Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RishiYour feedback matters!
My daughter is one month old and having jaundice problem we have given her phototherapy treatment two times but now again her billi. Level increased upto 10 mg/l.what to do. She do not have any prblm only the skin is looking yellow. Her blood group is b and mine is o.
At time of birth my baby weight 2.9 and decrease to 2.33 kgs and gradually increase 3 kgs now she is finished her 3rd month my baby weight is 4 kgs. Is it good? Can I start cerelac? I don't have breastfeeding my baby won't nursing from the beginning. When I started she cried and won't suck milk. I used nestle Nan 1 and my milk through nipple shield. How to increase my baby weight.
I have second baby problem first baby 8 year old also and without any treatment but we have Trying second baby last 4-5year Doctor suggest ivf but I want natural baby.
My new born kid has ostium secundum of 0.4 cm. Is it harmful later or will it get healed as time passes by.
Hello Doctors Team, My son born on 10-APR-2016 with 34 weeks 6 days with weight of 1.96 kg, and as on today his weight is 2.9 kg and we have doubt like he is taking enough milk or not through breast feeding and also we need to know how to find out the difference because after breast feeding also he is crying some time so we are giving around 30 to 40 ml powder milk. So can anyone suggest, can we go with same ways of feeding or only we can with Mother feeding and also request to share the correct milk powder for additional usage for the current stage. Thanks.
Hi, My son is 3 yrs 7 months. He has developed the following symptoms over last 2 days: runny nose and watery eyes mild fever congestion coughing at night morning cough due to which he vomited. Is the above symptoms for common cold? What should be the treatment?
My daughter is 2 months old she is always crying so I went to podiatrist doctor he told that is common nothing a problem but baby heart beat combined with murmur sound we again consult with cardiac doctor, he check and told nothing baby is normal. Again podiatrist doctor telling after 3 or 4 months completed go and consult with experience doctor what to do so scar about my baby. Note if she is crying turned into reddish colour with nonstop cry.
I am breastfeeding and one of my breast is swollen as my 04 month old baby did not feed properly for a day after his vaccination. Due to this, I have a fever and abdomen pain. The doctor prescribed Pacimol 650 and zifi 200 tablets. Are these medicines safe for breastfeeding?
I have a baby boy of 7 days. How could I know he is okay? When he feels hungry, do potty & toilet he cries rest he sleep. Is it okay? How can I know he is fine. Please tell me the symptoms which indicates he is fine or not.
Hi Doctor, My baby is a 2 months old she is crying at night time only at morn she will active and sleep well also . At night time only she was crying continues and my family Dr. given pedicloryl syrup I've doubt sir that's syrup use daily it's give any side effects sir, we can use or not? I'm worry about it sir please reply my ans.
Boy 2 years old. What is the pathology in his teeth. this problem is since when teeth started coming. Its painful and he is aggravated while eating and aml by rubbing his teeth when his mom rubs his teeth Today he was eating papaya and uska ek teeth toot gya that is uska ye milk teeth h and so early why is it so and what is the cause he is also suffering from convulsive attack. When attack comes he close his hand tightly and teeth locked and dyspnoea is seen. After attack he is prostrated and sleeps . Attack occurs with any kind of loud noise Please guide.
Suvarna prashan sanskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in ayurveda for children.
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
This vaccination is the most superior one when compared to the modern vaccinations like bcg; polio drops; hepatitis; etc. As they have many other side-effects too.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)
What is the life span for a baby of 1 year suffering from leukodystrophy, along with other 18q syndrome anomalies?
My baby is of two month. Before also my milk supply was low. Now it finished. My baby do not want to suck. How to increase my milk supply.
Sir, I am asking about my 2 months baby podiatrist tell heart beat combined with murmur sound. Is that anything serious? He told that consult with cardiactist doctor I went cardiologist they check and told she having normal heart beat no worry. Again went podiatrist for general check up again telling the same baby having some heartbeat with murmur sound so check after 3 or 4 months. Tell the reason for murmur sound what to do next?
My baby is 1 and half year old. But still not able to walk or stand without support. Her ca and vit d levels are normal.
Bedwetting or nocturnal enuresis, refers to the unintentional passage of urine during sleep. Enuresis is the medical term for wetting, whether in the clothing during the day or in bed at night. Another name for enuresis is urinary incontinence. For infants and young children, urination is involuntary. Wetting is normal for them. Most children achieve some degree of bladder control by 4 years of age. Daytime control is usually achieved first, while nighttime control comes later.
The age at which bladder control is expected varies considerably. Some parents expect dryness at a very early age, while others not until much later. Such a time line may reflect the culture and attitudes of the parents and caregivers.
Factors that affect the age at which wetting is considered a problem include the following:
- The child's gender: Bedwetting is more common in boys.
- The child's development and maturity
- The child's overall physical and emotional health. Chronic illness and/or emotional and physical abuse may predispose to bedwetting.
No one knows for sure what causes bed-wetting, but various factors may play a role:
- A small bladder: Your child's bladder may not be developed enough to hold urine produced during the night.
- Inability to recognize a full bladder: If the nerves that control the bladder are slow to mature, a full bladder may not wake your child, especially if your child is a deep sleeper.
- A hormone imbalance: During childhood, some kids don't produce enough anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) to slow nighttime urine production.
- Stress: Stressful events, such as becoming a big brother or sister, starting a new school, or sleeping away from home, may trigger bed-wetting.
- Urinary tract infection: This infection can make it difficult for your child to control urination.
- Sleep apnea: Sometimes bed-wetting is a sign of obstructive sleep apnea, a condition in which the child's breathing is interrupted during sleep.
- Diabetes: For a child who's usually dry at night, bed-wetting may be the first sign of diabetes.
A structural problem in the urinary tract or nervous system. Rarely, bed-wetting is related to a defect in the child's neurological system or urinary system.
- Wetting during the day
- Frequency, urgency, or burning on urination
- Straining, dribbling, or other unusual symptoms with urination
- Cloudy or pinkish urine, or blood stains on underpants or pajamas
- Soiling, being unable to control bowel movements
Most kids are fully toilet trained by age 5, but there's really no target date for developing complete bladder control. Between the ages of 5 and 7, bed-wetting remains a problem for some children. After 7 years of age, a small number of children still wet the bed.
When to see a doctor: Most children outgrow bed-wetting on their own, but some need a little help. In other cases, bed-wetting may be a sign of an underlying condition that needs medical attention.
Consult your child's doctor if:
- Your child still wets the bed after age 7
- Your child starts to wet the bed after a few months or more of being dry at night
- Bed-wetting is accompanied by painful urination, unusual thirst, pink or red urine, hard stools, or snoring
- Self-Care at Home
Here are some tips for helping your child stop wetting the bed. These are techniques that are most often successful
- Reduce evening fluid intake.
- The child should urinate in the toilet before bedtime.
- A system of sticker charts and rewards works for some children.
- Make sure the child has safe and easy access to the toilet.
Some believe that you should avoid using diapers or pull-ups at home because they can interfere with the motivation to wake up and use the toilet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.