Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
She is suffering with melasma, after third delivery it is affected to her, looking very ugly on face, kindly suggest the cream.
I have pimple marks on my cheeks and forehead. What should I do to have a fair skin? Pls suggest something.
I'm getting pimples now a days and before the pimples appears there remains whiteheads. When pus comes out from the pimples there's a solid white bud that comes out.
Hi, I got a lump at my right side of neck. After three months it squeezed out. There is wound at that place. How to treat that.
I am getting lot of skin problems. What may be the reason. Skin problems like allergies and pimples. What I have to eat to rid from those skin problems. Please let me know.
Hello sir, after pregnancy & pregnancy time on my face & forhead black spot appears & after 4 years they not gone please advice for this treatment & healty face
I am 22 years old male having very dark circles around my eyes and skin is getting deeper. My mother also has this same problem. These circles makes my confidence down. Please suggest me measures. Thanx in advance doctor.
6 Mistakes in Self-Treating Acne
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
1. Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
2. The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
3. Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
4. Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
5. Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
6. Many well wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.
My friends father have prostate problem from last 9 month and he also suffering from asthma. Can it become cancer, if yes then how much time it taken.
I am suffering from painless anal fissure from last ten days, stools smoothly pass from anus but the fissure is there. What should I do to get relieve from fissure. Please advise.
Hi I am having a skin outgrowth in my but hole area it does not bleeds nor hurts but I get itchy feeling there.
My wrist joint are swelled when I fell down n my wrist portion has gone black what should I do.Please tell.
I have a black spot on my leg which now days spreading. Here is not a facility of picture upload so I can't show u.
Hi An having enlarged prostate snd am taking Urimax F kindly suggest is it curable and wot best medicines should I add to it Rgds.
I got married in November. After my marriage my periods was normal. But since February I am not having proper periods. It's like spotting for two days only. My husband is not in india since Feb. Firstly I thought I am pregnant but I was not. So what should I do for regular and proper periods.
Tip 1:- Take ½ teaspoon of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of tomato juice. Mix to form a paste and apply carefully, leave for 20 minutes. Wipe with a cotton ball soaked in water and pat dry.
Tip 2:- Grate ½ a cup of cucumber and extract juice. Soak cotton wool pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 20 minutes.
Tip 3:- Grate a cup of raw potato and extract the juice, dip cotton pads and place on eyes for 20 minutes.
Tip 4:- Soak 2-3 almonds overnight, grind into a smooth paste, apply this paste on the under eye areas and leave for 30 minutes. Wash gently. Do this regularly for 3 months.
Tip 5:- Massage the area with almond oil; do this twice a day for at least 3 weeks. You can also use Vitamin E oil.
Tip 6:- Make a paste with fresh mint leaves, apply and leave for 20 minutes. Wash.
Tip 7:- Drink plenty of water and sleep for 7 – 8 hours.
Tip 8:- Drink a glass of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.