Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita BatraYour feedback matters!
Wanted to know the best birth control pill to be used & I am suffering from PCos irregular cycle. For how many cycles should I use.
Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein. Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
Drinking coconut water for 2 to 3 times a week reduces the size of kidney stones in a short period of time.
Benefits of coconut water
* it dissolves kidney stones
* it prevents bladder infections
* it revitalizes your reproductive system
Symptoms of kidney stones
Kidney stones that are above the pelvis of the kidney usually do not cause symptoms.
Symptoms often occur when a stone migrates into the ureter, the tube that carries urine from the kidney to the bladder, and prevents the drainage of urine from the kidney.
When stones are present in the ureter, a person may experience the following symptoms:
* nausea and vomiting.
* blood in the urine.
* increase in frequency or urgency of urination, or the inability to urinate.
There are other possible consequences of kidney stones. Partial or complete obstruction of a kidney by a stone may lead to a backup of urine in the blood, along with its potentially toxic component, urea. If this happens, the kidney may suffer damage to its tubules (the microscopic chemical plants that manufacture urine) and to their associated blood vessels.
Kidney stones are formed from chemicals that are found in your urine such as, calcium, carbonates, cystine, oxalic acid, phosphates, uric acid, ammonium, and magnesium.
Of these chemicals, calcium constitutes a large percentage of the stones that are formed.
Causes of kidney stones
One contributing cause is a defective metabolic process. When you habitually drink insufficient amounts of water and other fluids daily, your urine becomes highly concentrated.
Diet is another major contributing factor. If you are fond of eating fatty foods and your daily intake of high fiber foods is low, you will surely have kidney stone problems sooner or later.
* acid-forming foods
* alcoholic drinks
* junk food
* sugar foods
Importance of making kidneys function properly
Kidneys receive a large amount of the blood pumped by your heart. This huge blood supply enable your kidneys to regulate the composition of your blood.
They also remove wastes such as ammonia, drugs, urea and other toxins from your body.
That's why it is important to dissolve kidney stones early before they get big enough to give you problems, such as kidney infections, later.
* they keep the volume of water constant in your body
* they regulate your blood pressure
* they aid in making red blood cells
* they maintain the calcium levels in your body
Coconut water helps dissolve kidney stones by diluting your urine so that the various chemicals in your kidneys such as calcium, phosphates, uric acid, etc. Are relatively easy to flush out of your system.
This is because it is a natural diuretic and it increases the urine flow.
Aside from its ability to dissolve kidney stones, it is also a rich source of cytokinins. Cytokinins are plant growth hormones, they regulate the growth and development of plants.
The interesting part is that cytokinins have an anti-aging effect on human cells and tissues.
In other words, they help delay your aging process.
Other health benefits of coconut:
1. Prevents simple goiter (enlarged non-toxic thyroid) because of its organic iodine content.
2. Good body builder, so it is a food recommended for building up the body muscles of thin and emaciated individuals.
3. Constipation and for any build-up of gas in the stomach and intestinal tract.
4. Coconut milk has been found to help causes of a sore throat as well as relieving stomach ulcers.
5. Coconut oil has been found to heal cuts, scratches, burns and sunburns.
6. The oil has also been recommended for facial massage and is reported to be good as a wrinkle remover.
7. Coconut oil is also good for the scalp and hair and makes hairdressing unnecessary.
8. Intake of at least 2 tbsp. Of virgin coconut, oil per day can lessen your vitamin e requirement.
9. Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
This proves that a pound of prevention is indeed worth more than a ton of cure.
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Dear doctor We are planning to have a baby and wants tips food habits exercise daily routine and other natural supplements so that we can conceive easily without any complication or any other problem. Hence request all to suggest.
Hello, I took three pregnancy test, two positive but very faint lines and the third was negative. What should I think or do?
I am 43 years old female. During my menstruation period, I have to face with terrific bleeding everyday until my days get over. It harasses me every time. The menopause has not yet come. I consulted gynecologist. But it doesn't work to me. I even tried by placing copper T but no effect. Please Dr. Help me here. Already I am suffering from less hemoglobin and that too O negative blood group.
Plz tell me im worried about my periods I should have got 19 march its almost going to be one month late. Im not sexually active. Im taking m. E.N.S.O.O.N tablet for delayed periods how many days I should wait to get periods. Even I completed 6 tablets of it. Again after 2 days im taking m. E. N. S. O. O. N. please tell me wat b reason and is it ok to miss periods like dis. Almost 20 days delayed.
Hi I am 19 years old. I have a lump in my breast which is 5 cm large and was diagnosed as a fibroadenoma by at least 6 doctors including a breast specialist on examination. The doctor doing an ultrasound says it also looks like a fibroadenoma. Recently there has been a slight swelling by my supraclavicular node area. And I have a sore throat. My shoulder gets painful at night and I have a runny nose. I'm afraid I might have cancer. Is it possible ?
1) Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. - If you are experiencing nausea, uncreased heart rate, headache, dizziness or flushed skin, your body needs hydration. Drink water immediately, plain water, plenty of water.
2) Aam Panna - It is delicious as well as beneficial for the health. Made by boiling raw mango and mixing with spices like pepper, black salt and coriander along with mint, all of which help in cooling our bodies.
3) Buttermilk - It rehydrates your body immediately. It is also a good source of probiotics and helps in replenishing the body with necessary minerals and vitamins.
4) Coconut Water - If your job requires you to travel much, take time for yourself and stop by any roadside coconut water seller. Do this at least once in a day, more if you can. This water is not only good for your skin and hair, but is also refreshing and filling.
5) Onion Oil - A simple way to bring down your body temperature is by dabbing onion oil behind your ears and on your chest. Raw onion used in salad and chutneys are also known to have a cooling effect.
6) Frequent Showers - Have frequent baths. If you are outdoors throughout the day, never miss having a bath at the end of the day. This will cool your body and ensure you sleep well too.
7) Summer Fruits - Stock your refrigerator with summer fruits ? watermelon, melon, lychee, mangoes all have high water content, and are excellent means to replenish body fluids.
Cick on 'Consult' if you have any more questions on how you can beat the heat.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Homeopathy deals with the cause of the disease so that no further recurrence occurs. Treatment in surgery is related to complications like blood clot formation, infections, injury to the scrotal tissue or structures.
Homoeopathy can also be given in cases where there are complications due to surgery like post operative infections, fibrosis and pain in scrotal area.
Homeopathy offers the natural way for the treatment of hydrocele. The treatment works wonderfully in various diseases. In homeopathy case taking is the most important part which reveals cause of the disease and accordingly medicine is prescribed. The remedies act wonderfully if prescribed correctly.
The medicines help in reducing pain if present.
Remedies help in absorption of fluid.
The treatment help in healing if the underlying cause is injury.
Medicines help in reducing swelling.
There are 56 medicines which give great relief. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient.
For online treatment, you may follow the following steps by clicking on consult option