Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Gustad Daver
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha Gustad DaverYour feedback matters!
Take care that whenever you touch an animal (your pet or any) you wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and even dust your clothes of any hair or dust particle
This is to prevent yourself groom getting infected of any animal origin
I am 22 years old and I am suffering from not come to the periods in two months please solve the problem I am un married.
I am 23 years old. I face severe pain on first day of periods. Also face loose motion n vomiting pblm .I take (meftal spas) tablet on frst day every month Kindly suggest how to reduce pain n kindly advise if above medicine is safe to b continued.
Hi I'm 25 years old I'm suffering from thyroid and using thyronom 25mcg and is in normal level. But I'm suffering with irregular periods from past 6 months. I'm getting cycle for alternative months and bleeding heavily and I went for homeopathy it only stopped bleeding but not the regular period. I'm having spotting for 10 to 15 days so I visited gynae she advised me to take normal test I'm having prolactin high 32.8 now. Is it a serious one and can I get pregnancy after marriage or not? please advise.
Vomiting heavily as she is pregnant when they will get reduced. She is in third month at present. Please advise.
Pregnancy brings with it a set of challenges, and for a diabetic woman, these only increase further. Earlier, the risks of dealing with pregnancy and diabetes as a combination were too high. However, over the last few decades, things have changed. The age at which women are choosing to have a baby has gone up. On the other hand, the age of onset of diabetes has come down drastically.
These days, there are many diabetic women who go through pregnancy smoothly without major complications. Of course, there is extra care and precaution required, but it is not something that cannot be planned and managed well between the doctor and the mother-to-be.
The following are some rough guidelines for a pregnant diabetic woman.
- It increases the risk of polycystic ovaries, thereby making it difficult to conceive.
- Fluctuating sugar levels can be a reason for not being able to conceive, as the body does not see itself as healthy.
- It increased the chances of miscarriage.
- There are higher chances of birth defects in the developing baby due to very high sugar levels in the first trimester.
If you are planning for a pregnancy, meet with your doctor to review your sugar levels. Chalk out a plan with your doctor, taking into account your diet and nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medications.
- Diet: Ensure you cautiously decide what and how to eat ahead of your pregnancy. Moving away from refined carbohydrates and processed foods towards wholesome food items like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will make a difference.
- Exercise: Build an exercise routine to suit your body and keep yourself active. It is very important to stay active so that diabetes is under control.
- Lifestyle: Quit smoking and reduce alcohol use. This helps in managing stress also, which can help keep diabetes under check.
- Medications: Check with your doctor on the medicines you are taking and if dose adjustments are required to get sugar levels under control, plan them out.
During pregnancy, constant monitoring and vigilance is required to ensure diabetes is under control.
- Let your gynecologist know about your condition (stable/fluctuating), and if you are doubtful about them being able to handle your condition, do not hesitate to change.
- Many consider switching to oral medications as the risk of transmission to the baby is less and the control over sugar levels is better.
- Constant monitoring for daily blood sugars is essential.
- A regular, healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and sleeping should help keep the sugars under check.
- Constant monitoring of the baby is essential to ensure its normal growth with no developmental defects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am suffering from severe abdominal pain and over bleeding during my menstrual period. Wht cam I do?
It’s not fun to be a sex addict. The only difference between chemical addiction and sexual addiction is that a sex addict craves sex and not a chemical.
To a sex addict, a sexual act has to be done without regard to potential dangerous consequences. Like other addicts, sex addicts also use sex as a quick fix to relieve anxiety, loneliness, pain or stress.
Understanding sexual addiction
Also called compulsive sexual behavior, hypersexual disorder, nymphomania or hypersexuality, sexual addiction is a state where one is obsessed with sexual thoughts, feelings and behaviours to the extent that it interferes with one’s work, health, relationships and daily activities. The patient follows a routine of acting out sexual desires, followed by denial, shame, despair and confusion. Sometimes but not always, sex fantasies extend to abnormal sexual behaviors that are considered immoral or illegal.
This cycle has to go on for at least six months before sex addiction is confirmed. Other signs of sexual addiction
1. Loss of control and addiction
2. Withdrawal symptoms
3. Lack of emotional attachment
Fortunately, just like other addictions, sex addiction can also be managed.
Only a trained therapist can diagnose sex addiction. There are a few conditions that can produce the same symptoms as hypersexuality like drug abuse and mental health conditions like obsessive- compulsive disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Some sex addicts can be suffering from these mental health conditions concurrently with their nymphomania. That’s why a trained psychologist has to consider the case in its entirety before making a diagnosis.
The first step towards treatment of hypersexuality is the person recognizing that they are out of control sexually. Sex addicts can remain in denial until a significant life event like a divorce or a health crisis prompts them to seek treatment.
Many treatment options are available as cures for sex addiction which include outpatient programmes including counseling and residential sex de-addiction programmes. Residential programmes offer patients a lot of motivation and support and as the patient is removed from his environment, triggers and routines, he finds it easier to overcome sex addiction. Goals of a sex addiction treatment center programme typically include:
- Commitment to abstinence
- Developing healthy sexuality
- Rebuilding relationships
- Stress management
Treatment for sex addiction usually follows the 12-step model initially developed for substance abuse disorders. Cognitive behavioral techniques help patients to learn thoughts and behaviors that will result in more effective management of their desires and ways to achieve and maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle. In some cases, medicines used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorders or impulse control disorders can also be used to curb the compulsive nature of the sex addiction. Antidepressants, antiseizure medications and medicines that decrease levels of male hormones have been found to decrease strong sexual urges as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.