Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rita ShethYour feedback matters!
I am facing my back pain from 6 months. My uric acid 15. Dr. Told me take febustat 40. Pls advice me.
I am 62 year old. I am Diabetic. I take glycomet GP 1 pill daily. It is harmful for long time intake. Please suggest some aurvdic medicine to cure or to control blood and urine sugar level ?
I am 24years old n I weigh just 55kg. I hav a proper diet but my weight is not increasing. Suggest me some way.
I am 28 years old. I have poltsystic ovary disease and I have irregular periods also due to this my tummy get bigger. Is it effect the pregnancy. What to do
Dental Treatment Under Sedation/general Anaesthesia I
Providing the highest quality dental treatment for all patients is the motto of dental practitioners.In order to achieve the same,complete chair-side cooperation is an important requirement.There are various factors and situations where the same is not achieved either in part or full like:
a) very young age of child patient
b) physical or mental dis-ability of some kind preventing the same
c) phobic patients or patients with past bad,painful and traumatic experience
d) extensive treatments requiring high number of patients affecting the cooperation.
In these cases the dental treatment under sedation/general anaesthesia is a very effective,safe and valuable treatment alternative.
These treatment are general done by specially trained dental surgeons mainly pediatric dentists who with their team of doctors essentially anesthetists,pediatricians and pediatric dentists undertake such treatments in a safe and sound manner.
Hi sir,my friend aged 25years having Gynecomastia consulted laproscopic surgeon and advised for Prolactin,FSH,Testosterone,TSH and laboratory reports were found to be normal,and if it is not harmonal problem then what could it be?is there any medication for this?suggest for appropriate treatment.. waiting for ur reply.....thanking you
In last 3 week my digestive system is not well. 1 or 2 days I don't have motion then in my penis a white substance collected that's why I feel week and please suggest me sir what I do?
I am suffering from diabetes what precautions should I take to over come from it? Please reply fast.
My skin is black nd I used momate cream for brightness bt my skin is goin through redness. Should I stop it? Will that redness will be gone out?
Does drinking haldi milk also help in cough and cold? Also please tell how to prepare haldi milk. Can we use haldi powder available in stores, or do we have to use raw haldi?
I had seen an advertisement of fat. Cutter herbal powder on television. I want to know is it better for health.
I am 23 years old girl, my skin is oily skin. I want to become fair and get rid of dark circles and.
Asthma – An Overview:
Asthma is defined as a chronic inflammatory condition of the lungs that may affect people of all age-groups. There is no complete cure for the condition and treatment is mainly aimed at correcting the symptoms and avoiding the triggering agents.
Symptoms: The symptoms of asthma can be broadly segregated under three sub-heads namely, classic, emergency and additional symptoms.
• Shortness of breath that worsens with activity or exercise.
• Cough – with or without sputum.
• Chest tightness experienced as something squeezing or sitting on your chest.
• Wheezing – characterized by a squeaky sound that occurs while breathing. Wheezing may come in episodes and may worsen during activity and cold weather. They may also exacerbate early in the morning or at night.
• Extreme difficulty in breathing.
• Sharp – rapid pulses.
• Bluish coloration of the lips and face.
• Feelings of anxiety or panic
• Difficulty talking and inability to catch your breath
• Temporary stoppage of breathing
• Abnormal pattern of breathing associated with severe wheezing.
• Coughing that won’t stop
• Nasal flaring and chest pain
Factors that trigger asthma:
Cigarette Smoke: Smoking of any form – direct or passive - places a person at a greater risk for developing asthma. If you are pregnant, it is advisable to avoid smoking as this increases the likelihood of your baby developing the condition.
Dust and Mites: If you are allergic to dust mites, you should take proper measures to limit exposure. This is because they can trigger allergic reactions like asthma. Although, it is impossible to get rid of all the mites, you can probably cut down the number by taking certain precautionary measures. This involves reducing the dampness in your homes, preventing the accumulation of dust, frequently washing pillows, blankets and stuffed toys and using high efficiency vacuum cleaners.
Pets: Another major source of allergen that can trigger asthma are household pets, cats and rodents. An ideal way to control animal allergens is by preventing their entry inside the living space and thoroughly cleaning household furniture, carpets and walls at periodic intervals.
Pollens: A major form of airborne allergen – pollens can acts as a triggering factor during certain specific times of the year. Hence, it is seen that in some people, asthma gets worse during the pollen seasons (i.e. during the spring and early summer seasons). To reduce exposure to them, remain indoors during these seasons as much as possible and avoid any form of direct contact with these allergens. Also, make it a point to shower every time you have any kind of high exposure to pollens.
Occupational asthma: If you have asthma, it is advisable to refrain from working in any type of “high risk” industry that involves dust, grains or animals. For different people, the triggering agent may be different. Hence, always consult a doctor to help you identify the exact cause of the condition.
Infections: Asthma can also be triggered by certain respiratory infections and common cold. When asthma is caused by such health conditions, prompt treatment should be taken to limit the duration of illness and prevent further attacks.
Physical Exercise: A particular form of asthma, termed as exercise-induced asthma usually occurs after a few minutes of exercise in certain people. This is particularly noticeable in cold weather conditions and should be avoided by using appropriate medications a few minutes before exercising.
Water is the life giving source of the planet and we would do well to remember to have our daily dose of at least seven to eight glasses of water a day. Besides it many health benefits, water is also a great partner to have in the weight loss process. As per many scientific studies, you can actually lose up to 2 kilograms of fat by taking your daily intake of water to ten glasses a day, at least.
So, let us find out how we can actually lose weight by drinking more water:
- Appetite: When you drink more water before a meal, you are actually taking care of something called mental hunger, which is the reflex of the brain around mealtimes and during boredom, inducing you to eat more. So, to avoid eating a heavy meal, you may want to have plenty of water before you sit down to eat.
- Calories: It has been scientifically proven that greater water intake can actually help in the weight loss process by creating an increase in what is known as resting energy expenditure. As we all know, there are various ways in which calories may be burnt throughout the day, including sitting standing and even sleeping. The resting state may induce more calorie expenditure with the help of increased water consumption.
- Long Term Weight Gain: The intake of more water helps in bringing down your weight by 0.13 kilograms at a time, which goes a long way in your weight loss journey. Further, the results are also more sustainable and long staying. You can add a cup of water after each glass and you can also replace your other beverages with water.
- Better Results in the Gym: Your workout sessions and that gym outing could actually benefit from more water intake. The way this works is that your joints and muscles are better lubricated which reduces the chances of stiffness due to intense and prolonged movements. This will actually help you in working out for longer periods without getting drained or tired too soon. So remember to drink plenty of water at least half an hour before you hit the gym or go running.
While water can be your best weight loss partner, it can also be a futile ingredient if you do not eliminate the things that lead to weight gain, or hold you back as far as optimum weight loss is concerned. So, you may want to ditch the sweetened and carbonated drinks and let go of fried and fatty food to let your body make room for lots of water instead!