Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.G KelkarYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/mam I have nail scratches in my chick and it's looking very bad and when I was 7 /8 year old me and my sister fight for toys and then she catch my chick and scrap it but this scratches not disappear so what I do please consult me something.
I am 24 year old boy and I have a lot of acne on my face & it cause scars on my face & some blackheads on my nose. It's feel depressing. Tried lot of things but no improvements. I want a proper medication with a perfect doctor who could help me. Please help me.
I have severe cracks on my feet .It looks v dirty n a lot of pain due to cracks. My hands too r v rough. Suggest some home remedies for cracks .Wat diet is needed.
Suggest me gud Anti Tan removal face wash or cream. please Because day by day my face becoming TAN. please help me with gud suggestions.
Hi mere face par kafii pasinna aata hai iski wajah see face chipchipa or daane bhji ho jate hai, face gandaa bhi lagtaa hai iskii wajah see ac mai bhi naak ke paas pasinaa aata rehta hai.
My wife's lower lip is a bit unshaped.I wanted to get it shaped.What is the treatment for lip shaping, how much time it takes & what is the cost of treatment? Is there any side effect?
I am 20 years old boy. I use the skinlite cream on face without doctors prescription and when I stopped usage of this cream cause fadeout on my face and when I get sunrays on my face then my face getting very black. What will I do for getting my skin colour back?
Hello sir I want treatment my leukoderma problem. Some patches on my skin. I want to remove it from my skin please suggest me best treatment.
Hye doctor am using last one year good body lotions present its not good for me my skin is very dry what is the solution for it can you tell me the good lotion.
I want to be fair naturally what should I do ? I have tried many creams n face wash but no effect ? please suggest me.
My lips are getting blackish nd chapped from recent days sir please help me in getting pinkish and soft lips even though I apply honey at night times and drinking much water.
I have black colour below my eyes for years. what's the reason for not sleeping well? Please help me.
My skin of face falls very black and dull after some time. When I wash my face it looks good but after some time it falls very black and looks dirty. please help me.
An overproduction of oil, combined with dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells or residual make-up, usually lead up to clogged up pores, that appear black in colour, to show up on your skin. These are called blackheads. Though treating blackheads is not that difficult, it is always better to prevent them.
Here are some tips to prevent blackheads:
- The basic thing you can do to keep blackheads away is to wash your face regularly. It is important to keep your face clean, to prevent oil and dirt build-up, which clogs pores and lead to blackheads.
- Use gentle cleansers that contain salicylic acid.
- Never wash your face with hot water; use lukewarm water instead.
- If you have oily skin, use oil-free cleansers. If you have dry skin, use cream or glycerine-based cleansers.
- Avoid bar soaps since they tend to clog pores.
- Washing your face is important, but make sure not to over-wash. Washing your face frequently will irritate skin, strip it off its natural oils and cause more breakouts. Washing your face two-times in a day is sufficient.
- Always remove your make-up before you go to bed. Cosmetic products or make-up, if left on skin for too long, can lead to clogged pores.
- Use gentle make-up remover or cleanser to remove make-up.
- Keep your make-up brushes or cosmetic sponges clean to prevent bacteria that can cause clogged pores.
- If you lead a very active lifestyle, always shower after laborious activities. Sweating generally leads to an overload of bacteria, which ends up causing blackheads.
- After washing your face, don’t forget to apply moisturiser. Sufficiently hydrated skin actually helps keep blackheads at bay. Always use a moisturiser meant for your skin types. For example, if you have oily skin, don’t go for heavy creams; choose oil-free lightweight creams instead.
- Since excessive dead skin cells are also a cause of blackheads, it is imperative to exfoliate regularly. Gently exfoliate your skin to remove bacteria and dead skin cells to prevent blackheads.
- Exfoliating will prevent blackheads, so if you already have blackheads, simply exfoliating won’t do.
- Choose gentle exfoliators as harsh scrubs can irritate your skin.
- Having oily skin means your battle with blackheads is never-ending. The best way to combat blackheads, is to use products that absorb extra oil.
- Weekly clay masks, counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatments can be extremely beneficial.
- Lastly, if you do think you see a blackhead on your nose, don’t touch it! Touching or picking it will only spread bacteria and oil, causing more blackheads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.