Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit AgrawalYour feedback matters!
If your toddler talks to you in gibberish what do you do? Experts tell us that you should act as if you understand what your child is speaking. It will encourage him to speak and he will pick up the mother?s tongue faster.
Parents? response to children?s activities makes a world of difference to their growth. If you indulge in a conversation with your toddler, he will feel encouraged to talk. Never mind if you can?t make out his blabbering. Words don?t matter, your attention does! Show interest and talk to your kid. Just wait and watch how quickly your baby picks up language skills!
My grandson is 2 and half years old. He is generally healthy and has normal appetite. His bowel movements seem to be slower as he goes to toilet for potty twice or thrice a week only. Is that normal?
Hello Doctor. My 7.5 year old daughter keeps complaining of stomach ache once in say 15-20 days. This more likely happens when she has eaten smth in access say lots of homemade cookies in a go etc. We give her fluid food for a day or two and she becomes fine. I wanted to check the cause of this as the frequency seems to have increased now. Earlier this was a rare once in 2-3 months sort of occurrence. Thanks.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.
My baby is 3 month old still wakes up after 2 hours and after 4 am he wakes after half hour once I put bottle in mouth he sleeps immediately not feeding much. He his formula feed. I am very exhausted what to do. Previously he was drinking 3oz and sleeping for 3 hours now everything is disturbed.
Sir my child 07 years old but she never feel hungry I have done lot of test like tv, ultrasound and lot of blood test but only tv direct few we have given 9 month medicine but still she is not eating.
I'm giving birth to my baby yesterday and now my baby on breast feeding what diet is necessary for me. Can I take non veg diet?
My two year old son have white thick deposit on his tongue from past two days. He is also having very very loose motion but only twice daily.
I want to adopt a child and feed my breast without getting pregnant, is there any medicine or any process. please suggest.
My baby is 8 month old he doesn't sleep he wakes up in the night in every 1 hour gap and in day also he doesn't sleep well, overall in a day he only sleeps for 6-7 hours. I have started giving him solid food and formula milk apart from breast milk. Please suggest me what to do I am very tensed regarding my baby's growth.
My daughter is around 1 years 3 months. And she is suffering from tearduct issue. We visited Shankardev naturally in Guwahati and consulted a doctor and she asked that a minor surgery is required. I saw a video of that surgery at YOUTUBE and it's very critical which I will be unable to look after my daughter in that condition. I belongs from Guwahati. Is there any other way out to cure that problem. Issue was like automatic tera starts rolling from her eyes sometimes .Anyone if help me will be highly thankful. Sir there must be a alternative regarding the problem except this surgery. Any massages or anything which can cure her. She is very small and she will not be able to face this. please help anyone. I am really tensed.
My 2 and half years son have perfect height 3.2 ft but weight is low is 11 kg and they didn't have any interest to eat take milk too also stool tight. He is seen like weak boy.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorder. tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My daughter 5 year old having stomach pain in every morning can you suggest please what can be a cause for the same and remedy.
Hi, my son is 2 months. Now a days sometimes he goes to deep sleep and don't take feeding for more than 5 hours. Is it normal? What should we do to give him regular feeding like once in 3 hrs types.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.