Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My mri report says have a 8cm x 5cm dermoid cyst in my right ovary, pod region. Right fallopian tube is mildly dilated. Left hydropinx. Intramural fibroid in uterocervical junction. Wt are the best possible solutions of these without surgery. And also what these problems mean in simple terms.
I am 39 years old, and me and my wife planning for a baby for last 8 months, but suddenly since april first week there is no erection at all while doing intercourse, I quit smoking for last 8 months also did not drink alcohol, and going for jogging regularly and doing some exercise, but really do not know what to do, please advise.
Hi I'm 28 year old young unmarried girl the problem is I never get seduced easily if someone tried a lot. My part is being dry for a long time. Why so? He told me that I have some problem that I am not able to feel. Whether the reality is I like to cuddled with him but don't like to see or get into him. Means never feel to take intercourse after every thing. What is it?
Dissociation identity disorder (did), previously known as multiple personality disorder (mpd) is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately show in a person's behavior, accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.
Let me explain this in a simple way.
Example 1- lets say there is Mr. X and Mr. Y. Mr. X is very impressed by the personality of Mr. Y. So he starts liking him. He also tries to sepnd more time with him. He may with time start copying him or seek his help. This problem become so severe that after some time, in a flash Mr. X wakes up and become a copy of Mr. Y. However Mr. X cannot forget that he is actually Mr. X and not Mr. Y. Thus, Mr. X has developed a split personality where he and Mr. Y co exist. This may with time lead to further mental health deterioration such as depression, loss of memory, personality changes, mania, psychosis, antisocial behavior and above all a loss of control and insight in ones life.
Example 2- Mr. X may not be impressed with Mr. Y. But here it's the reverse. Mr. Y is impressed by Mr. X and wants to be a part of Mr. X s personality. He forces himself on Mr. X until he becomes a part of Mr. X. Therefore Mr. Y has been successful in forcing himself on Mr. X although Mr. X wanted to distance himself form Mr. Y but could not due to various reasons.
Example 3- this problem does not need to be confined to just 2 people. Any number of people can force themselves on Mr. X depending on his plotters and schemers. Therefore Mr. X loses his mental health and his personality becomes broken into several pieces which have been thrust on him.
Some people tend to do this voluntarily because of the fact that they like Mr. Y possessions but in most cases people are victimized into this as they are struggling to make ends meet in their lives. The result is agony, despair, loss of self control. An annihilating world and an end full of shame and contempt because of loss of control depending on how erroneous Mr. Y and his associated are.
Many marriages have been broken because of their spouses developing mpd. Spouses who were happy with each other, suddenly turn hostile and throw them out of their lives because they are now possessed with Mr. Y s who are interested in other spouses than their own. Many children also loose their parents love and care because their parents are no longer interested in them and they desert them or send them to boarding schools.
This disease is a social evil and a menace to a justful society. But the stress on taking precaution lies with us.
People diagnosed with did often report that they have experienced severe physical and sexual abuse, especially during early to mid-childhood, and others report an early loss, serious medical illness or other traumatic event. They also report more historical psychological trauma than those diagnosed with any other mental illness. Severe sexual, physical, or psychological trauma in childhood has been proposed as an explanation for its development; awareness, memories and emotions of harmful actions or events caused by the trauma are removed from consciousness, and alternate personalities or sub-personalities form with differing memories, emotions and behavior.
As of 2011, approximately 250 cases of did in children have been identified,
Problems with diagnosis
People with did are diagnosed with five to seven comorbid disorders on average much higher than other mental illnesses. Due to overlapping symptoms, differential diagnosis includes schizophrenia, normal and rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, epilepsy, borderline personality disorder, and asperger syndrome. Delusions or auditory hallucinations can be mistaken for speech by other personalities. Persistence and consistency of identities and behavior, amnesia, measures of dissociation or hypnotizability and reports from family members or other associates indicating a history of such changes can help distinguish did from other conditions. A diagnosis of did takes precedence over any other dissociation disorders.
Common treatment methods include an eclectic mix of psychotherapy techniques, including cognitive behavioral therapy hypnotherapy and medications can be used for comorbid disorders and/or targeted symptom relief. Some behavior therapists initially use behavioral treatments such as only responding to a single identity, and then use more traditional therapy once a consistent response is established. Brief treatment due to managed care may be difficult, as individuals diagnosed with did may have unusual difficulties in trusting a therapist and take a prolonged period to form a comfortable therapeutic alliance. Regular contact (weekly or biweekly) is more common, and treatment generally lasts years not weeks or months. Sleep hygiene has been suggested as a treatment option,
Individuals diagnosed with did may accuse others of abuse but lack objective evidence and base their accusations solely on regular or recovered memories. There are questions regarding the civil and political rights of alters, particularly which alter can legally represent the person, sign a contract or vote. Finally, individuals diagnosed with did who are accused of crimes may deny culpability due to the crime being committed by a different identity state.
I have delay periods and also less amount of bleeding during periods without pain if some drops of bleeding evening then next is happen on next day afternoon what is reason for this? I had more pain during periods but this is first time. What are the solution to correct my period s?
My sister is 25 years old. And her weight is 40 kg. She want to gain her weight. Can you give me some solution for her problem.
Hi, i' m 22 yrs old I have a irregular periods problem. Do not know how to cure and am a working women.
What crying does to your body
Do you know that every little activity that you perform on a daily basis impacts your body? what you eat, how long you sleep and even every tear you shed affects your body. Most people are aware of how their body reacts to major activities, like exercising, but few are aware of how the body reacts when they cry.
While you are generally concerned with the mental cause and effect of crying, have you thought about what crying does to you physically? tears are not always shed when a person is upset. Tears are a body's way of expressing itself as well as protecting itself. Everything from a happy ending in a movie to a dust particle in the eye can make you tear up.
There are essentially three kinds of tears. Basal tears and reflective tears help keep the eyes lubricated and irritant free respectively. It is the psych tears, which we commonly refer to as crying, that come as emotional responses.
Crying might be a sign of emotional stress and pain but if you are wondering how it harms your body, the answer is that it does not. Crying does not harm one's body physically. In fact it does better than harm to your body, purely physically speaking. Here's how-
- when you cry, your tears help your eyes remain clear.
- it also has anti-bacterial properties that keep your eyes clean.
- your eyes remain properly hydrated thus reducing any kind of irritation. You might feel dehydrated after a while due to the loss of water and salt.
- even the excess manganese in your body gets washed out through tears.
But for some, the act of crying can cause medical complications. It can lead to fits or can cause an acute shortness of breath. For those with severe heart conditions, there can be a cardiac pain. Crying can take a toll on your body if you have certain medical conditions. For most people crying does more good for their body than harm.
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it. Some of them are:
- Eclampsia with liver infraction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infraction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are:
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are resuscitated or replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
I am 25 years young man. My marriage in dec 2015. I sex with my wife without condom & I don't child at 2 or 3 years. Both are enjoy sex. I sex with my wife without condom. So, how to avoid pregnancy & don't use condom?
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
3. Other common symptoms include lumpy formations, wedges, burning sensation especially during breast feeding.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body:
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver secretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below:
- Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
- If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
- Narrowing of the bile ducts
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Bile duct tumors
- Tumors in the pancreas
- Various infections such as hepatitis
- Liver complications such as cirrhosis
- Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are:
- You may experience yellowish skin
- You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
- Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
- Stools may be light colored
- You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.