Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Raviraj ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sir, Am 40years old male and have high BP (ie 185/115), from last 3 to 4 years and am taken medicine daily for this. Now reduced around 150/105 average. Also past 4 to 5 days am affected with neck and both shoulder pain. This symptom are related to BP and what should I do?. By Manoj, Coimbatore. India.
My age 19 I have pain at right arm backside from one year I used different medicines but it was not cured what can I do now give your valuable suggestion.
My lower right leg muscles are paining a lot. I mean the calf region. It all started when I was sleeping yesterday and I don’t know I just woke up with tremendous pain in that Area and my muscles in the calf region were completely swollen. Also today morning I was not even able to feel my right leg for a while. Is it serious?
Hi, I was having back pain and some skin problems like slight vitiligo on inner lip. I was recommended vitamin b12, vit D tests. My vitamin D levels are 6.38 ng/ml. Vit B12 levels are 125 pg/ml. I want to know are these levels too low and how can I get it to normal level. Diet changes to treatment.
I am having finger pain in my left hand thumb from past 4 months. My thumb got stretched back suddenly while pressing the car seat spring button. Its not giving me unbearable pain, but there is a continuous pain while lifting heavy things or even shaking hands. Its giving me a uncomfortable feeling and also I am not able to pop this finger. The pain is in between the wrist and thumb, there is no pain in the thumb joints. I tried using joint pain palms .but no effect. Any suggestions or home remedies?
My mother have pain in her left hand. And it increases when she goes for walking. She doesn't have any chest complaints. ECG and echo results are normal. Cervical xray was done and it also came out to be normal. What should be done now?
The movement between bones and muscles is possible due to the fluid filled sacs that enable smooth gliding of the bones. When there is an inflammation of these sacs, condition known as bursitis results, leading to friction, reduced movement, painful movement, discomfort, and irritation.
Some of the common causes of bursitis include age, which brings along reduced elasticity of the tendons and ligaments. Additionally, sudden injury to the bursa area, repetitive stress, overuse of the ligaments or tendons, incorrect posture, and improper exercise can all lead to bursitis.
The most commonly affected parts are the elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles. The dull, aching pain that ensues is accompanied by stiffness. Movement can worsen this pain. The area can be red, hot, and swollen indicating infection. Whatever the area affected, some of the common ways to manage bursitis pain are listed below.
- Rest: As soon as bursitis is identified, the area must be rested. As noted, in most cases, repetitive stress and injury is the most common cause, and resting the area really helps.
- Ice only: If bursitis is happening for the first time, then an ice pack alone should help reduce the pain in 1 to 2 days.
- Ice and moist heat: If it is happening repeatedly, then alternating moist heat and ice for 15 minutes each will help. This can be done two to three times a day.
- Anti-inflammatories: In most cases, if rest and topical therapy are not working, then the regular anti-inflammatory agents may be given.
- Physical Therapy: In some cases, mild exercises can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide): This clear, colorless, oily liquid is made from wood pulp and helps in reducing the inflammation caused by bursitis. A 70% DMSO mixture can be applied with cotton on the affected area 3 times a day for 3 days, then 2 times a day for the next 3 days, and then 1 time a day for the next 3 days. If there is no improvement in the first 3 days, it needs to be discontinued.
- Foods to remove calcium deposits: In a number of cases, bursitis that is present for months or years is worsened due to the calcium deposits. Foods like apple cider vinegar can help dissolve the calcium deposits that could have formed in the bursa.
- Steroids: Local injections of corticosteroids may be necessary in some cases. Though inflammation can be curtailed with this, there is always the fear of hampered immunity and altered sugar levels.
- Surgical drainage: In very rare cases, the bursa may need to be surgically drained.
Bursitis is a very common issue and can be managed easily as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!