Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita BatraYour feedback matters!
I didn't get periods In june I took ipill And in august I got my periods but this month I am not getting my periods my usual periods are 15th of month Why is this delay happening.
Hello sir, my age is 27, I was married at 22 I have a child 5 year old, now I am planing for second from few month. But no result.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.
There is a load of things which have the tendency to go wrong when it comes to a pregnancy. One of the many is something called intrauterine growth restriction which is often abbreviated to be known as IUGR. While the name may be long, but the effect it can have on the baby means that the baby can turn out to be smaller than what a baby should really be.
Due to this issue, there is a range of other problems which can crop up. Some of these problems are an ability to resist infection as well as a degree of trouble when it comes to the maintenance of the body temperature. In addition to this, there are quite a few problems which include a low birth weight and a red blood cell count which is a lot higher than what would normally be expected to be seen in a baby.
In order to reduce the risk of intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR), what a mother should do is to cut out smoking from her life, in its entirety. Steps should also be taken with regard to diabetes and high blood pressure if these exist.
When a person is looking for the size of the baby, by the way of an ultrasound, the main symptom of the baby having intrauterine growth restriction is the size of the baby. If the baby happens to be smaller than about 90% of what babies at that stage of the pregnancy should be, it is a fair sign that IUGR may be the cause. However, that being said, it is not likely each and every small baby does, in fact, have IUGR. Another method which can be made use of in order to estimate the rate of growth of the baby is the dopper flow method. This means that sounds waves are used in order to find the rate of blood and the amount of the same moving through the vessels.
When there is a chance of IUGR, the things which would be good for a mother to be to practice even in normal circumstances should really be done. This means that she should get 8 hours of sleep, with possibly some rest in the afternoon. In addition to this, following a healthy diet is very important.
As long as the woman is in close contact with her doctor, it should be taken care of and the chances of a healthy baby will be as high as possible!