Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Renu ParikYour feedback matters!
I got my periods on 9 July after that I had intercourse on 17 July we used condoms then on 22 august I take 2 tablets of nortesterione a day but on third day I took the dose of morning and night together and I did not got my periods why.
What should precaution should be taken during periods for hygiene? Is it safe to use cloth rather than a pad?
Vestibulodynia is a disorder in which women suffer from discomfort or pain in the vestibular area of the vagina, which comprises of the Bartholin's gland known for producing vaginal lubrication, the urethra from where you pass urine, and other minor vestibular glands known to produce vaginal discharge. Overgrowth or excessive sensitivity of the nerve fibers present there is considered to be the reason why women suffer from Vestibulodynia. The symptoms have a huge impact on the sufferer as simple acts, such as sitting down for prolonged periods or walking causes discomfort. This disorder usually affects women between 20 to 40 years of age.
- The symptoms of Vestibulodynia typically lasts for half or quarter a year. However, in some cases it may last for years, and a lifetime if untreated.
- Most women realize that they suffer from Vestibulodynia during their first sexual experience since the vestibular area is so hypersensitive that even the slightest touch during sexual intercourse, moving while in tight clothing as well as inserting tampons may cause some discomfort and pain.
The degree of pain experienced by women suffering from Vestibulodynia is variable. You may experience pain even after having had comfortable sexual relationships.
- Apart from overgrowth or hypersensitivity of the nerve fibers in that region, other possible causes are tendencies of pain problems or disorders, chronic yeast infections like thrush, injuring the vestibular area during surgery or childbirth and/or extreme sensitivity to irritants like panty liners and detergent etc.
- Sometimes, the pain is due to deeply rooted psychological issues, such as sexual trauma and other factors, such as birth or while moving house.
Vestibulodynia is sometimes mistaken for a type of skin diseases. However for the best treatment, you must consult a gynecologist who will treat your condition depending on your symptoms. Mentioned below a few ways to treat Vestibulodynia:
- Vaginal dilators, which are inserted into the vagina to relax the muscles present and gently stretch that area. Vestibulodynia also causes the pelvic floor muscles to tense up which can be overcome through vaginal dilators.
- Anesthetic Gels are water based gels, which have a small amount of local anesthesia and may numb the sensitive nerve fibers present there temporarily. Rub the gel over the tender areas, half an hour before indulging in sexual activities.
- You may even consume nerve fiber blocking tablets if you experience constant pain due to Vestibulodynia to tend to the sensitive nerve endings in your skin.
Anorgasmia, also known as Coughlan's syndrome, is a form of dysfunction, which deters your performance in bed. It is defined as the inability of a patient to achieve an orgasm even with adequate stimulation. Anorgasmia may also refer to long delays in achieving an orgasm, causing significant concern or stress to the patient. This condition is more commonly seen in women, especially those in the postmenopausal age group.This is especially common in women.
Cause of Anorgasmia:
- Trauma to the genital or pelvic organs; this trauma can be acquired from straddle injuries, for example falling off a balance beam or a bicycle
- Complications of surgery in the pelvic area
- Gynecologic operations, difficult childbirth and prosthetic procedures
- Diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and diabetes mellitus
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression or alcoholism
- Certain kinds of drugs such as antidepressant medications
- Addiction to heroin and other opiates
Occasionally, anorgasmia results from a combination of these causes
Symptoms of Anorgasmia: The primary symptom of anorgasmia is the failure to climax during sexual intercourse. Some patients may also experience a decreased intensity of orgasms, take a longer time than usual to achieve orgasms, and experience pain in lower abdomen or pelvic region during sexual intercourse. These symptoms can produce marked distress for the individual.
Types of Treatments Available: Anorgasmia is best managed by a sexual therapist. These experts are specialists in managing sexual dysfunction, and would initially confirm the diagnosis with several blood tests. A thorough neurological examination will be performed and hormone levels, blood sugar and genital blood flow will be evaluated.
Anorgasmia can be treated with:
- Changes in lifestyle and sexual practices
- Minimizing stress and anxiety
- Trying different techniques of sexual stimulation
- Kegel exercises
- Use of several devices, such as vacuum pumps and vibrators
- Cognitive therapy, a form of behavioral therapy that promotes changes in a person's ideas and attitude towards sexual activity)
- Counseling for couples (to allow them to address any issues in the relationship, at home and in the bedroom)
Problem in my periods.What to do? sometimes it comes after 1months. sometimes after 2 months? what's d problem?
I had unprotected sex about a month ago and also took I pill. I had my normal periods after that. BT I skip my next period date AM I pregnant?
I am suffering form pcod problem I have seen in net to take spearmint tea is pudina and spearmint is same can I take pudina boiled in hot water and take please please let me know.
I am 31 years old I got married fast 2 years but till now I have no child and I tested all report that report was year counts below 30 million please tell me how to increase my counts.
Drink 3-4 glass of pure water at morning on waking up after you brush your teeth, it will keep your gut clean
Consumption of sprouts is an excellent way to keep your protein intake high. The boiavaliability of protein is more in sprouts as compared to the normal pulses v consume.
- boosts immunity.
- aids weight loss as low in calorie.
- builds muscle mass in ppl with a lean body.
- excellent source of b complex vitamins.