Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roohi FernandoesYour feedback matters!
All you need to know about Cystic acne
Cystic acne is a dermatological condition in which the skin pores get blocked causing infection and inflammation. Over secretion of sebum creates an optimal environment for the bacteria trapped in the pores to thrive; and the bacterium, Propionibacterium acnes is responsible for this condition.
This form of acne occurs when the infection occurs deep within the skin causing a painful, swollen, red bump filled with pus. It usually takes place during teens or the late 20's. An estimated, 80% of the people suffer from cystic acne between 11 and 30 years of age.
The primary reasons for cystic acne are:
- Hormonal changes pertaining to puberty, menstruation, pregnancy or birth control
- Greasy cosmetics, lotions, and soaps that cause allergy can also lead to this form of acne
- An inherited tendency for acne can also be a likely cause
Cystic acne tends to produce inflammatory cysts and nodules, which are visible and painful. In addition, they pose the danger of causing visible scarring and shallow depressions on the face.
Usual medicines, which are used to treat mild acne, have little effect on cystic acne, what you must do in this case:
- Use of oral antibiotics, which helps to keep the bacteria in check and also reduce inflammation
- Birth control pills are often effective treatment for regulating hormones in women
Some of the preventative measures would be:
- Not touching the cysts is advisable as it can lead the infection to spread
- Relaxation and adequate sleep are also recommended as stress causes the body to release more hormones which can worsen the condition
- Some studies indicate diet low in sugar also help to reduce the condition
Related Tip: 5 Hidden Causes of Acne, Revealed!
4 plastic surgery alternatives for burns and wounds
The branch of plastic surgery that is generally used for the treatment of burns and other wounds is known as reconstructive plastic surgery. There are numerous surgical methods that fall under this category, which is effectively used to treat these injuries and the related issues that they cause.
What are medical issues caused by burns and wounds?
Some of the most frequently occurring issues that stem from burns and similar wounds are as follows:
- restriction of mobility
- aesthetic disfigurement and scarring
- loss of sensation in the affected area
The different issues are caused by varying kinds of burns and injuries and, hence, each case must be approached in a different manner for remedy.
Different kinds of plastic surgeries that are used for treatment
Depending on the nature of the injury, your plastic surgeon may opt for any of the following surgical methods for treating the problem.
1. Skin grafting
In this procedure, skin is removed from one part of the body and transplanted to the affected area. This method is used for the treatment of burns. There are two types of this surgical procedure - one removes a few layers from the dermis of the donor area (split-thickness graft) while the other removes the entire dermis (full-thickness graft). Recovery time depends on the kind of procedure used. Skin grafting is occasionally used for breast and nose reconstruction as well.
This type of surgery makes the use of a microscope in reconstructive procedures for working on minuscule veins, arteries, and nerves for repairing damaged areas. Microsurgery is often used alongside other surgical procedures for re-attaching body parts, relieving paralysis of the face and in the reconstruction of breasts.
3. Tissue expansion
This method is used to induce the growth of extra skin on the body that can be used for reconstructive purposes. This is done by inserting a balloon expander underneath the skin that slowly gets filled with saline solution and makes the skin swell. This excess skin is then used for correction or reconstruction of the affected area.
4. Free flap procedure
This procedure involves the transfer of skin, bone, muscle and blood supply from the donor area to the damaged area for repairing purposes. Microsurgery is often performed alongside this treatment method, which is used most frequently for breast reconstruction or after the removal of cancer from the neck or head.
Related Tip: 6 Quick and Handy Remedies To Treat Burns
HelloMy skin is so dry, and I have dark skin in my knuckles, toes, neck, armpits and groins. Please helo me how I can get rid of thus.
Mera colour fair h. Mere face pr bot mote mote breakouts pimpels or unke marks h. Unme bot pain bhi h. Please suggest me something.
I am 20 Year old girl. I have dandruff and hairfall problem, I have tried many products but problem continues and I became little bald on my head.
Urticaria, also known as Hives and Nettle Rash. It is an allergic disorder. It is similar to the rashes that are caused due to touching a nettle plant. This allergic reaction can be caused due to a variety of reasons, thus increasing the difficulty in identifying the exact cause of the allergy. Homeopathic medication has proved to be very efficient in treating urticaria. Some of the best homeopathic remedies include:
- Apis Mellifica: Described as one of the best solutions to urticaria, this medication is commonly prescribed with regard to treatment. The characterising symptoms of this medication is eruptions accompanied by inflammation and sting. It is similar to the sting of a bee where there is redness and swelling. Exposure to heat in any form is intolerable as the eruption are aggravated. The slightest of touch can cause burning or itching and the patient usually remains thirsty.
- Dulcamara: This is a medication that is usually prescribed for Urticaria, caused due to cold air or wet weather or dampness. Consumption of sour food or indefinite diet can cause the eruptions. Even though the skin is often dry, there is redness and itching.
- Natrum Mur: One of the frequently used medicines for urticaria, this medicine is prepared from common salt. It is used in cases where the eruptions are triggered by exposure to the sun, thereby resulting in intense itching. The skin has an oily or greasy feel. Most likely locations of occurrence include margins of hair or bends of joints.
- Ledum Pal: This medication focuses on the eruptions that occur on the legs and feet. There is a possibility of the infection spreading from the lower to the upper regions at a later stage. Increase in itching can result from the warmth of bed or on scratching. Colder conditions provide a soothing sensation
- Astacus Fluviatilis: This is an effective medication that be used to treat, both acute and chronic urticarial forms. Rashes are visible on the entire body and are at an increased sensitiveness to air. It is recommended for liver diseases and liver-related symptoms that are accompanied by urticaria.