Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita BatraYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant my last period date is 11-2-2017 .is there any problem if I travel by train or car like on day.
I feel vomiting and tiredness. My menses due date is 24 April. But I have spotting from 22 April. I tested yesterday but the result is negative. I feel back pain. am I pregnant?
My question is regarding Zoledronic Acid injection. My wife has been recommended by the doc at hospital for her bone cyst. Another doctor (MR) at hospital said that this injection is a yearly one while the doc said she ll have to get 3 in near future. Can someone please advise me on this? Also note that she s recently been diagnosed with sugar and thyroid problem. Thanks in advance, .
Am 31 year old I had sex with my girlfriend using condoms is there a chance to get pregnant please suggest me.
Doctor gave me foliculin Injection during 4th day of period. What's the use of this and can we take it during periods. Thanks.
My usg report impression is GRAVID UTERUS containing GESTATIONAL SAC WITHOUT ANY FETAL POLE INSIDE OF APP. 9 WEEKS 1 DAY WITH HISTORY OF? POLYCYSTIC ovarian DISEASE. KINDLY ADVICE ME WHAT IS THE position OF MY pregnancy?
Yes I am concerned for pregnancy only. When can I get my periods. I am already two days late for my periods.
Hi, this is Dr Leena Yadav. I am consultant IVF and reproduction with Bourn Hall Fertility Centre from the last 3 years now. I have given take home pregnancies and today what I am going to discuss with everyone here is about Egg Freezing or what we call as Oocyte Freezing. I want all the young females that they should opt Egg freezing or Oocyte freezing if they are planning to get married the late 30s or if they want a child bearing which is late after their marriage.
Why do I suggest you go for Egg Freezing?
Because the egg quality deteriorates gradually after the 30s and that is why the best time to preserve your oocytes is between 20-30 years. We would like to tell you that the egg quality deteriorates after the 30s. The females who are working and had their marriage but do not want a child right now, they can actually plan up Egg Freezing. If you plan up Egg Freezing at this point of time, that means you stop your biological clock. If you do your Oocyte freezing at 22-23 years, these oocytes can later be used to form embryos. The only thing we have to do is to de-freeze them and use these oocytes fertilise with your partner sperm and form embryos for you we can do this embryo transfer for you whenever you want to get pregnant. This can be done at the age of 35-42 years. But if you freeze your Oocytes between 20-30 years of age, you are actually stopping the biological clock there and actually focusing on having good Oocyte quality.
The other thing is you should also focus on Oocyte freezing if you have a family history of early menopause or you have a history of Pre mature Ovarian failure or if you people are diagnosed with some cancer or undergoing Chemotherapy. People who are diagnosed with cancer and are planning to have chemotherapy should prefer Oocyte or the egg freezing before taking the first cycle of Chemotherapy itself. Because if you take this decision after the cycle of Chemotherapy, then the Oocyte quality we get after the first shot of Chemotherapy will be really affected.
So, I would like that you should think about these things and get back to us. If you want to contact us for the same, you can connect with us through Lybrate and they will get you connected to us.
Last 2 years I have a irregular periods. My ultrasound scan report shows I have a blood cysts in my left ovary. My doctor suggests me to do laparoscopy.in my last checkup doctor prescribed me only a hemfer tablets. Still now I didn't get my periods. What can I do? Pls help me. I reached my menopause? I'm unmarried. I have any problem in my pregnancy. Pls help me for my future.
I got intimate with my partner and took unwanted-72 pill after 11 hrs nd 20 minutes. Are there still any chances of me getting pregnant? What measures can I take to prevent any risk of getting pregnant.
Dear doctor. I like only vagina sucking except anal sex. How I will do vagina sucking safe and secure for fun.
1. It helps to reduce gastric problems
2. And helps to clean the bowels
3. And benefits a bright full day
I am house wife, I have many problems like BP, sugar, asthma, fibroids, kidney stones, one fallopian tube that is also blocked.
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.