Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan PatelYour feedback matters!
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
One of my molar tooth on Right is nearly half decayed, I read somewhere that tooth implant is much better and concrete solution, so I wanted to know the whole procedure, entire duration of procedure, and places in Delhi where I can get it done in affordable amount and good quality, and what are the pros and cons of tooth implant or is there any better solution? Thank You xx.
Always rinse your toothbrush thoroughly after brushing, and allow it to air-dry before using it again.
Because of not so good structure of my teeth, I got braces on my upper and lower teeth. They gave me many mouth ulcer got treated somehow but now there is a deep hole in one of my ulcer as the wire of my brace cut through it while speaking. Help and also tell me the best way of treating ulcer. Thnx in advance.
Sir meri mom k teeth m pain hota h kei Dr. Ko dikha diya unke teeth m infection hora h or vo thik ni hora 6 mahine ho gay h ese m teeth ukhad vana sahi h ya glat ek Dr. n bataya tha ki pehle pain sahi ho jayga tab ukhadvana sir ap bata sakte ho plzzz unki age 49 hogi.
I am 27 year male. My teeths are having plaque/scales from back side. I have heard that teeth cleaning makes teeth weaker from their roots. Is it so? is teeth cleaning suggested?
Is it fine to take ibuprofen for two weeks for tooth pain? I can go to hospital only after two weeks. Please reply.
Mere teeth brown ho gaye h, main 5-6 year pahle gutka khata tha uski wajah se shayad, ya floride ka pani pine se bhi. Please answer me ki ese ab kese saf kiya jaye.
How to avoid the teeth problems. Like smell bleeding from teeth and spots on teeth can you please suggested the solution for teeth.
Can't open my mouth due wisdom teeth. It's now locked.. I am not able to open more then 1 inch. Surgery is compulsory for that? Is there any other options.
Root canal done. A small bit of drill bit got lodged in. After 1 year a small 2 cm diameter hard ball formed below that tooth. Sometimes it bulges out and gives slight pain. Other times it doesn't bulge out though it is there. Dentist took xray. He says the drill bit is NOT the reason. What should I do?
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need water. What should I do?
I am on yasmin. I need to get my wisdom tooth extracted. When should I schedule my surgery so that I don't end up with a dry socket. A day after the pills end?
I am 21 year old male and I am suffering from yellow teeth . How can I make them white so please suggest me any toothpaste for teeth whitening and sensitivity . And any treatment that I can do at home. Thank you.
Your friends mean well when they tell you to put aspirin on your sore gums. But don’t listen to this old wives’ tale. Never put aspirin directly on your gums. Yes, it might provide some temporary relief. But aspirin is a highly caustic chemical, and it is irritating to the gum tissue. It could cause a fairly serious acid burn.