Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Renu ParikYour feedback matters!
Hi, actually my wife had period last night. But it was not the same type that she had before. Actually it was lot of bleeding and pain in abdomen. Her period was delayed for one week. Actually I want to know what is the reason of that much bleeding and bleeding. I am worried about that. It is very difficult to get Doctor on Sunday. Could you please tell the reason.
I have a blockage in my both the fallopian tubes and due to dermoid cyst my right side ovary has been removed last year on September 2015. Its been more than 2 nd half years of my marriage. Coz of my laparotomy last year done I was not allowed to plan for a baby for 1 year. Now we r planning but because of blockage m unable to conceive. I have consult 1 Ayurveda he told me he will clear my blockage within 2 month. I am hoping for d best. M 30 years old dis November. Allopath has advised me for laparoscopy or ivf. But I don't want to go for ivf. And in laparoscopy there is 50-50 chances of clearing blockage. Please suggest me d best possible way.
I am unmarried I have some periods prblm it will be delay how I maintain monthly periods properly or correctly.
I am 6 months 8 days pregnant. My ultrasound shows I have breech presentation n baby's cord is around d neck. Is there any serious problem. M very afraid this is my first pregnancy. please help me.
See your doctor for a pre-pregnancy checkup. Don't forget to ask about things like family medical history, risk of birth defects, genetic conditions, and chronic illnesses. Discuss all the medications you take and make sure they're safe during pregnancy.
In addition to eating a healthy diet (lots of leafy greens, lean proteins, and fiber), boost your nutrients with a multivitamin specially formulated for pregnancy -- usually called a prenatal vitamin. It's particularly important to get sufficient folic acid before getting pregnant. This nutrient helps prevent birth defects like spina bifida; because many of these conditions arise very early in pregnancy, you need healthy levels of folic acid right from the start. Look for a multivitamin that contains 400 micrograms of folic acid. Ask your doctor or midwife to recommend a vitamin for you.
If you smoke, quit. Smoking poses a host of risks to a developing baby, including birth defects and low birth weight. It also doubles your risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. You may also find it more difficult to become pregnant in the first place if you smoke, as smoking is strongly linked with infertility in both women and men.
Get checked for hepatitis b and c, sexually transmitted infections, and hiv.
Get any health problems -- like diabetes and high blood pressure -- under control. If you are seriously overweight, talk to your doctor about how to maintain a healthy weight.
Hello, I am suffering from PCOD problem. When I get irregular periods, my left hand side stomach pains like hell and even left leg too :(.i can't even walk also. Who to overcome from this?
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
Hello, I have one small doubt. That is how we can avoid pregnancy after sex? And which tablets will work?
My wife has been diagnosed Torch positive He had occurred abortion and second time dilatation and curettage He has rubella and cmv reactive He has taken all antiviral for 30 days Now she is safe for pregnancy bcoz past history of 2 time abortion Dr. told no specific treatment available for Ig g reactive to rubella and cmv Dr. told pregnancy can occur but it might be continue or not we can not say anything bcoz fetus do not developed after 2 month so requirement of abortion or curettage is last option So what your suggestions? In all female cases this can be happen or chance of full term normal delivery is noticeable?
I am 36 yrs woman, my mensuration period has started on time but after 11 days still not stopped properly please advice.
Its being over 13 days of my date gone but my periods did not came. Well, nothing other reasons. I am unmarried and not engaged. Please tell. What would be the reason. And can I treat this irregularity naturally?
Hello doc. Doc my period cycle is around 30 days. Means 15 of every month. I want to ask about safe days for making relation.
I bleed too much at the menstruation time and have lot of pain in back and in stomach and bleed up to 6 or 7 days so please help me.
I would like to know more about anal sex, I want to perform it safely. Please guide how to do it comfortably for the first time. Also tell us what are the steps we should follow to make it very ease and very comfortable penetration like in we see in the movie. If fishers problem was there in the past, will it affect now. How to eliminate initial hurdles? Ejaculate in anas is harmful?
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures. Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.