Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rupali WartlyYour feedback matters!
Hi, i' m 31 year old female, i' m in 6th week pregnancy, since 4 days i' m getting abdominal pain and little bleeding but it will be only during morning time. I' m taking lupigest 200mg daily twice and my dr has given sustain injection and she told me to wait for 1 more week and then get ultrasound scan through that I can get confirmed and she told me to take complete bed rest. Since i' m bleeding i' m scared. Can u please tell me what I should do?
Cycling efficiently exercises the hips and legs the largest muscle group of the body helping reduce weight in those areas. Additionally aerobic activities are said to be great mood enhancers. It is ideal for both solitary and group interactions and people of all ages and fitness levels can ride a cycle. Even those too young to pedal can reap the benefits of fresh air and unfold scenery from a bike seat or a trailer
If we had an unprotected sex 1 hr after an ipill is it necessary to take an ipill again? If this happen just 3 days before her period time.
Androphobia can be described as the unfounded and often overstressed fear of men. This phobia can affect both the genders, though younger females are more known to suffer from this kind of phobia.
Causes and origin:
Many psychoanalysts are of the opinion that women who had been victims of sexual assault or any kind of male aggression are more prone to androphobia. An unsympathetic and rude father figure can trigger this phobia in both the sexes. Many young girls are taught by their parents or caregiver to stay away from the opposite sex this can also instil a sense of fear for men in the young mind.
Intense and irrational fear of men is one of the commonest manifestations of this phobia. In many cases, the individual might experience disturbing thoughts about being assailed by men. In spite of realizing that the fear is unfounded, they still avoid any kind of association with men. In some cases, the person is extremely panicky and alert in presence of men. Extreme cases of androphobia are characterized by panic accompanied with tremors, increased heartbeat, dizziness, nausea, stomach ache and chest ache.
Androphobia and sex life:
Androphobia can gravely affect the personal life of an individual particularly his/her sex life. Androphobic women intentionally keep away from male company which definitely has a negative impact on their sex life. Even mildly androphobic women are known to feel uncomfortable while talking to men. The androphobics are generally depressed individuals who prefer to keep to themselves. In spite of having feelings for a man or having the urge to have sex, an androphobic woman will hardly be able to convey her feeling because of her intense fear of manliness. The loneliness and alienation which is associated with this kind of phobia often prompts a woman to contemplate suicide.
As with most other phobias, androphobia is also a curable condition. Your psychiatrist can suggest various medications and psychotherapies to cure your condition. The exposure therapy in which the phobic is slowly exposed to the much feared subject is known to work well in many cases. The CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is another treatment for androphobia where counselling sessions are conducted so that the phobic can express and share her nature of phobia. During the sessions, the counsellor suggests ways of dealing with the phobia and keeping it under control. The objective of the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is to recognize the pessimistic images related to men and turn them into positive ones. When none of these therapies work, the psychiatrist usually suggests anti-anxiety and anti depressant medications which improve the temperament of the androphobic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I had small follicles in ovaries Dr. Prescribed me my pill for regular periods. After how many days period come stopping that my pill tablet? I had one week but my period didnt come. Please please let me know.
Hi, I am 26 years old. I am working and I will travel too long to go to office by bus and most of the times i am standing in the bus. From some days some times I use to come by bike with my friend. Some times humps also will be there. We are planning for pregnancy. My last period was may 27th 2016 night. And after that in 15 days (12th or 13th of june 2016) I noticed light spotting for 2 days. Then again 05th July 2016, I noticed light spotting but next day it was little bit heavy bleeding. What are the reasons for that and is there any problem for me to get pregnant? Please help me. And I lose my weight also after marriage due to some tensions in family. Please help me what I have to do now?
I am 26 year old female. My period month date 1 and period after coming 10 days. I check the pega news. I found possitive. Result. But before two days I feel pain in my stomach. And today ix somthing wrong. I mean sime matterial coming through my vagina. Like that child. So sir I confused. Please advise me.
Hi Dr. After 5th week pregnancy. Today I found minor spot on my panty. It's serious problem. Wt I can do. Plzzz guide me.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
Hello doctor I abort my baby last month due to brain not developed properly. From that time I'm facing leg pain very badly. Please suggest.
How to start:
If you have been practising yoga already, you can continue during your pregnancy. However, if you are planning to start yoga as a form of exercise during pregnancy, it is ideal to do so in the second trimester. Yoga can be performed once a week or every day. The duration can range from 5 to 60 minutes per session. Follow these guidelines while practising yoga:
✓ Listen to your body carefully. If you feel any discomfort, stop. You will probably need to modify each pose as your body changes.
✓ Avoid lying on your back after the first trimester; it can reduce blood circulation to the uterus.
✓ Avoid poses that stretch the muscles too much. You are more at risk for strains, pulls and other injuries right now because of the pregnancy hormone relaxin, which softens and relaxes joints and connective tissue.
✓ From the second trimester – when your centre of gravity starts to shift – do all standing poses with your heel against the wall or use a chair for support, to avoid losing your balance and risking injury to yourself or your baby. Here is the most comprehensive second trimester dos and don’ts for you to follow.
✓ While twisting, move from the shoulders and back, rather than the waist, to avoid putting pressure on your abdomen. Twist only as far as it feels comfortable – deep twists are not advisable in pregnancy. Here are three simple exercises that can boost blood circulation during pregnancy.
1. Palm tree
Imagine you are a palm tree swaying in the wind.
Benefit: This pose stretches and strengthens the torso
Stand upright, raise your arms overhead and interlock your fingers.
Now stretch slowly and gently to the right and then the left, imitating the swaying movement of a palm tree.
2. Modified triangle pose
Can you position your body in such a way that it forms three triangles?
Benefit: This pose regulates the digestive system and massages internal organs like the liver.
Stand with your feet wide apart and arms extended at shoulder level parallel to the floor.
Stretch your left hand overhead and bend down to the right side and touch your knee. Look up at your left hand.
Return to starting position and switch sides.
3. Modified forward bend
Reach forward with your hands, with a chair for support.
Benefit: This pose stretches the back and legs.
Stand tall in front of a chair.
Lift your arms and reach towards the chair; press your palms on the chair. Keep your back straight and bend from your hips. Hold.
Return to standing position.
4. Seated twist
Twist to the right and then to the left, to improve the mobility of the spine.
Benefit: This pose stretches the spine, improves digestion and relieves constipation.
Sit with your legs stretched out in front of you. Bend your right knee and take the right foot over the left knee.
Bring the left arm and elbow over the right knee. Keep your right hand behind you on the fl oor for support. Now twist your torso to the right and turn your head back.
Return to starting position and switch sides.
5. Cat-camel pose
Imitate a cat and then a camel. Arch your spine like a cat and then lift it up like the hump of a camel.
Benefit: releases spinal stress
Get down on all fours on your mat. Place your hands directly below your shoulders. Now lift your tailbone up towards the ceiling so that your lower back is concave. As you do this your head will lift up naturally towards the ceiling.
Now round your back like the hump of a camel and roll your head towards your chest. Make the movements as fluid as possible.
6. Butterfly pose
Imitate a butterfly.
Benefit: Increases mobility of the hip joints and stretches the inner thigh.
Sit with your legs outstretched on the mat. Bend your knees and bring your feet in as close as possible, towards you. Bring the soles of your feet together.
Keep your spine straight and gently move your legs down and up, resembling the movement of a butterfly as it flaps its wings.
7. The modified corpse
You need to relax in order to feel rejuvenated.
Lie on your left side; place a pillow between your legs and below your head for support.
Close your eyes and relax your mind.
To make the poses more comfortable, use blankets, pillows, cushions and chairs for support if you need them. For instance, you can perform seated positions on a folded blanket. If maintaining an erect spine is difficult, lean against a wall for support. Also, breathing the correct way during pregnancy is vital, here are a few breathing exercises you can practise for better oxygen intake.
Follow these tips while performing the yoga asanas:
• Yoga can be practised anywhere – indoors or outdoors. Just make sure it is a calm and quiet environment with adequate ventilation.
• Yoga gear should be comfortable, convenient and simple. All you need is loose, comfortable clothing and a yoga mat, rug, blanket or carpet.
• Hold each yoga pose for 10 to 60 seconds.
• Set aside a fixed time for yoga.
• If you have never tried yoga before, first learn the different poses under supervision. Start slowly and relax for 2 to 3 minutes after every asana if required.
• Yoga can be performed once a week or every day. The duration can range from 5 minutes to 60 minutes per session.
• Never force your body into a stretch or pose. Regular practice will make seemingly impossible poses more accessible.
• If you feel any pain or nausea, stop and contact your doctor immediately.