Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Generally women have cramps during their menstruation period. Can I know the exact reason behind having these cramps?
My first time having sex I was nervous and stressed out. I took the pill that same day about 2hours after the incident. After I took it I wasn't as nervous as I was before but i've spent so much time thinking about it. Does stress and overthinking affect the possibilities of becoming pregnant?
It is mostly men who use pills
Known as a natural aphrodisiac, taking avocados can help attain a heightened sexual energy that was hitherto absent in your sexual life. Avocados are rich in potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid etc. which have a great role to play in increasing female libido. Potassium helps in increasing thyroid function which will again increase female sexual urge. Vitamin B6 encourages the production of male hormones and folic acid is essential for metabolizing proteins in the body.
Again, a pleasant fruit that is rich in potassium and vitamin B, which are nutrients that are required for optimum sexual satisfaction and production of testosterone, bananas produce energy for the person and this help to increase sexual libido of men as well as women. Bananas can be included in your daily diet to attain maximum benefit.
Oysters are rich in zinc which is essential for male sexual health. Zinc helps in production of testosterone and production of sperms in the body. Raw oysters can be cleaned thoroughly and can be taken after freezing it.
Asparagus helps in producing sex hormones in the body. They are high in vitamin E and are good for increasing the sexual libido of men and women. As they are easily available, asparagus can be taken on a daily basis.
Rich in vitamin B6 and B5 that is necessary for reducing stress levels in the body, eggs not only help in increasing sexual libido, but also balance the hormone levels in the body which too impact sexual libido a great deal.
Celery is a great vegetable that can be added to your soups and salads. Androsterone, a hormone that is released through the perspiration of men is a hormone that is similar to pheromones that help in attracting females in animals.
Androsterone is supposed to help in increasing the sexual desire of women. As celery is a healthy vegetable and has as pleasant taste, it is something which can be taken by everyone.
Figs contain amino acids that are helpful in increasing female libido. Taking figs every day will also enhance your sexual libido.
Licorice is helpful for women who have vaginal dryness due to estrogen fluctuation in the body. Licorice root can be taken in 2-3 ml quantities 2-3 times a day or as directed by the physician. They are also very beneficial in improving female libido.
Ginseng is a herb that is widely popular for sexual problems. It has a chemical that aids in the production of sex hormones in both men and women. Ginseng also increases blood circulation and provides energy to the body which too is good for overall sexual healthls.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions related to sexual health and well-being.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones
Me and wife had unprotected sex last night. After that she took an ECP. We did it again accidentally after 15 hours. Do we need to take another ECP or the one consumed earlier would manage things.
I am 22 years old. I have cold and it doesn't go off easily. It will be for a period of couple of months. How can I overcome this within a short period of time?
The vagina is composed of labia majora, labia minora and the clitoral head. In labiaplasty, the appearance of the external genitalia, specifically the labia minora are altered. The labia minora are the flaps of skin on either side of the vagina. With age and/or pregnancy, these can become dark, can sag or can enlarge over a period of time. While some women simply are bothered by the aesthetic appearance of it, others might have discomfort as a result of this.
This is where labiaplasty plays a critical role. It can remove the darkened folds and the excess tissue, creating a more symmetric and aesthetic appearance. The accompanying discomfort is also gone, producing both a psychological as well as a physical improvement. However, it is important for a woman to understand that having some folds in this area is quite normal and should not require any intervention. Also, this surgery is not for women less than 18 years of age as growth is not complete yet in these girls.
Once you have decided to go ahead with this procedure, be careful to place yourself in the hands of a good surgeon. Check for their testimonials and get all your doubts cleared. It is advisable to ask if there were failures and how they were handled, how complications that may arise are managed. In the wrong hands, things can go wrong in this surgery. Most doctors would like to set expectations and ask the patient in detail the exact reasons for and the expectations from the procedure. This is very important to avoid dissatisfaction for both the doctor and the patient.
What is done?
Using either a local anesthetic or a general anesthetic, the patient is sedated. The tissue of the labia minor is then reshaped using either a scalpel or laser. The loose ends of the tissue are sutured using absorbable sutures. These sutures will dissolve over the next few days. This procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require hospitalization.
What should you expect after the procedure?
Complete recovery may take up to a couple of months. During this period, rest from work is advisable. In addition to ample rest, you must follow the suggestions given below:
- Use cool packs to reduce the swelling and soreness
- Take painkillers to manage the pain
- The area must be kept clean, dry and free of infection
- Prefer loose clothing to avoid rubbing in the area
- Refrain from sex for a couple of weeks
- Avoid using tampons; use sanitary pads instead
Complications could range from bleeding, infection, allergic reaction to anesthetic, blood clots, reduced sensitivity of the genitalia, to unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance. These need to be managed between the cosmetic surgeon and the patient.
I feel hungry after eating food why it happen suggest some tips for tips because I eat extra which increase weight so suggest some diet which is helpful in weight loss no thyroid prblm no bp problem no diabetes.
Metabolism is the word used to indicate the chemical changes which take place in the body necessary for fulfilment of its vital functions.
The rate of metabolism is high when you are physically and mentally very active. Normally, your daily activity starts in the morning hours and therefore, don’t miss your breakfast.
Similarly, your rate of metabolism is the lowest in the night when you rest physically and mentally. Accordingly, your night meal has to be light and early so that it is mostly digested before you go to sleep. Avoid late night dinners.
With this kind of balancing, you can be free from OBESITY
A sip of tea to begin the day can banish the dregs of sleep and energize you for the day ahead. Tea is not only tasty, but has a number of health benefits as well. The most basic way tea helps the body is by hydrating it. Here are a few other benefits of a cup of tea.
- Soothes the digestive system: It is not only for taste that the Chinese like a cup of tea after their meals. Tea, particularly herbal tea can soothe the digestive system and aid in digestion. Ginger tea can additionally fight nausea.
- Clearer skin: Tea is rich in antioxidants that can detoxify the body and rid it of free radicals. This in turn helps fight signs of aging such as age spots, wrinkles and fine lines. It also keeps the skin firm and prevents sun damage.
- Improves heart health: Drinking a cup of tea regularly can help keep your heart healthy. This is because tea is a major source of flavanoids for the body that neutralizes free radicals. This also improves blood vessel and endothelial function and regularizes cholesterol levels. Green tea is also said to lower the risk of heart attacks.
- Weight loss: Tea has no calories of its own, just like water it keeps the body hydrated without affecting your weight. Thus, drinking a cup of tea instead of having a snack can temporarily fill the stomach and curb hunger pangs without any calorific gain. Also, oolong and green tea are said to increase metabolism rates, which further helps in weight loss.
- Boost dental health: When had without sugar or honey, tea can boost your dental health. Green tea protects the body against gum disease and can lower the risk of oral cancer. However, too much tea can stain enamel and spoil your smile if you do not maintain good dental hygiene habits.
- Reduced stress: Cortisol is one of the leading causes of stress. Tea can help reduce the amount of cortisol produced in the body and thus help you relax and fight stress. Lowered cortical levels can also slow down the aging process.
- Boost immunity: Herbal tea can also help boost the functionality of the immune system. Dandelion tea is said to aid the immune system in fighting ulcers, bronchitis and pneumonia. Chamomile tea has chemical compounds that increase the production of white blood cells. Similarly, ginseng tea encourages the production of both white blood cells and interferon.
Though it has a number of health benefits, like anything else, tea should not be had in excess. So, limit yourself to a cup or two a day.
I am 21 year old female, I am a pregnant of 1 month, I don't want this pregnancy, please tell me what medicines should I take to remove my pregnancy? What fruits should I take to remove pregnancy.
My fiance asks are there any negative side effects of taking i-pill in the long if there are then is there any alternate method of protection other than condom and operations.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.