Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha Gustad DaverYour feedback matters!
I wanted to ask tht my detection of B HCG In urine (pregnancy test) have been negative that mean I am not pregnant?
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to consult with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding.
Is there any permanent way of curing pcod which doesn't increase the weight. I am not getting bleeding in periods just one day. My age is 26. Kindly reply I am taking ovacare myo glyciphage SR 500 mg n ginette 35.
Hello Dr. last year I was pregnant with a hydrocephalus head baby so it was aborted in fifth month of pregnancy. Now my torch is normal my karyotype is normal n my husband's karyotype is also normal. I want to ask that can I have normal baby ever in my life or my previous history of abortion will affect my baby again.
Hello sir I have done sex with my wife 49 days before. But after sex she has not period till now. So I want to know Is she pregnant or not.
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.
I am newly married, I want to confirm what is the best time for a baby (pregnancy) if she has mensuration problem running what time I shud go for physical relation before dates or ending of female dates.
For how many months a Man can have intercourse with his pregnant wife and is there any harm to the child while sexual intercourse or after it?
Hi doc! my cousin missed her periods for this month. What could be the possible causes other than pregnancy. please suggest some medicine if it is a hormonal imbalance.
Sir pregnancy test done by prega news is positive. How can I avoid pregnancy. Last month periods start on 1 Feb. Please help.
My wife age is 28 and she did more than 3 times birth control and currently she won't able to inter meet so what should do to?
My wife is 3 weeks pregnant now. So my question is: can we continue having sex? Is it safe or sex will cause any complications. She suffers immediate stomach pain after sex for some time, then normal.
Last week abdomen scan, I had two big cysts on my ovaries, one about 6 cm on right and another about 5 cm on left ovary, I am 39 years. What should I do, if it reduces medication or surgery is complsary. Are they removes my uterus. Please kindly advice.
After delivery I m having sex but next day my vagina and abdomen is pain. Doctors insert the cooptie inside vagina for unwanted birth before three year is good for me or notMy virginal delivery and after birth some stichs also in vagina. But now is five months complete of delivery why my body feelings paining aches uneasy lazinessPlease suggest.
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form.
Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
How can I know my vagina is long? because he feels my vagina is deep because he is not able to feel sucked in the vagina. please help.
My marriage is going 5 years but I didn't have a baby. Because my husband have sperm count is zero. Do You have some solution this case?
My wife has itching problem near vaginal areas always, but it worsen during summer. She gets more itching after sex. Please suggest cure.
Worrying slows you down and only makes you dumb. It takes away your usual smartness and leaves you with lot of unwanted negativity. Besides, it makes your look older and your hair whiter! However, it is not easy to stop worrying as we worry about everything and for everyone. What we don't realise is that worrying has seldom achieved anything.
Here few things you can do to keep worrying at bay.
1. Postpone your worries to a specific time of the day - There is no point in worrying about something all day long. Not only does it affect your other work, it also affects your mind. Having said that, worrying can be helpful too. One might find a great solution, just with a little bit of pondering over the topic. So don't shun the worry, instead set aside a time to think about what is worrying you. Not only will it not gnaw on you mind all day, but you too can give it a constructive time when your mind is free of other preoccupations.
2. Use here and now techniques - Always try to remind yourself of what you should do “in this place”, “ at this time”, and focus on the activity or task you need to complete at that hour of the day.
3. Question your act of worrying - Evaluate the amount of time spend on worrying, how worrying is going to help you, how it can solve your problems or for that matter, the problems of others and in what better ways you could have spent the same time.
4. Relax yourself - Worrying can cause anxiety and tension which maintains the preoccupation and blocks the rational thinking process. So relax yourself. Use some systematic relaxation techniques or spend some time on any entertaining activity which relaxes you. Even having a casual chat or coffee along with your friend can be helpful.
5. Identify your negative thoughts - Try to identify the negative thoughts that arise in you which maintains the intensity of your worries. Challenge these negative thoughts and try to replace it with thoughts of hope and success
6. Develop problem solving skills: try to put your worries into a statement which describes the real core problem, brainstorm to find all the available solutions. Try to analyze the available solutions and choose the one that suits you the best. Start the solution at the earliest.
7. Develop acceptance - Many issues which you worry about may be the ones which are not in your control or even sometimes not your problem at all. Develop the tendency to accept that all issues will not be under your control at all times.
8. Prepare yourself to Wait - In case of worries about issues where uncertainty prevail, prepare yourself to wait till a concrete status I arrived at just like waiting for examination results.
9. Develop trust worthy friends - Good and trustworthy friends can help you in distracting your thoughts from the preoccupation with your worries and sometimes even provide effective solutions to the problems. Just sharing your worries with your friends may by itself give you some relief. Be careful not to engage with friend who would further add on to your confusion.
10. Seek help - if you feel that you are finding it difficult to come out of this vicious circle of worrying, don’t hesitate to meet a professional who can help you the resolve the problem
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.