Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 47 year and I take RMD (gutkha) from past 18 years regularly. Now I am worrying whether I may affect with cancer like disease. I would like to have through checkup for this. What should I do?
Ovarian cancer is a broad term used to describe cluster of different types of cancers occurring in a single organ i.e. ovary. It can occur at any age- from infancy till old age , even though ovarian carcinoma in younger/childhood comprises only 20% of all ovarian cancers. Majority of ovarian cancers are epithelial - arising from the covering from ovary or from the fallopian tube or the lining of the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity.
The Silent Killer:
Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer as majority of patients report any symptoms when the disease is in the advance stage. Hardly 2-3% of all ovarian cancers cause bleeding or hirsutism, thereby seeking prompt treatment. Majority of ovarian cancer occurs in peri/postmenopausal women which reflect change in interior milieu in terms of hormones.
Since the symptoms are non-specific, women tend to ignore them due to growing age/menopause. Also, mostly women normally don't consult physicians for such non-gynecological complaints, thereby further delaying the diagnosis. It is recommended that women remain involved in their overall health and keep themselves updated to report any abnormality immediately to a specialist.
The main symptoms associated with Ovarian Cancer are:
Bloating sensation especially after heavy meals.
Increasing abdominal girth (especially if no change in diet or if regularly exercising).
Increasing heaviness (fullness) in lower abdomen.
Persistent Gastritis, if previously absent.
Inability to eat proper meal.
Increased frequency of urination.
Further, if there is family history of breast/uterine/ovarian cancer in first and second degree relatives, this increases the risk of developing ovarian and breast cancer. Such females should remain vigilant for above-mentioned symptoms and should report promptly.
I'm 24 year old male. I have an problem in my prostate gland my left prostate still have bigger size for bit to the normal and also has panic ever alternately. It has been for more then 8 years after an event of friend's kick. I know that after the kick on this this size also happen more bigger due to not proper treatment or increased size due to more cycling. Please suggest me right treatment for this. I will be greatfull your. Thanks.
Is cancer curable or not or some symptoms of cancer what precautions should one take to cure or saty away from cancer.
I am suffering from prostate -as per psr it is .84 I am taking allopathic tablet for this. I am having problem of frequent urine. Is there some ayurvedic medicine to cure this for ever I r goel.
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.