Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra NadkarniYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sensitivity in teeth, used many toothpastes but I had no positive effect. What should I do?
My front teeth has half broken 6yrs ago. There is no problem with this. But I want to attach a piece to cover it. Is it possible? how much time will it take for the entire treatment?
I have been suffering from a problem of mouth ulcers since my childhood, they come in 5-6 no. In a span of 15-20 days. I have taken treatments on it several times but every time doctor told me to have tablets like becosules etc. So I would like to ask you that if this is any kind of disease or what? If not then please suggest me what should I do with that. Till then, please tell me the effective tablet for these kind of ulcers. Thank You.
My teeth bleed and has tarter ,i have recently consulted a dentist about the cleaning process whether I can go for cleaning treatment .He suggested me to take scaling treatment can I know the benefits of that ? Is that really use full to me, and also the cost of that treatment?
I had nasopharynx carcinoma when I was 16. I am completely recovered now. I am 19 now bt stillmy mouth does not produce saliva as the salivary glands got damaged while radiation on my nect and face. I face a lot of problem. Please suggest me some natural ways to treat it.
Research has shown that chewing sugar-free gum for 20 minutes after eating or drinking can help reduce tooth decay risk by up to 40 percent !
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I am 45 years old. I'm suffering from following problems:-? Jaw lock while sleeping? weakness in eyes & head? teeth paining while going upstairs? irregular periods & having a simple follicular cyst in left ovary of approx. 2.1?4.2cm.
I have just done with my wisdom tooth extraction third molar upper left side, it was a surgery extraction. What would be the advises post surgery? Thank you in advance ð
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?