Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I want a fair skin my skin type is oily and there are so many pores on my face due to previous pimples and also have dark spots. Plzz suggest me proper face wash and face cream and shurb. I use skin lite cream at night but whenever I leave it applying on my face my skin get so much dark and tanned I looked so much ugly I want a fair and glowing skin plzz suggest me fast.
My skin complexion is dark but during my childhood it was too fair till I was 14 .can I get the same complexion back I used to play in sunlight very much thus it became dark.
My completion is not very fair bt I wnt to look fair den pl suggest me how dis is possible for me n wat is d solution for fair skin.
Hello doctor I am jatin my problem was very normal but I fell very guilty to seen own face in the mirror in the my lost of scar and dane.
Problem no 1: I am getting white pigmentation in 3 parts of my body and problem no 2: facing bad breath from past one year, now it's become so serious that I stopped talking to anyone standing close by or facing them directly. please advise.
A skin rash can be unattractive, agonising, painful and can bring about a huge number of different side effects. Here are seven incredible cures from homeopathy to take the rash away. One needs to make sure that every homeopathic medicine needs to be taken only after prescriptions by a doctor. Every cure is joined by a description of the side effects that show its use.
- Apis Mellifica: This is great to treat the rashes that itch, burn and sting, particularly in hot weather. It is an extraordinary solution for reactions that are allergic and where puffy swelling shows up with redness. Blisters, swelling and the redness will be visible. It commonly targets your face and eye zone. You will feel some relief when cold water or ice is applied to it.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This cure originates from poison ivy, and it treats skin rashes that are caused by the same plant. It treats excessive itching, tickling, burning, prickling, blisters that cause red skin, and those blisters that contain liquid. Applying heat brings help and are usually worse during the night.
- Sulfur: This is a good remedy for rashes that are itchy and burn a lot. You feel better when something icy or cold is applied to the area. Your skin is dull, dry and peeling with sores and liquid filled blisters that are inside a patch of dull red skin. It might affect the left half of the body more frequently than the right, particularly at the folds of the skin.
- Urtica Urens: This is just like Apis as mentioned above. You will have huge red patches of skin that sting severely. You might feel like needles are piercing your skin. This medicine helps you get relief from that.
- Graphites and Natrum Mur: These are extremely well known homeopathic medications for itching connected with skin inflammation. For using Homeopathic medication Natrum Mur, the individual must have dermatitis or eczema with dry emissions or rawness of skin because of brutal itching.
- Sepia: This cure is useful for a rash with blisters and sores on skin that has turned yellow or chestnut. In the beginning, the blisters will be dry, and will continuously get wet and release a fluid. It frequently affects the joints, the area behind your ears, your knees, and your lower legs. The symptoms decline in the late evening, and during cold climate. Sepia is a decent solution for psoriasis.
- Mercurius Vivus: This is great for rashes brought on by poison ivy and bacterial diseases. It will be very moist and have an odd smell. The rash will spread outward from the spot where it starts and will include raised bumps filled with pus. You may sweat a lot, and experience a lot of itching, particularly during the evening.
- Arsenic Album: It is one of the promising cures for itching from psoriasis. Where the side effects include psoriatic injuries alongside serious tingling, Arsenic Album is a standout amongst the most effective homeopathic prescriptions for itching to treat the condition. These sores are dry, harsh and with abundant scales. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
How I remove my face pigmentation and dark circles and scars? Coz use so many mdcnes but no positive effects on my face.
I am 24 year student I have pimples in face and black coloured face I want coloured without pimple face, which soap and cream I can use, no side effects affected.
Hi I had acne before and had used lots of product before now my acne is very little but I have acne scarring and little bit acne I have combination skin. So I needed to know which facewash I should use to keep my skin good and facewash should now cause my skin peeling and irritation or redness tell me that type of facewash. And as a moisturizer I use sarna lotion and for washing face I was using johnson baby soap.
I am 15 years old and my skin is so dull in morning when I wake up and after some time I go to take bath and wash my face with" NIVEA MEN DARK SPOT REDUCTION" face wash because my in my face dark spots are also there after that my face looks like I have woke up from bed what to do with this problem please help it looks too odd.
Im 31 years old. Im following skin care routine daily then also pigmentation is coming on my face. Kindly suggest me how to get rid of pigmentation?
I am a 24 years old south asian male with a light skin complexion and I have a very oily skin and the weather of my city is also very hot, humid and polluted. I have serious trouble with my acne since I was a teenager. Once I did a course of isotretinoin for 4 months when I was 20, it cleared up my acne 90% I was so happy but once I stopped using it I got my acne back but I did not use again as it gave me side effects then I controlled my acne by using some herbal skin medicines for skin support which contain burdock root and other plant extracts. Now the only problem is with my forehead my face is all cleared up but the pimples on my forehead keep on coming. I recently visited a doctor who prescribed me with some cream with adapalene, macrobac 500 mg and a facewash, it was effective for the first month but then it stopped working I got more pimples on my forehead then I revisited him, this time he gave me acdermin gel (clyndamycin phosphate + isotretinoin) gel, in just 2 days my face became unrecognizable and my forehead suddenly got may pimples overnight. Then I went to another skin specialist he prescribed me a cream which again contains adapalene and an antibiotic (doxycyclin), I just used it for 1 day yet together with a tea tree oil facewash. Now I am so worried doctor I am a working guy, I have lost my confidence due to my appearance. I try to avoid facing people. Please doctor I need serious help.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age.
Some causes that make your skin prone to acne are:
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne, especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Misc factors: Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
- Medication: Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition. Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anti convulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
How to get fair skin. People around me are making fun of me and teasing me about my color. I m getting depressed by their words. Please help me.
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.