Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
In the day and age where technology turns your child into a couch potato, introducing fitness into his/her life can be a real challenge. These trends have slowly given rise to obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure in children- diseases that they were never touched by. So it is very important to introduce fitness into your child’s life, now more than ever.
1. Get involved: It is known that children learn more by example than by instruction. Do fun activities yourself like swimming, playing basketball, going on long walks and take your child along with you. Start small, by doing this at least once a week, and then increase gradually. Not only will this encourage your child to be more fit, it will also create a deeper bond between the two of you.
2. Introduce fun activities: Structured activities such as a sport are great ways of introducing your child to fitness. Enrol your child for some routine sport classes, particularly team sport. This way your child learns essential values such as team spirit, fair play, competition and practice. Plus, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
3. Make exercising fashionable: Children these days are fond of doing things that are ‘in’. Some may want to swing the bat like Dhoni, while others may be more interested in learning Hrithik Roshan’s dance moves. Let your child decide what he wants do according to his style. Celebrity examples can act as motivation.
4. Use fitness as a reward: If you just force your child to go out and play, then chances are you’d be giving rise to resentment and resistance. Don’t use exercise as punishment, make it a reward instead. For instance, treat your child to a break from homework by encouraging him to play ball for half an hour. This strategy might make him/her enjoy the physical activity to the fullest.
5. Let your child take charge: Allow your child to decide what he wants to do in the hours after school rather than you deciding it for him/her. He may decide to cycle, go on a hike, and go for a long run. Letting him/her decide, give away the control over the situation to make him/her more inclined to follow a routine. For younger children it is best for you rationalize their choices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My daughter had turned 2 months old today. Her vaccination hexavalent pneumococcal conjugate is due by end of 2nd month. Can I delay this vaccination by another 1 week. As there is no provision for vaccination in this town.
This question for my nephew he is 2 year active boy he is very clear&intelligent mind power but he hasn't speak even he got 2 years now. He have good hearing capacity but hasn't speak a like other children, but he speak 1 or two words like mama, 1,2,3 some words like this. Help us how to develop his talking capacity?
My daughter is 2 years old she is having stool problem . I have blood test in thyroid report with me t3 167 t4 11.3, tsh 2.20. Is normal or risk in future please say your observations.
Hello doctors I have one doubt is all vaccines for new born babies available in the government hospital are good in condition compared to provide hospital .plz clear my doubt.
My daughter is 3 years old. I have given all the vaccines as per schedule till date. Are vaccines for flu and pneumonia absolutely required to give her?
My son of 3 yr is suffering from loose stops from past one month. We took homeopathic treatment in previous month and stools were under control as soon as we stopped home medicines, the infection occurred again so we visited paediatric doctor and they prescribed zenflox and enterogermina along with zentel to kill worms. And zincovit. We also took his ultrasound of abdomen and there were no specific finding according to doctor. Now even after taking 7 days of zenflox plus. enterogermina kid passes 3 to 4 watery stools. Please suggest. He is already weighs just 12.3 kg ans has become very weak.
Dear dr, my son 10 years old was diagnosed with adhd at 3. He is under counseling of a homeopathic psychiatrist since then. Along with counseling he has also done art and play therapy with him. I was separated from my husband. Wen he was 5. There was a lot of aggression frustration loneliness in him. Which is overcome to some extent. But his impulsivity, exploring wrong things and adult words, heard bad words, fearlessness, hyperactivity is a matter of concern. Lot of issues with school children. Also complaints. Kindly help.
Hi. My 4 year daughter got sudden pain in right knee resultantly could not walk properly since two days before. could u tell me reasons and remedy?
My baby she was 10 months old has low muscles tone and not holding her head please help how to increase muscles tone and how she control hold her head although she do physiotherapy.
Hello doctor, My little baby girl has facing a water flowing problem from her right eye some time it is difficult to open eye since birth she is now two and half month old please suggest us.
My friend son is going to reach his first birthday on September 1st. But his weight is 12kg now. So only for past one month he is moving. Now he is able to stand for ten seconds but due to his weight he sits down immediately. By holding hands he is able to walk. When will he walk on his own? is his weight normal?
My friend have some kind of problem every month which pains her back alot. She says every girl face this problem every month and there is no medicine for this problem. Whenever I ask her about this problem she never tells me and I really want to help her. Can you please tell me what is this monthly problem so I can help her?
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.