Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Ravinder JovekarYour feedback matters!
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.
Which type of hearing aid we get from govt schemes it free or costly it can IIC hearing aid by govt schemes.
I am 21 year old and I have skin problem my skin get so much itching and get blackness what should I do to cure it and doctor told this is tinea corporis is there and homeopathy remedies to cure it.
My wife is 31 years old and suffering form urinary tract infection for last 2 to 2.5 years every time she has felling burning sensation in urine after taking medicine then she is fine. I have consulted with 4 to 5 doctors all said that this will remain for life time every time if this happens then take the medicine there is no permanent solution for this. Please advide. She has kidney stone in 2012. In lat ultra sound no stone found by rg stones in 2014.
Hello sir/ madam, Always I am face the severe headache. I just working marketing sector. Shall you tel me good remedies for this ache.
Sir i am staying in hostel so am do gay sex with my friend one day while sex with my friend blood is bleed from my penis .I want a suggestion from male doctor please .
I am 28 years old some time I get headache but which I can't say it is headache or pressure. please help me?
Sir. By birth I have only one kidney. Pls suggest me some tips for my kidney care. Can I do walking. Yoga. Can I drink green tea. Trifala churns. Sprouts.
I am 49 years obese person having ht. 5'9" and wt. 103 kg. Fat deposited primarily around neck and belly. I am suffering from the problem of snorring, even while travelling in day time. Another person cannot sleep and even travel with me. Pl. Suggest- 1. How I can rid off from snorring. 2. How can I reduce my weight. Regards
My mom has fatty liver she feel tired, headache and stomach pain also pains in joints what step should I take to control it.
Food for Good Night Sleep
Eat strategically at night: Certain foods contain compounds that help the body relax and unwind so you will slip into a deep, restorative sleep faster.
In addition to tryptophan, bananas also contain potassium and magnesium, two more natural muscle relaxants. Eat one slathered with peanut butter for a punch of belly-filling protein.
Fresh and dried cherries are one of the few natural food sources of melatonin, which helps your body regulate sleep cycles and supports healthy cellular replication and restful sleep.
Have a glass an hour before bed, suggests Shelby Harris, PsyD, director of the Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City. Milk helps the brain use tryptophan and promotes the production of melatonin, which shortens the amount of time that it takes you to fall asleep. The calcium in milk also acts as a natural muscle relaxant.
Studies show that honey contains a form of fructose that releases slowly into the blood stream,
These heart-healthy nuts contain the magical duo of tryptophan and magnesium, which relax your muscles and make you tired,
If you are making a late-night run to Starbucks, opt for oatmeal over coffee. Oats are a good source of high-quality carbohydrates and have natural sedative properties.
Don't just roast these at Halloween: Pumpkin seeds are naturally rich in magnesium, calms your body and mind for a great night of sleep. Having enough magnesium in your systems decreases the chances of muscle tremors, cramps and anxiety. Toss a handful of seeds into soups, smoothies or salads.