Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ruksheda SayedYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I'm 43 years old since 7 months I am taking 90 ml to 180 ml of whisky daily due to some financial issue. Please advise.
I am 12 years old I am facing a problem with my brain activity I forget things that happen with me all the time it started when I was in 2nd grade what should I do for a cure.
I am 17years of age. I am always in a confusion to take any simple or complicated decisions from last 2 to 3 years i. E. After completion of my tenth. My parents has taken me to doctors, because I attempted suicide 5 times in last two years. Now from past three months I am not getting any negetive thoughts which is a good sign. But whenever everyone thinks I am set I am again going to the negetive mood. Sorry, not to mention above, I have ocd. I asked my doctor about ocd. He told that it depends in my thinking. What is the problem in me? Why I am not set? Is it due to ocd or any other? Please help me?
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a Pediatrician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy or medication. In some instances, a child suffering from depression may be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to. Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Psychotherapy or antidepressant medication use is usually depending on the predominant symptoms and the severity of depression. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy. We must understand that depression is just another disease with is treatable like any other illness so do not hesitate in seeking professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I am 34 years old male unmarried. I am not married yet and my career has ups and downs. I am working as SAP consultant since July, 2015 for very low pay. I am very much depressed and feel each and every moment, all negative thoughts like something wrong going to be happened and you will be defeated etc. My parents are very much worried about my career and future and I want them to be happy and peace. My biggest problem is fear. I used to depend the most on parents and I used to do what they say. My life decisions also I can't take myself and did what they said. I could not complete my B.Tech and did graduation from correspondence. Always I feel like committing suicide and life is of no use with all corrupted country and non-ethical society. One side my life is not good and other side society also not good. I can't change society any how and trying to change myself. Kindly do the needful.
What are the disadvantages caused by smoking and drinking alcohol regularly and which parts of body damages a lot because of smoking.
I feel really lonely. I lost my concentration and l always thinking negatively. I can't change my thoughts. Daily I lost my sleep .My mind thinking continuously about some other thoughts and I can't sleep. Please help me to sleep.
I am a 43 years old male person, govt. Employee. Suffering from parkinson's disease for last 7-8 years. Presently taking allopathic medicines like syndopa+ alongwith pacitane, resolect, premipex, but not getting proper relief. Feeling very disorganized and ruined future. Wether this disease is curable or just manageable. What to do. Help me sir.
Doctor I have everything in life a good father and a mother n good family and I am 29 year old male but I have some problem since childhood only I am suffering from depression now here only I am showing psychiatric doctor and been on medication. I think my reason behind my depression is since childhood only I am attracted to male I donno why? Does it mean I am gay? Now I am almost came for marriage stage and I do not know I am gay or wht? And another thing is that I do not want to be a gay at all need heterosexual lifestyle so please tel me doctor can I marry a girl and lead a good life? And is it necessary to change the thought process?
I am a student. In winter Why Won't My Cold Go Away? I tried to keep healthy. Never SMOKED. What should I do.
I love her but she has died. Now at that instant I feel alone without her can you tell me what I have to do.
My voice is decreasing day by day but their is no pain or no irritation in/out of my throat, what should I do?
I am 18 year of age. I have brain problem. My brain is slow. If somebody ask me question I can't answer instantly whether I know. please tell me how to sharp brain.
I have a sedentary lifestyle, work in a stressful environment, can not have home food. Have gained 11 kg in the last 1 year and need to lose 20 kg. Please help!
I have a very soft voice and I am 18. How can I have a deep low pitch and high intensity male voice?
Hello doctor. I am in relationship. But I am very insecure about my boyfriend. I don't allow my bf to talk to any girl ever his friends, my friends n even my cousins too. I can't tolerate that. I just want that he must talk with me only not any other girl. Because my thinking is like he talk to any girl he will give importance to her also. But I want him to be mine only. He is too humble. Too kind hearted, he loves me so much even after my so much restrictions he never question me. WHY' like why I am not allow him to do so. He just obey my opinion my wish. He leave his all friends in girls ka becoz of me. Sometimes I curse myself that is becoz of me he is alone. He left his social circle his friends in girls jz because of me I think that I am responsible for his loneliness and spoil his life n even don't allow him to enjoy his college life with friends n social circle. M very fed up from myself. He is suffering due to my suspicious nature. N jz bcoz I would not have any problem any insecurity any stress he leaves everyone. Mostly boys don't do that. Bt he did. Sometimes I am fed up from my nature that why I don't allow him to talk to any girl. What's wrong with me doctor? Why m like this. Why I am doing so. I need to get out of it. I want to. Bt how?
Hello, from tomorrow my paper will start and I am forgetting all I have learnt please give a list of food that can help me to get out of it.
These are some basic steps that many of us know but forget to think when in emotional distress sometimes. I am collating that for a quick recap.
Thoughts constitute an important part of one’s life. Those thoughts can be favourable or unfavourable. For a few people, those thoughts are unfavourable most of the times. They often keep thinking about the negative outcomes of a work. Their friends and people around them who keep hearing the same will also start wondering if that work can ever be successful. To come out of such situations, it is better to follow a few basic steps.
1. Do not speculate that that something might happen and start looking at the facts. Never come to a conclusion without any proof.
2. If an untoward incident happened in the past, don’t think that it will repeat itself again. For example if you have failed in an exam, it doesn’t mean that you will fail in every aspect of life.
3. Stop worrying about what is not happening and start focussing about what is happening. Many of us have faults in our thought process. Because of that, we tend to forget about the favourable incidents happening and only worry about those that didn’t happen.
4. Don’t spiral any incident out of control. For instance, if you call a friend and if she didn’t answer it, it doesn’t mean for sure that she is not interested in talking to you. If you are thinking like that, it means that you are also worried about petty issues. Inculcate patience. Just leave a message to your friend and forget that incident and start looking at what other better activities to do.
5. Lot of people keep saying that they are not intelligent and that they are not fit for anything. If you think like that, your results will also become the same. So, stop thinking like that and perhaps start thinking that you have some weaknesses and you have other strengths that will make you fit for several other activities. There are no 100% bad or 100% good people in the world. Don’t speculate forever about what your weaknesses are and talk to people around you to understand what they think about you.
6. Emotional thinking in negative circumstances can lead to lowering your self confidence. Instead of generalising that you are unfit, it is perhaps that you are unfit for a certain task or at a certain time only.
7. When problems occur in one’s family, you may think that you are the reason. Instead of blaming yourself, look for a solution and solve the problem. With the outcome, you will feel better.
8. When you hear remarks from someone, do not treat it as untoward attitude towards you. Everyone makes mistakes and you have committed a mistake which is not an anomaly. All that you have to do is to learn from the mistakes and try to not repeat such mistakes in future. It will not help to reminisce about the mistake forever.
It is highly important to realise negativity. Immediately after, think comprehensively about the issue analysing the facts and try to mitigate your negative thoughts. Try to talk to a friend or a family member or a counsellor to help you reduce such ill thoughts.