Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I have a red rashes in my both legs, I have been consulted with many doctors, But result remain same.
My lips are cracked and pus weeping out of it. What is the reason of it? And I am taking herbalife products shake, vitamins tablets, energy drink and cell you lose tablets.
My age is 20 years recently I had a infection on my left hand at small gap now this is spread all over my hand please give me a solution to avoid this problem. Thank you sir/madam.
I have a oily skin,, I wake up with 2-3 pimples on/around my nose most mornings. My question is, is there anything I can do about the amount of puss in the pores of my nose? I could sit around for hours, just squeezing my nose, and getting the white pimple like puss to squirt out. Sometimes I actually do this and it will help for a week or so, then my pores just fill back up again. I'm not a big fan of doing this though, as it really makes my nose sore from all the squeezing. Now because of squeezing I have got dark spots on my nose, is there any medicine to reduce black spots. Anyone have any suggestions, or is this just something I have to deal with.
My bought is dat. Can I apply almond hair oil to face. With mixture of some more ingredients. Is hair oil effects face. To removal of sun tan my suggested me dis. If not tell me how to rid from sun tan.
Sir, suggest some medicine (tablet/capsule and cream) for the cure of holes formed by pimples on face and fairness of face.
Sir, I am 45 years old ,my all face are pigmentation already I saw a 6 doctors but same. So what will we du.
Hello sir, in my forehead some black shadow it seems very darkest but my all face like chick and nose skin and also hand and leg is not dark so what I do? Because it look very terrible.
Dear Sir, I am 28 Year old, I am extremely feeling thirsty always, there is always dryness in the throat even after drinking water especially after 1 hour having food. There is always tiredness, fatigue, and dryness of mouth, congestion and dryness in eyes, and dryness of face skin. Always feeling sleepy. My blood sugar was normal. Al.
I have marks on my face which I got when I was suffering from chickenpox. So how to reduce those marks.
Want to make facial from home remedies So that I can make my face glowing. Plzz tell me how much time I can apply and when And the process of making facial.
What spf is best for me. I am very fair and I live in manglore and have good exposure to sun. I do not want get tanned. My skin type is normal. Please suggest ways to avoid tan plus remove existing natural tan.
Dear sir, I have black spot as well as pimples in my back side and I used scar removal creams but I have no solution of my problem. What should I do?
Acne vulgaris is a skin disease that causes pimples. It begins in the skin’s oil glands.
Oil travels onto the surface of the skin via a canal called the hair follicle. Pimples pop up when the hair, oil and cells in the follicle form a plug, which clogs the pore. This allows for the bacteria that normally live on the skin to grow and multiply in the clogged pore and when your body’s defense system attacks these bacteria, the area gets inflamed resulting in an unsightly pimple.
Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders and just about anyone can get these zits. No one knows exactly what causes acne in adults. Contrary to what you may have heard, pimples are not caused by dirty skin, but dirt may aggravate acne and so does stress.
Types of acne
Acne can be two types:
- White heads - If the clogged follicle stays beneath the skin and you get a whitish zit, it’s called a white head.
- Black heads - If the plugged follicle reaches the skin surface, you get a blackish bump called a black head. The blackness is because the sebum or oil darkens on the skin’s surface due to exposure to air.
Who is susceptible?
- Anyone can get pimples, but people who are undergoing hormonal changes like adolescents and pregnant women are more susceptible. An increase in levels of certain hormones during puberty can cause the skin oil cells to enlarge and make more oil.
- Adult women become predisposed when they stop taking the contraceptive pill or begin taking it, as this causes a hormonal see-saw too.
- Studies suggest that you can also inherit a tendency to have acne. So genes play a role.
- Certain drugs can cause acne.
- Oily cosmetics can clog pores, leading to acne.
Prevention of Acne
There is no sure way to prevent acne, but try these measures to prevent severe breakouts –
- Wash your face often if you have oily skin.
- Try oil-free cosmetics. Choose products labeled ‘noncomedogenic’, which do not promote the formation of closed pores.
- Always wash after exercising because sweat can clog your skin pores and make your existing acne worse.
- Remember to wash your face and other areas prone to acne as soon as possible, especially after cooking hot, greasy food.
- If you use stuff like hair sprays or styling gels, make sure that you keep them away from your face as much as possible as these products contain oils that can make acne worse. Always try to use water-based products if you are prone to acne.
- If you get acne on your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes as these can rub against the acne and cause irritation.
- Never try to pop or squeeze a zit as this can push infected skin and pus deeper into your skin, which can lead to more swelling and redness.
- Wash hair often if you have an oily or dandruff-prone scalp.
Treatment of acne
- It usually takes time to find a product that works for your skin. Over-the-counter (OTC) products come in different strengths. The ingredient that works for most people is benzoyl peroxide. Another ingredient, salicylic acid, is also very effective as it helps to dry up pimples.
- It's best to seek a dermatologist's advice if you find OTC products aren't working for you. He or she will prescribe special gels, creams or pills to fight stubborn acne.