Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RuddhiYour feedback matters!
My wife can not conceiving because both the fallopian tubes are blocked. So I just need to check if this blockage can be removed by medicine/surgery or any other suggestion.
I've made my girlfriend eat OC pill (unwanted 72) on 25-aug-2017. On 3rd day i.e. 28-aug-2017, she started bleeding. Now she's suffering from stomach ache, nausea and menstrual bleeding. And it's not even her period cycle but still she's in this pain. What should we do now?
I am 29 year, I had thyroid problem due to which I have gained 76 KGs. I trying to conceive but no result. My doctor suggested to immediately loose atleast 5kg weight to have healthy pregnancy. Can you please suggest.
I am fat, n my periods are not coming regularly, my mom threatening me everyday, is it a serious problem?
Hi. I had my last period 21 september. I have pcos, my Dr. Prescribed me clompipure 50 mg 2 tab day 3 to day 7, nd gestofit sr 300 mg 2 tablet day 18 to day 27, I am running 37 cycle day running now, no period, after stop gestofit on day 10 that means after the 7 th day missed my period I took a test, which is negative. I feel very much gassy, uterus little bit sometime cramping, breast tenderness, on day 21 imy uterus r cramping like back stabbing for 2to 3 sec, nd again next day on 31 same feeling I am. Why my period is late? Nd what chances my pregnancy?
My menstruation cycle started on 3 february and ended on 7th but still no menstruation.I have done urine pregnancy test two times with morning urine sample both times result was negative.So what is the problem please help me
Hi I am married just one month back and I think that my breast shape is very small. And I feel lump in my breast. I am really worried is that a sign of cancer. Also I want to increase my beast size .pls help me how do I do it?
I want to ask one question only sexologist doctor jo porn movies me vagina sucking dikhate he is right or wrong. It's harmful for our health or not?
Helo doctor I am 25 years old ,my height 4.5 inches, my weight 68 kg ,my face have many black spots, And I have 11 month baby, after delivery I was little fat but over belly, so I am very same for my belly, every person told are you pregnant? So please help me doctor How to reduce my belly And which cream used my face.
There are veins which carry blood from the various digestive organs to the liver. When there is an obstruction in the free flow of blood in the liver, it increases the pressure and is known as portal hypertension. This increased blood pressure stresses the blood vessels in the esophagus, stomach, and other digestive organs and results in internal bleeding.
What causes portal hypertension?
Cirrhosis is the most common cause of portal hypertension. The cirrhosis could be a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, chronic hepatitis, or thrombosis in the liver vessels. Blood clots in the portal vein are schistosomiasis ( a parasitic infection) are some other causes of portal hypertension. It is also important to know that in some cases, the causes of this condition remain unknown.
What are the symptoms?
Although, the symptoms of portal hypertension may not be very evident until you identify that there is some damage in the liver. the chances of developing a portal hypertension are increased if you suffer from a liver disease.
- Ascites, which is fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity
- Bleeding in the abdominal vessels
- Blood in the stools and/or vomitus (black tarry stools or blood in the vomitus)
- Reduced platelet count
- Encephalopathy, fluid accumulation in the brain, which can lead to confusion and other issues
How can it be managed?
Once diagnosed, treatment of portal hypertension is at two levels.
At the first level, dietary and lifestyle changes and medical treatment should suffice.
- Alcohol, a street drug, and tobacco use should be completely stopped. Sodium and protein intake should be reduced.
- Avoid taking any over-the-counter medications without consulting a medical personnel.
- Have a good, balanced nutrition
- Medications like propranolol are given to control blood pressure
- Medications are also given to prevent internal bleeding
- If there is encephalopathy, then lactulose is given to clear confusion
- The ends of the bleeding vessels are tied and cut off (ligated) endoscopically, and this is known as sclerotherapy. Alternately, bands may be applied to the cut vessels to prevent further bleeding. This is known as banding.
If this first line does not work, then the next level of interventional therapy is initiated.
- TIPS, which is a transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt, which is a shunt that is placed into the liver to reduce pressure.
- Distal splenorenal shunt (DRSR) is when a shunt or link is created between the splenic vein and the left kidney vein. This also helps control variceal pressure and bleeding.
- Both these shunts are widely performed and require follow up once in 6 months to ensure they are performing well and without any blockages.
- In cases where a shunt is not possible, then devascularization is done. This involves removal of the bleeding varices.
- The fluid in the abdomen may be removed surgically by paracentesis.
- As a last option, a liver transplant surgery may also be considered.
So, while portal hypertension definitely is a serious medical condition, there are different levels of treatment. The important thing is to alert yourself once any symptoms set in. Early intervention always ensures minimal intervention and good prognosis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- 6 cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves
In a mason Jar, add the ingredients and let the mixture infuse overnight. Drink it all the next day.