Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha BarveYour feedback matters!
I have baby boy of 2 years he ate chocklate too much now his teeths are black what can I do for clean his teeths I brush his teeths daily but unable to clean his teeths any suggestion please?
Sir/madam, I have a baby girl 6 months, due to my job reasons am not given breast milk in 5th month. Now am going back to my baby so what can I do to increase production of milk for breastfeeding.
What is time of teething in babies. My baby is 10 month old but no teeth yet should I worried? Please advise.
I am using Johnson baby soap to my 1years 8 months boy. He z become so dry day to day. Wt z d best soap for avoid dry skin to my kid?
My daughter is 4 years old and she does not eat any food. Is there something which could help in improving her hunger.
my kid is 3 years old, I joined him in a school, but he will not play with other kids, and sits alone separately, why is he behaving like that, is there any problem. Please reply.
My daughter age is 9.5 year .her weight and height is 20 kg and 124 cm respectively. It is normal if not what can I do. She is suffering bed wetting till childhood. Please help.
My daughter having pain in legs and knees got backward although she can run walk and also jumps but every time she is crying for stream feet pain only left toe. So please give the solution she is so thin.
My son is 2.5 years and he is listen and respond every thing but problem is that his speech is not proper only he speaking some words like (e.g. Papa, Duddhu, Aao). So I want suggestion what should I do. Some one told me that use Brahmi Buti+Almond madam+One Kaali mirch with Sehad early in the morning. Please suggest.
I have 3 months baby. I m breastfeeding my baby. What I should eat to get more milk for my baby through breastfeeding?
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.