Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rina K JaniYour feedback matters!
The onset of winter brings to my mind a warm blanket, a hot soup and also a dry skin! Winter season brings with it, cold, dry and chilly winds. Our skin is constantly exposed to extreme cold when outdoors and has to quickly adjust back to the warm heated interiors. The bad news is that both indoor heating as well as the cold weather outside, dehydrates our skin. Dry skin conditions include flaking, white patches or cracks in the skin and can cause lots of discomforts. Dry skin is susceptible to wrinkles as well as many skin inflammations including eczema. It is important to follow a good skin care routine in order to prevent dry skin conditions.
A good daily skin care routine starts with a well-hydrated body. Doctors advise drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day. Sipping warm water or green tea is a great way to stay warm and fight dryness in cold weather.
Oiling the skin is believed to be beneficial as oil creates a protective layer on our skin unlike a normal moisturiser which can cause the skin to feel dry after a few hours of exposure. Oils such as almond or coconut have amazing skin benefits and can protect the skin for longer hours. It is also a good idea to try out oil-based creams and moisturisers as they are more effective in fighting dry skin than the regular ones. However, oils can also clog pores, thus caution is needed on when and how much oil to be used on skin.
Avoid use of harsh scrubs or sunscreens in winter as they can irritate the outer layer of the skin. Instead, go for herbal face masks like honey lemon or milk oatmeal to replenish the skin’s moisture. It’s best to choose skin care products wisely and go the natural and ayurvedic way.
Avoid outdoor exposure as much as possible, however, sitting in heating rooms for too long is also not advisable for skin. It is better to be well covered and sit under a blanket than under artificial heat systems as it can deplete moisture from the body.
Eating wholesome nutritious food packed with nutrients can help the body replenish the lost moisture. Avoid spicy and oily food and instead, go for loads of seasonal fruits and vegetables and enjoy the natural shine on your body!
In a case of skin rashes or an itchy or cracked skin that begins to worse even after normal oiling, always consult a dermatologist as it could be a sign of a skin infection.
Our skin is a reflection of our health and personality. It always remained exposed and thus needs constant care and attention to be at its best. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I became d mother f a baby gal before a month (c-section). I want to knw wat kinda f diet shud I take so dat I cud feed d baby also n my weight gain will also remain in control. sometimes I feel weakness in my lower body. Its my second baby.
Hello doctors My mom has some problems. Like paining in her body like in joints every part of body joints and she get tired very fast even can't walk too much. She has thyroid problem taking 25 number tablets is there any serious problem for pains in body are it's just side effect of thyroid sometimes her half body pain we are really confused about this problem even can't sleep in night . Thank you.
I have high blood pressure 140/90. Have being taking olmesar 20 from past 6 months. 1 per day. Now recently I m noticing a mild chest pain when I climb or jog or get angry. Please advise what should I do.
Hello, my son is 3 years old and he catches cold frequently which results in wheezing. I also have the same problem but no asthma. Kindly help. Chest X-Ray has been done.
Sir I have problem in my teeth. I have smail in our mount so what to do. I have two times regular toothbrush daily but smail are not going.
My friend is smoking for the last 7 years and sometimes he is having pain near the right chest. Is that something to worry about his lungs?
I am too fat. I am unable to reduce weight. After pregnancy again I have put on lot of weight because of which i am unable to work properly. I feel tried my backbone an knees pain a lot. Please help me?
I have many gaps in my upper teeth n lower teeth I have been suggested ty go fr metallic braces it is safe and it will help me tu close my gaps?
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
My hair is white in18 year old. I tried some treatment. But no change in it. Please help me. It is solution?
Whenever I masturbate I feel that my muscles are loosen. How many times we have to masturbate in a week so that there is no impact on health and muscles.
I am 26 years old male and have right arm pain for last 3 mouth, I have used pain relief volini spray for couple of days but haven't got any relief . What should I do now? Can I use any relief cream? And any other?
Have you been coughing so often that it is intervening with your daily routine? Drop that bottle of cough syrup that gives you an instant relief but along with a feeling of drowsiness. Though coughing may appear to be a simple issue, it is very harassing and can lead to various severe problems. Ayurveda has the power to alleviate the suffering to a considerable degree. The Pranavaha Srotas show how the “vata” that controls the respiratory systems in the body can be balanced with Ayurvedic means so that you are relieved.
Symptoms and their mistreatments
There are two types of cough, one with the phlegm that’s termed as wet cough and creates congestion, due to which you are unable to breathe. The other type of cough is the dry one, which hurts your throat and forms a pressure on the chest area while you cough. Well, whether dry or wet, a simple disease related to coughing is powerful enough to deprive you of your night’s sleep. If you are a patient of bronchitis or any other respiratory disease like sinus, then you are required to deal with the nagging problem of cough.
Ayurveda offers a great way of relieving cough.
- Gargles: Whenever you feel soreness around your neck, take a glassful of warm water and add a pinch of salt in it and start to gargle. The salt would help to drain out the excess fluids from the inflamed areas, thus, reducing the symptoms. It also helps in removing the mucus and thinning of the mucus. Gargling with salt should be avoided by patients suffering from hyper-tension. Such people can use simple warm water without salt.
- Take honey: It is not feasible to gargle anywhere and everywhere and in such cases, you can have a spoonful of honey as it is believed to soothe the irritation in the throat area. If you have a particular tendency to cough during the night time, then a glassful of warm milk with some honey can relieve your suffering. Diabetic patients should avoid honey.
- Turmeric remedies: A traditional Indian remedy to alleviate soreness of the throat region is to drink hot milk mixed with honey. You may even opt for turmeric gargles where you will have to mix half teaspoon of turmeric along with the same quantity of table salt in a glassful of lukewarm water and gargle with it. To get rid of dry cough, alternately, you can mix some turmeric powder in a spoonful of honey and take it thrice in a day.
Allopathic and synthetic medicines are generally loaded with numerous side-effects including nausea and drowsiness. In the worst case, it may lead to dependence and addiction as well. Thus, embracing Ayurveda can help you get out of the ailment permanently.