very fine crystals to "sandblast" the dark spots off your skin. A new, fresh layer of skin grows in place of the skin that was removed. Treatments are usually done once a month over several months.
Find an experienced practitioner. Abrading the skin can cause irritation, making the discoloration worse. If someone does it wrong, you might end up very disappointed with the results.
Microdermabrasion should not be done too often, since your skin needs time to heal between treatments.
Look into laser treatment. Laser treatment, also called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy, uses quick pulses of light to destroy dark-spot causing melanin. The pigmented areas absorb the light and shatter or vaporize. Your body heals the spot by forming a scab and growing new, fresh, unpigmented skin in its place. Laser treatment is highly effective, but expensive, and can be painful.
Laser treatment is usually the best option when the spots have been there for a long time. Dark spots you've had for a year or longer are deep within the skin, and topical treatments won't be able to reach them.
If you have very light skin, 4 or 5 laser treatments may be needed before the spots are completely gone.
What if I have a lump in breast and getting pain sometimes and feeling itching around breast. Is it a symptom of breast cancer or it may indicate that I may get breast cancer.
Hi sir /madam My age 29. My face colour is becoming black and my body color is white. How change my face colour to my body color.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. Thilemon juices inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the four Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice with honey, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My daughter is 4 years old hr complexion is dark please suggest some thing to make her color complexion light ?
I have acne scar on my face, so whats best medicine or solution to get rid of that and even my pores on face are visible, and its quite big big pores. Please help me.
I have problems in my rectum, irritated by piles from last one year and have a fistula for nearly 2 years. I am using homeopathic medicines from last one year. I like to make it clear trough surgery. please give me suggestions.
Hi, I epilate my legs and hands after epilating small rashes will appear and those become pimples with itching, after that dark spots on hands and legs what to do please help me really it looks ackward with dark spots and pimples on hands and legs. Thank you. I need ointment name or any natural remedies.
I want to take medicine to dry the breast milk. Dr. suggests cbline. Now should I release some milk if breast get engorge? If yes how much and how many times a day. And if I lead to non release then does it have chances of mastitis?
Hello . My face is very dirty with dark face . And my face is black . I need a superior face. So what can I do.
My skin is becoming darker day by day itself. How to get fairer skin. I think my skin cells are damaging. So how to recover those dead cells?
The permanency of tattoos or being inked has reduced somewhat after the widespread use of laser tattoo removal. It has become a common trend among people to take off the ink which once was put in to be a permanent part of their existence. Although the success rate of the tattoo removal is quite high, there are certain inherent risks of undergoing a laser tattoo removal procedure.
Let's take a look at some of the risks:
- Risk of infection: The process of tattoo removal may pose a risk of infection like any other procedure performed on the human body. However, infections occur in rare cases and only if proper method is not followed or the patient doesn't adhere to post-procedural prohibitions.
- Chances of a scar: Although the colors within the tattoo may be removed, the outline of the tattoo may stay depending on how deep the punctures on the skin were, where the tattoo was put into place. This may also happen due to the type of paint used as it may also result in a permanent pigment removal in the localized area of the tattoo on the skin.
- Hypopigmentation and Hyperpigmentation: After the removal of the tattoo, the skin and the body may react in a certain manner within certain individuals and thus result in problems with skin pigmentation. In certain cases, the color of the skin in the affected area may become paler than the rest of the surrounding skin which is known as hypopigmentation. In others, it may even become darker which is known as hyperpigmentation.
- Side effects: If the patient already has certain pre-existing conditions then the procedure may have certain side effects. One example of this is a delay in the healing process in case the patient has diabetes.
However, laser tattoo removal has been improving over the past few years as a procedure and has come to a point where it is very safe. What might vary from patient to patient is the effectiveness of the removal of the colors within the tattoo, depending on the types of colors that were used.